YHM endcap will not tighten [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : YHM endcap will not tighten

JerryVO
11-07-2012, 08:29
I recently purchased a YHM rifle length diamond series forearm and the matching endcap. The endcap threads very loosely into the forearm. I supplied 2 drops of the included purple loctite to the endcap threads, assembled, and allowed time to dry and the endcap still turns freely. I unscrewed the endcap and applied 4 drops of blue loctite and repeased the same procedure and with minimal force (less than finger pressure)the endcap still turnes freely. Before I soak the threads 360 degrees in loctite and reassemble is there some step I am missing or something else that needs to be done?

Mayhem like Me
11-07-2012, 14:18
No the threads are very loose, I throw away the end caps they serve no purpose and add extra weight.

JerryVO
11-07-2012, 20:43
Here is YHMs answer if anyone else ever has the same problem.

No, you need to make sure both the threads on the endcap and on theforearm are completely free of any oil or the loc-tite will not set up.Clean both very well and then use some alcohol to clean any residue leftfrom the cleaning solution. Then apply a liberal amount of loc-tite allthe way around the threads of the endcap with your finger so the threadsare completely coated. Then screw the endcap in place to the desiredposition and LEAVE IT ALONE for 24 hours or more. DO NOT even look at theendcap for at least 24 hours as if you try and test it with your fingerbefore the 24 hours is up you will disturb the setup of the loc-tite andthe endcap will remain loose and not set up. If you follow theseinstructions exactly the endcap will be installed correctly and not beloose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

WoodenPlank
11-07-2012, 22:20
Sounds like a load of crap to me. If the threads were cut worth anything, then you wouldn't be having this issue.

Dump the front cap, it's got no real practical use.