Will an AWB ban my AR15 chambered in 22LR? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Will an AWB ban my AR15 chambered in 22LR?

Chris Brines
11-07-2012, 10:44
About as direct of a question as I can ask. I have an AR15 complete PSA lower with 2 uppers...one chambered in 5.56, one in 22LR.

The one chambered in 5.56 is going "bye bye" very soon. To a place where it is safe from theft. I'd like to keep my 22LR though.

But I am wondering if that will be banned for looking too scary too. If so, it's going with the 5.56 to a safe place. If not, I am thinking maybe I should invest in a cheap-o polymer lower for it.

Either way, wherever my 5.56 upper goes, it's bottom half is going with it. And all 10 of my Pmags.

Thoughts?

Cole125
11-07-2012, 11:00
If you look at the AWB in California, its only centerfire semi-auto rifles that are covered in the ban.

Rimfire AR15s are legal, but your limited to 10 round magazines unless you owned them before the ban.

fuzzy03cls
11-07-2012, 11:15
Why would you even be thinking about this right now? No one has introduce anything remotely close to that. The fiscal cliff is the major thing right now & that will be well into next year for that.
Just shut up & shoot.

For the sake of the question, legislation would have to be proposed & clearly spelled out what was legal & what was not. Just because the past has the 22's as legal doesn't mean it would still be.

WoodenPlank
11-07-2012, 12:42
Why would you even be thinking about this right now? No one has introduce anything remotely close to that. The fiscal cliff is the major thing right now & that will be well into next year for that.
Just shut up & shoot.

For the sake of the question, legislation would have to be proposed & clearly spelled out what was legal & what was not. Just because the past has the 22's as legal doesn't mean it would still be.

...and good luck getting gun control through the Republican controlled House.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bpe5008
11-07-2012, 13:27
Just shut up & shoot.

+1....You shouldn't be concerning yourself about what could be banned, instead do a little political research and see that any kind of AR ban would be political suicide at this point. The massive buyout of guns and ammo at the end of the last election proved that to the politicians.

M&P15T
11-07-2012, 13:36
Despite all the chicken littles acting like the sky is falling, it most likely is not.

Deep breath, I highly doubt we have anything to fear at this point.

WayaX
11-07-2012, 13:39
Any new ban will not be the old ban. Planning for the old ban is like planning to fight the last war.

I don't see anything resembling the old ban getting passed in the next two years at least. What might be coming, however, are things like import restrictions and the likes that the president does have control over. I still, however, remain skeptical...vigilant, but skeptical.

GAFinch
11-07-2012, 13:57
EPA ban on lead ammunition, SCOTUS ruling that the 2A doesn't guarantee an individual's right to own firearms. A new AWB isn't needed, so don't worry about it.

Chuck TX
11-07-2012, 15:55
You're in Texas. Don't sweat it for now.

Any new ban will not be the old ban. Planning for the old ban is like planning to fight the last war.

I don't see anything resembling the old ban getting passed in the next two years at least. What might be coming, however, are things like import restrictions and the likes that the president does have control over. I still, however, remain skeptical...vigilant, but skeptical.

This is more likely.

Chris Brines
11-07-2012, 21:37
You're in Texas. Don't sweat it for now.

This is more likely.

Sounds good. I really am not planning on waiting till it is happening to prepare though. I own 7 guns and plan on "turning in" or "handing over" zero of them. Ever. Today I have read about the UN ATT being re introduced, and the appointing of anti gun SCOTUS seats. Two very REAL possiblities...and the UN ATT is already in the works.

Eventually, I plan to put my guns in a safe place. Not all of them of course, but my rifle, for sure. I'd say today of any day is the day people need to at least consider that possibility. They want to make us like Europe. I really do not trust these people at all.

I know some people say, "don't worry, you have nothing to worry about", but then I read things like this and think it's wiser to hope for the best yet prepare for the worst:

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/07/senator-dianne-feinstein-moves-to-ban-all-assault-rifles-high-capacity-magazines-and-pistol-grips/

But you're right, I am in TX. That is a plus. And thanks for the info I'm gonna end up getting a polymer lower for my 22LR upper.