Would they even vote for Jesus? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Would they even vote for Jesus?

JuneyBooney
11-07-2012, 13:32
I have heard talking heads saying that Romney was too liberal and that is why he lost. Then I hear people saying that Ryan was too conservative. Now as a Republican I have seen people talking about "long hairs" etc. But I really wonder if these same people who are really short sighted would even vote for 'Jesus" if he was running for office. :whistling:

My polling place had a sixty percent turnout and it was almost double the republicans vs the democrats.

My personal observation is that Chris Christie did shaft Romney and that this storm is actually worse than Katrina in terms of the government help.:crying:

Fox
11-07-2012, 13:33
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/Sixgun_Symphony44-40/401521_470535592979355_2021427159_n.jpg

hamster
11-07-2012, 13:51
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/Sixgun_Symphony44-40/401521_470535592979355_2021427159_n.jpg

Not true in a single state.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii294/disintegr8or2/gj.jpg

mhambi
11-07-2012, 13:55
Doesn't he belong to that weird cult?

Steve0853
11-07-2012, 14:02
Actually, on the original Easter Weekend in Jerusalem, the people cried loudly "GIVE US BARABBAS, GIVE US BARABBAS"....and sent Jesus to be crucified.

From most of the comments I am seeing here and elsewhere, Americans would again choose Barabbas.

RimfireMan
11-07-2012, 14:08
But I really wonder if these same people who are really short sighted would even vote for 'Jesus" if he was running for office. :whistling:

Jesus would probably be running as a liberal so the question is, would YOU vote for him. :tongueout:

johnd
11-07-2012, 14:12
Why would anyone vote for our lawn guy?

vart
11-07-2012, 14:13
Actually, on the original Easter Weekend in Jerusalem, the people cried loudly "GIVE US BARABBAS, GIVE US BARABBAS"....and sent Jesus to be crucified.

From most of the comments I am seeing here and elsewhere, Americans would again choose Barabbas.
Yep... And more and more conservatives would as well. And they wonder why the country continues it's decline...:upeyes:

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 14:20
I have heard talking heads saying that Romney was too liberal and that is why he lost. Then I hear people saying that Ryan was too conservative. Now as a Republican I have seen people talking about "long hairs" etc. But I really wonder if these same people who are really short sighted would even vote for 'Jesus" if he was running for office. :whistling:

My polling place had a sixty percent turnout and it was almost double the republicans vs the democrats.

My personal observation is that Chris Christie did shaft Romney and that this storm is actually worse than Katrina in terms of the government help.:crying:

Jesus would be too liberal. Community organizer, curing people without charging a fee, preaching love and sympathy.

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 14:22
"You're welcome, Big O. When are we gonna ban guns?"

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 14:45
I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - ghandi.

jay29
11-07-2012, 15:26
Jesus would be too liberal. Community organizer, curing people without charging a fee, preaching love and sympathy.

Would Jesus support abortion, redefinition of marriage and the renunciation of His teachings on Holy Matrimony? :whistling:

jay29
11-07-2012, 15:27
I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - ghandi.

Coming from one of the most well known PAGANS is meaningless.

dango
11-07-2012, 15:40
For those that truely understand , even Jesus gave us the choice to choose our own future. He will not save us for we make our own choices...!

NeverMore1701
11-07-2012, 15:41
Too bad there aren't political or religious sub forums right here on GT for this kind of crap.

coastal4974
11-07-2012, 15:52

Well Jesus wasn't a union carpenter but he did have the Jew thing going for him, all he needed was the black thing and he might have pulled it off.

8-Ball
11-07-2012, 16:02
Too bad there aren't political or religious sub forums right here on GT for this kind of crap.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 16:15
Would Jesus support abortion, redefinition of marriage and the renunciation of His teachings on Holy Matrimony? :whistling:

I don't know. He had no issues with whores, so I'd assume that he'd be a pretty tolerant fellow on the rest.

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 16:16

You say pagan as though it's a bad thing.:dunno:

NOLA_glock
11-07-2012, 16:23

OOOOH, Gandhi just got BURNED!!!!

Are observations made by non-muslims about muslims meaningless as well, or is this a one way street?

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 16:45

What exactly were his teachings on "Holy Matrimony"?

686Owner
11-07-2012, 16:48
Would they have voted for the easter bunny or santa claus.

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 16:52
Would they have voted for the easter bunny or santa claus.

I think many believe they voted for Santa Claus

Kingarthurhk
11-07-2012, 16:54
Why would anyone vote for our lawn guy?:rofl:

Would you vote for Jesus, Carlos, or Juan?:supergrin:

TactiCool
11-07-2012, 16:55
OOOOH, Gandhi just got BURNED!!!!

Are observations made by non-muslims about muslims meaningless as well, or is this a one way street?

With Islam, it's always a one way street.

heliguy
11-07-2012, 16:56
Jesus message is one of extreme personal accountability. Liberals RUN from His message!

Kingarthurhk
11-07-2012, 16:58
Jesus message is one of extreme personal accountability. Liberals RUN from His message!

Unless someone is planning on attempting to work their way to heaven, I would disagree with you. His message was about being dependant on Him.

Magnus2131
11-07-2012, 17:03
Need a 3rd party sub forum so they can gloat and pat each other on the back about how self righteous they are.:whistling:

NOLA_glock
11-07-2012, 17:04
With Islam, it's always a one way street.

Well yeah, but that's not what I meant. Obviously they go nuts every time a new Hagar the Horrible strip paints pork consumption in a positive light. :rofl:

He seemed to imply that criticisms about Christians are meaningless when they come from non-Christians. I was just asking about non-Muslims criticizing Muslims, as to if those criticisms are meaningless from his perspective, as well. The one way street thing may not have been very clear.

turretg
11-07-2012, 17:12
Good point although logic is lost on some here.

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 17:15

Is that why he went around preaching to "love thy brothers"?

Which Jesus's teachings are you studying?

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 17:15
Need a 3rd party sub forum so they can gloat and pat each other on the back about how self righteous they are.:whistling:

That'd be sweet!!!

Better than whining and crying and world ending proclamations.

G26S239
11-07-2012, 17:41
I would not vote for any candidate who allowed his followers to claim him as the son of god while neither confirming or denying such claims. Even Ronulans stop short of claiming Ron Paul is divine.

Matthew 22:30 "For in heaven they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of god in heaven."

TactiCool
11-07-2012, 17:44
Well yeah, but that's not what I meant. Obviously they go nuts every time a new Hagar the Horrible strip paints pork consumption in a positive light. :rofl:

He seemed to imply that criticisms about Christians are meaningless when they come from non-Christians. I was just asking about non-Muslims criticizing Muslims, as to if those criticisms are meaningless from his perspective, as well. The one way street thing may not have been very clear.

Well considering how personal the mooslimes take even veiled criticism, I'd venture to say it that it does mean something, especially since they often have to use brute force rather than reason to get their point across.

Regarding the Ghandi quote though, I would say that the point he makes is applicable to all religions, not just Christianity. But it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, since neither he nor any human being for that matter, can claim to be perfect and adhere to every facet of their faith 24/7.

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 17:55
I would not vote for any candidate who allowed his followers to claim him as the son of god while neither confirming or denying such claims. Even Ronulans stop short of claiming Ron Paul is divine.

Matthew 22:30 "For in heaven they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of god in heaven."

That doesn't sound like it's saying anything about marriage on Earth

OctoberRust
11-07-2012, 17:57

Well since some historians find Jesus may have been polygamous himself...... Probably. I hope that doesn't ruin your image of your buddy who was the son of your imaginary friend or anything....

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 18:16
But it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, since neither he nor any human being for that matter, can claim to be perfect and adhere to every facet of their faith 24/7.

Buddhist monks don't claim to be perfect. They aspire to perfection while acknowledging imperfection. However you don't see Buddhist monks running around denigrating other religions unlike Christianity, Judeaism and Islam. Must be something about the One God deal.

NOLA_glock
11-07-2012, 18:17
Well considering how personal the mooslimes take even veiled criticism, I'd venture to say it that it does mean something, especially since they often have to use brute force rather than reason to get their point across.

Regarding the Ghandi quote though, I would say that the point he makes is applicable to all religions, not just Christianity. But it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, since neither he nor any human being for that matter, can claim to be perfect and adhere to every facet of their faith 24/7.

I completely agree. :cheers:

TactiCool
11-07-2012, 18:37
Buddhist monks don't claim to be perfect. They aspire to perfection while acknowledging imperfection. However you don't see Buddhist monks running around denigrating other religions unlike Christianity, Judeaism and Islam. Must be something about the One God deal.

Thing is, Ghandi's comment was patronizing, sanctimonious, and judgemental, all at the same time. Not very Buddhist like if you ask me. His comment paints Christians with a very broad brush and implies that they, collectively, don't possess any of the morals that their religion teaches.

He then makes a direct comparison between Jesus Christ and fallible mortals, which is rediculous. Now tell me, how foolish would it sound to compare Buddha to all Buddists in the exact same way?

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 18:46
Thing is, Ghandi's comment was patronizing, sanctimonious, and judgemental, all at the same time. Not very Buddhist like if you ask me. His comment paints Christians with a very broad brush and implies that they, collectively, don't possess any of the morals that their religion teaches.

Consider what he and his people had gone through under the hands of Christians, can you blame him?

He then makes a direct comparison between Jesus Christ and fallible mortals, which is rediculous. Now tell me, how foolish would it sound to compare Buddha to all Buddists in the exact same way?

You can compare Buddha to the Buddhists. Buddha was a mortal. Even Buddha himself sought perfection.

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 18:46
Regarding the Ghandi quote though, I would say that the point he makes is applicable to all religions, not just Christianity..

Perhaps, but my experience (I suspect much like his) is that they are the worst I have personally experienced.

But it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, since neither he nor any human being for that matter, can claim to be perfect and adhere to every facet of their faith 24/7.

There's a lot of ground between not living up to one's deity and being openly hateful and hypocrytical

Booker
11-07-2012, 18:55
Jesus couldn't run.

He wasn't a Natural Born Citizen nor had he obtained the age of 35!

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 19:07
Jesus couldn't run.

He wasn't a Natural Born Citizen nor had he obtained the age of 35!

Is you're using his original birth date for that claim then he'd be over two thousand years old. If you want to change that to what if he had been born in modern times then you could easily add "in the US".

G26S239
11-07-2012, 19:08

That doesn't sound like it's saying anything about marriage on Earth
You did not restrict your question to marriage on earth.

Jake Starr
11-07-2012, 19:19
Thing is next time Jesus returns there will be no voting.:shocked:

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 19:27
You did not restrict your question to marriage on earth.

That is true and it sounds like as long as we're not messing with the heavenly aspects of it then Jesus is ok with "redefinition of marriage and renuncification of holy matrimony" here on Earth then,right?

JuneyBooney
11-07-2012, 19:31
Jesus would probably be running as a liberal so the question is, would YOU vote for him. :tongueout:

I don't think he would be an "Authoritarian" which is that Democrats are...they want to control our lives totally. :faint:But I would vote for Jesus.:cool:

NeverMore1701
11-07-2012, 19:42
I don't think he would be an "Authoritarian" which is that Democrats are...they want to control our lives totally. :faint:But I would vote for Jesus.:cool:

And republicans don't want to control people's lives? Please. They're two sides of big government's coin.

G26S239
11-07-2012, 19:43
That is true and it sounds like as long as we're not messing with the heavenly aspects of it then Jesus is ok with "redefinition of marriage and renuncification of holy matrimony" here on Earth then,right?
As far as gay marriage, not necessarily IMO since in Matthew 5:17 -18 "Think not I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fullfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fullfilled" which would appear to me to support Lev 20:13 but christians are good at keeping what they want and deeming the rest irrelevant as it suits them. Hell they let Paul get away with saying the law was nailed to the stake of death in direct contradiction to Matt 5:17-18.

Jade Falcon
11-07-2012, 19:45

Coming from one of the most well known PHILOSOPHERS is wisdom, if you choose to listen.

And don't blame me: I voted for Romney....for all the good that did me.

nursetim
11-07-2012, 20:01
See this is the kind of crap we don't need. The left has us at each others throats looking for blood. The left has moved so far left that the conservatives have moved into where the democrats used to be. The problem is there are enough of us who remember what conservatives used to stand for and hold them to that standard. When we slip loose the mortal coil, the republicans will move even more left.

I'm moving to Utah, I seem to have more in common with true Mormons. As to not voting for Jesus, it's an absurd argument from the out set and disingenuous.

G26S239
11-07-2012, 20:09
Gandhi was Hindu not Buddhist and members of his own religion do like to impose their own religious values on others. Reference an arrest warrant issued for Richard Gere and Indian actress Shilpa Shetty for kissing in public at an AIDS awareness event and fundraiser in Delhi in 2007. http://www.celebridiot.com/2007/04/26/india-issues-arrest-warrant-for-richard-gere/

Brucev
11-07-2012, 20:27

Absolutely correct!

Brucev
11-07-2012, 20:36

You're a smart little boy. Google it.

Halojumper
11-07-2012, 20:54
You're a smart little boy. Google it.

So you'd rather leave your argument up the the whims of Google, or do you just not know?

jay29
11-07-2012, 21:43
I don't know. He had no issues with whores, so I'd assume that he'd be a pretty tolerant fellow on the rest.

Let me school you a little. Jesus forgave whores that asked for forgiveness and told them to "sin no more." St. Paul, aka Saul of Tarsus MURDERED the first Christian martyr, St. Stephen, and Jesus STILL chose him after conversion to be his representative to the Gentiles. Jesus never condoned murder, but murder did happened and was recorded in scripture.

Jesus does not bless any sex outside of one man and one woman in Holy Matrimony. Don't fool yourself.

jay29
11-07-2012, 21:57
So you'd rather leave your argument up the the whims of Google, or do you just not know?

I know:

Gospel of Matthew:

Divorce

Chapter 10

2 Some Pharisees came and tested Jesus by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and [B]the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

This is Holy Matrimony as God intended. Don't believe the other variations. They don't belong to God.

JuneyBooney
11-07-2012, 23:14

I don't think so. :whistling:

JuneyBooney
11-07-2012, 23:18
See this is the kind of crap we don't need. The left has us at each others throats looking for blood. The left has moved so far left that the conservatives have moved into where the democrats used to be. The problem is there are enough of us who remember what conservatives used to stand for and hold them to that standard. When we slip loose the mortal coil, the republicans will move even more left.

I'm moving to Utah, I seem to have more in common with true Mormons. As to not voting for Jesus, it's an absurd argument from the out set and disingenuous.

I seem to agree with you. I wonder how long it will be before we have another "civil war" because of how the country has become. If the economy tanks again it could really all be over as we have known it. Really kind of sad how things have become. :faint:

costanza187
11-08-2012, 06:05
The Democrats always vote for Santa Claus over Jesus.

fowl intent
11-08-2012, 06:27
Hamster, how dare you bring up facts to support your unpopular position!

fowl intent
11-08-2012, 06:40
Maybe this does belong on the Religion board, but why do Christians quote the Bible as if it was some kind of Rule Book that all men are bound to follow? As a citizen of the United States, I am not bound by the definition of marriage found in Matthew or any of the other books of the Bible, or any other religious texts for that matter. I am bound by the law of the land.

It's great if you are Christian and want to believe those things, and live your life by them, but I am pretty sure that non-christians couldn't care a damn about what the Bible says. Therefore it seems that the Bible should rightly be used to justify and explain one's beliefs and positions in a group of likeminded people, but not in the context of a public discussion amongst Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Shinto, and yes, for that matter agnostics and athiests. Just my humble opinion. You can now commence the public flogging.

Brucev
11-08-2012, 07:01

I took your comment to be trolling. I responded accordingly.

If you seriously want an answer, I'd suggest you take a considered look at what Jesus said on the subject.

The Bible is not a systematic treatise. For Christians, the authority of Jesus is ultimate over all else. A general review of what he said with regard to marriage is found in Matthew 19:3-6 which was directly reflective of Genesis 2:23-24; Deuteronomy 5:22-29.

Other issues such as divorce, remarriage, adultery, faithfulness in marriage, marriage as one man with one woman are addressed by Jesus.

A good way to start would be to simply sit down and read the passages in the gospels and compare them. A Harmony of the Gospels is very helpful. Such a resource can be accessed online. Here is a useful link: http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/harmony/index.cfm .

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 07:30
Gandhi was Hindu not Buddhist and members of his own religion do like to impose their own religious values on others. Reference an arrest warrant issued for Richard Gere and Indian actress Shilpa Shetty for kissing in public at an AIDS awareness event and fundraiser in Delhi in 2007. http://www.celebridiot.com/2007/04/26/india-issues-arrest-warrant-for-richard-gere/

My bad. The robe and the bald head threw me off.

As far as Hindi values and laws in India...there's a reason why America is not a theocracy, and we even have the First Amendment that says so.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 07:31
The Bible is not a systematic treatise. For Christians, the authority of Jesus is ultimate over all else..

Even above his Father God? Isn't the Old Testament based on God's view of things?

Halojumper
11-08-2012, 15:31
Even above his Father God? Isn't the Old Testament based on God's view of things?

Some of them claim that the God of the OT is the same as Jesus of the NT.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 16:19
Let me school you a little. Jesus forgave whores that asked for forgiveness and told them to "sin no more." St. Paul, aka Saul of Tarsus MURDERED the first Christian martyr, St. Stephen, and Jesus STILL chose him after conversion to be his representative to the Gentiles. Jesus never condoned murder, but murder did happened and was recorded in scripture.

Jesus does not bless any sex outside of one man and one woman in Holy Matrimony. Don't fool yourself.

How do you know what Jesus would bless or would not bless? Can you read his mind?

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 16:21

Obviously, Jesus is not God. He's the Son of God.

My only beef is that should I follow the words of God or should I follow the words of Son of God? God endorsed killing lots of people and destroying lots of things while Son of God wanted to preach love and harmony.

I think that I like God's words better because I like to kill'em all and let God sort'em out.

Halojumper
11-08-2012, 16:47
I took your comment to be trolling. I responded accordingly.

I've often wondered why it is that when Christians find a post they don't like they accuse the poster of trolling. I imagine it's an example of if you can't argue with the content, then attack the messenger as a distraction.

Halojumper
11-08-2012, 16:52
Obviously, Jesus is not God. He's the Son of God.

My only beef is that should I follow the words of God or should I follow the words of Son of God? God endorsed killing lots of people and destroying lots of things while Son of God wanted to preach love and harmony.

I think that I like God's words better because I like to kill'em all and let God sort'em out.

God is God, but then Jesus is God, but you still need to go through Jesus to get to the main God who is just Jesus and God used to be lord, but Jesus replaced him on that. How does one keep track?

chewybaca67
11-08-2012, 16:59
This thread is proof Jesus uses the "F" word.

G26S239
11-08-2012, 17:34
God is God, but then Jesus is God, but you still need to go through Jesus to get to the main God who is just Jesus and God used to be lord, but Jesus replaced him on that. How does one keep track?

Good question, especially since Trinity is not ever mentioned in the bible. If Cerberus had gotten a trademark for three headed deism he might have gotten Yahweh, Yashua and the holy spirit with a cease and desist order. :wavey:

Halojumper
11-08-2012, 17:47
[QUOTE=G26S239;19609894]Good question, especially since Trinity is not ever mentioned in the bible. QUOTE]

True, it was invented around the 3rd century

G26S239
11-08-2012, 20:22
The Democrats always vote for Santa Claus over Jesus.
Santa allegedly flys around the world in one night on a reindeer powered sleigh handing out presents to every good boy and girl in the world.

The other was allegedly born of a virgin mother, allegedly walked on water, allegedly the son of a guy that allegedly built the earth and populated it in 6 days, allegedly brought the dead back to life and allegedly rose 3 days after death.

How would believing either of those illogical fairy tales make Jesus believers better than Santa believers or vice versa?

And BTW don't forget that handing out free fish and bread to 1000s was another of Jesus alleged miracles. Apparently his followers like free stuff too.

dre23
11-08-2012, 22:12
I am sure I will get flamed for this, but oh well! I don't understand is in the OT God as a show of his might to the Pharaoh released the plagues, parted the Red Sea, etc to convince him to set his people free. Today a miracle is the face of Jesus on a grilled cheese and hen sold on Ebay :dunno: Granted not a confirmed miracle by the church but what gives? I would not vote for Jesus until he proved his identity with at minimum a valid drivers license. Do they have those in Heaven?

airmotive
11-08-2012, 23:22
Is you're using his original birth date for that claim then he'd be over two thousand years old. If you want to change that to what if he had been born in modern times then you could easily add "in the US".

So maybe have John McCain as a running mate?

jay29
11-08-2012, 23:47

They are both the same. The Old Covenant vs. The New Covenant. Christians are under the Law of Christ in the New Covenant.

++++++++++++

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

The Holy Trinity has always existed before all creation.

Jesus, the Son of God, took on human flesh. He existed before the creation of the world.

jay29
11-08-2012, 23:53

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

Read more here:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2017&version=NIV

9jeeps
11-09-2012, 00:22
In a nut shell. Romney is a God believer with Mormon teaching and raising. He has a code of ethics. Among them was fairness, truth, and strong civil and God given morals. It cost him an election because he would not call Obama what he is.

Obama, Has no morals, a cheat a proven liar, And avowed Muslim, and appeals to those who live like lives. And those will always be in the majority. Yet have the audacity to beg the same credentials of the Moral Americans.

There is NO Christian in America that can morally vote for OBAMA. YET, some have voted for him TWICE!
Your greed and sin make you happy???

If you are not a God believer you have no Dog in this observation. Your comments are of course welcome. But why would you? You either suffer from bloated Ego or just need to be noticed.:upeyes:

frizz
11-09-2012, 02:44
Thing is, Ghandi's comment was patronizing, sanctimonious, and judgemental, all at the same time. Not very Buddhist like if you ask me.

:upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

Ghandi was a Hindu. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about, you should shut your mouth.

frizz
11-09-2012, 02:47

:rofl:

Looks like you played hooky when the "love your enemy" lesson was covered in Sunday School.

Halojumper
11-09-2012, 21:08
They are both the same. The Old Covenant vs. The New Covenant. Christians are under the Law of Christ in the New Covenant.

++++++++++++

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

The Holy Trinity has always existed before all creation.

Jesus, the Son of God, took on human flesh. He existed before the creation of the world.

Though that is Christian doctrine, it never actually says that in the Bible. It's a made up interpretation.

Halojumper
11-09-2012, 21:11
In a nut shell. Romney is a God believer with Mormon teaching and raising. He has a code of ethics. Among them was fairness, truth, and strong civil and God given morals. It cost him an election because he would not call Obama what he is.:

Or perhaps it was his irrational attachment to interfering with women's rights and trying to push his religion down our throats.

[QUOTE=9jeeps;19611147If you are not a God believer you have no Dog in this observation. Your comments are of course welcome. But why would you? You either suffer from bloated Ego or just need to be noticed.:upeyes :[/QUOTE]

How did you come to the conclusion that those are the only two options?

jay29
11-11-2012, 07:38

Looks like you played hooky when the "love your enemy" lesson was covered in Sunday School.

He's not my enemy. I just don't believe in his faith. :upeyes:

jay29
11-11-2012, 07:47
Though that is Christian doctrine, it never actually says that in the Bible. It's a made up interpretation.

What are you talking about? Just because the word TRINITY doesn't appear in the bible, doesn't mean the concept doesn't exist.

The Father sent His Son, Jesus, and Jesus took on flesh in the Incarnation. Jesus also prays to His Father, which again indicates two Persons. Later, Jesus promises to send the Paraclete/Counselor/Spirit of Truth which is the third Person of the Holy Trinity- different from the Father and the Son, but of the same substance.

Jesus also stated He witnessed Lucifer being thrown out of Heaven like a bolt of lightning.

The Holy Trinity has always existed.

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 08:51
What are you talking about? Just because the word TRINITY doesn't appear in the bible, doesn't mean the concept doesn't exist.

The Father sent His Son, Jesus, and Jesus took on flesh in the Incarnation. Jesus also prays to His Father, which again indicates two Persons. Later, Jesus promises to send the Paraclete/Counselor/Spirit of Truth which is the third Person of the Holy Trinity- different from the Father and the Son, but of the same substance.

Jesus also stated He witnessed Lucifer being thrown out of Heaven like a bolt of lightning.

The Holy Trinity has always existed.

I realize that that is what you and many other Christians believe and that it is doctrine, but it never actually says anything about the trinity existing. Even if I play the devil's advocate and say that they bible it accurate, it still never says that. It is more of an interpretation issue than a stated fact. In fact, look at the passages that you or one of your coleagues are going to post. It will be some round about interpretation of vague statements.

frizz
11-11-2012, 09:09

Barabbas the Thief would fit right in. The den of thieves in Washington would welcome him.

Diesel McBadass
11-11-2012, 09:31
Romney may have been liberal socially, and i dont care. I roll i alittle more libertarian/liberal on social issues and notice social issues are decided by the state mostly, what i like is fiscal coinservatives, smart money people who know how to balance budgets and cut spending. And romney had it. I like fiscal conservatives. Anyone who sat home and decided not to vote cause romney wasn't "conservative" enough is a tool. They just let obama waltz back in.

Keepreloading
11-11-2012, 09:35
In a nut shell. Romney is a God believer with Mormon teaching and raising. He has a code of ethics. Among them was fairness, truth, and strong civil and God given morals. It cost him an election because he would not call Obama what he is.

Obama, Has no morals, a cheat a proven liar, And avowed Muslim, and appeals to those who live like lives. And those will always be in the majority. Yet have the audacity to beg the same credentials of the Moral Americans.

There is NO Christian in America that can morally vote for OBAMA. YET, some have voted for him TWICE!

If you are not a God believer you have no Dog in this observation. Your comments are of course welcome. But why would you? You either suffer from bloated Ego or just need to be noticed.:upeyes:

:shocked: Wow you sound legitimately crazy, how old are you ? Do you have any children? I pray that you don't, this type of craziness needs to be culled out of the herd

Keepreloading
11-11-2012, 09:39
Maybe this does belong on the Religion board, but why do Christians quote the Bible as if it was some kind of Rule Book that all men are bound to follow? As a citizen of the United States, I am not bound by the definition of marriage found in Matthew or any of the other books of the Bible, or any other religious texts for that matter. I am bound by the law of the land.

It's great if you are Christian and want to believe those things, and live your life by them, but I am pretty sure that non-christians couldn't care a damn about what the Bible says. Therefore it seems that the Bible should rightly be used to justify and explain one's beliefs and positions in a group of likeminded people, but not in the context of a public discussion amongst Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Shinto, and yes, for that matter agnostics and athiests. Just my humble opinion. You can now commence the public flogging.

I wish there were a "like" button on this forum

frizz
11-11-2012, 11:42

Obama is an avowed Muslim? I though the nutballs called him a secret Muslim. Romney, who was pro-choice before he was pro-life, has a code of ethics?

Are you serious, or are you satirizing the moon-howlers?

jay29
11-11-2012, 11:51
I realize that that is what you and many other Christians believe and that it is doctrine, but it never actually says anything about the trinity existing. Even if I play the devil's advocate and say that they bible it accurate, it still never says that. It is more of an interpretation issue than a stated fact. In fact, look at the passages that you or one of your coleagues are going to post. It will be some round about interpretation of vague statements.

This seems pretty crystal clear to me:

John 17

Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
====

Speaks for itself. You don't have to mention the word Trinity for it to actually exist. The word BIBLE is not anywhere in the bible either.

frizz
11-11-2012, 11:51
He's not my enemy. I just don't believe in his faith. :upeyes:

Spare me the backpedaling. The contempt for Gandhi in your post is almost palpable.

jay29
11-11-2012, 11:53

Obama is an avowed Muslim? I though the nutballs called him a secret Muslim. Romney, who was pro-choice before he was pro-life, has a code of ethics?

Are you serious, or are you satirizing the moon-howlers?

I think Obama is a Muslim sympathizer and has shown more sensitivities to them than to other religious groups.

jay29
11-11-2012, 11:54
Spare me the backpedaling. The contempt for Gandhi in your post is almost palpable.

Haha. Whatever. I don't hate him, I dislike his faith. There is a difference. I love the sinner but hate the sin.

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 11:56
This seems pretty crystal clear to me:

John 17

Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
====

Speaks for itself. You don't have to mention the word Trinity for it to actually exist. The word BIBLE is not anywhere in the bible either.

See, you did exactly what I predicted. If you look at just that, it seems to suggest that Jesus and God are two different people and a third isn't even mentioned. I figured you'd make a better try than that.

jay29
11-11-2012, 12:00
See, you did exactly what I predicted. If you look at just that, it seems to suggest that Jesus and God are two different people and a third isn't even mentioned. I figured you'd make a better try than that.

You are not swift. I am taking baby steps with you. This came first before the promise of the Counselor (even though He has already existed before the creation of the world).

Let me guess...Jehovah Witness?

Dubble-Tapper
11-11-2012, 12:01
wow, there is all sorts of crazy in this thread. it kinda scares me that these people are gun owners. i sometimes think that believing in such an outlandish concept for the creation of life should bar you from owning firearms.

'crazy guy': "i talk to voices in my head, the voices shape the way i live my life. my dog talks to me. the world is going to end soon"

^ no guns for you, you are insane.

'religious person: "i talk to voices in my head, the voices shape the way i live my life, i believe that a man in the sky created all this in 6 days, let his son get tortured for what his creations did, and is constantly evaluating us as to whether we burn for eternity or sit comfy in the clouds"

^ you are a christian, buy all the guns you want.

i dont claim to know it all, but im a man of facts. ill believe it when i see it. If you need religion to give you a sense of morals, or simply need an explanation of the world in laymen terms, good for you. i can see science, i can see it in action. i have yet to see definitive proof. a book written thousands of years ago by people who didnt actually witness any of the occurrences isnt going to be my service manual for life.

I still am amazed that people actually interpret that book as legitimate occurrences. they quote it like its wiki or a medical journal. lmao. the people that wrote this think didnt even have the logical reasoning to explain the things they were seeing. talking snakes? yeah, makes sense.

M&P Shooter
11-11-2012, 12:03
"You're welcome, Big O. When are we gonna ban guns?"
Never

jay29
11-11-2012, 12:04
wow, there is all sorts of crazy in this thread. it kinda scares me that these people are gun owners. i sometimes think that believing in such an outlandish concept for the creation of life should bar you from owning firearms.

'crazy guy': "i talk to voices in my head, the voices shape the way i live my life. my dog talks to me. the world is going to end soon"

^ no guns for you, you are insane.

'religious person: "i talk to voices in my head, the voices shape the way i live my life, i believe that a man in the sky created all this in 6 days, let his son get tortured for what his creations did, and is constantly evaluating us as to whether we burn for eternity or sit comfy in the clouds"

^ you are a christian, buy all the guns you want.

i dont claim to know it all, but im a man of facts. ill believe it when i see it. If you need religion to give you a sense of morals, or simply need an explanation of the world in laymen terms, good for you. i can see science, i can see it in action. i have yet to see definitive proof. a book written thousands of years ago by people who didnt actually witness any of the occurrences isnt going to be my service manual for life.

Our very own glocktalk psychiatrist! :rofl::tongueout:

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 12:04
You are not swift. I am taking baby steps with you. This came first before the promise of the Counselor (even though He has already existed before the creation of the world).

I am not swift? What do you mean by that? Why don't you take a chance and post the real stuff and not worry about baby steps and see if you can find something that actually applies

Let me guess...Jehovah Witness?

You think I'm a JW? That's almost as funny as your ridiculous claims.

jay29
11-11-2012, 12:07
I am not swift? What do you mean by that? Why don't you take a chance and post the real stuff and not worry about baby steps and see if you can find something that actually applies

You think I'm a JW? That's almost as funny as your ridiculous claims.

:tongueout:Nothing I see...Off to check out the hunting land. Be back in 4 hours to teach another lesson. :cool:

Dubble-Tapper
11-11-2012, 12:17
:tongueout:Nothing I see...Off to check out the hunting land. Be back in 4 hours to teach another lesson. :cool:

:upeyes: your type are always so smug thinking they won a debate when in reality, you pretty much quoted nonsense and talked in circles. pretty typical :dunno:come back with some facts, not 2000 year old jibberish about what *might* have been thought by a guy that *might* have existed.

frizz
11-11-2012, 12:21
I think Obama is a Muslim sympathizer and has shown more sensitivities to them than to other religious groups.
Just curious... How do you compare him to Bush II?

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 12:24
:upeyes: your type are always so smug thinking they won a debate when in reality, you pretty much quoted nonsense and talked in circles. pretty typical :dunno:come back with some facts, not 2000 year old jibberish about what *might* have been thought by a guy that *might* have existed.

Where is the GT Like button! :)

frizz
11-11-2012, 12:25

Yeah. Gotta educate that Jehovah's Witness. Be sure to ring the doorbell when you get back.

:upeyes:

frizz
11-11-2012, 12:56

What did he have to say about abortion?

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 13:06
What did he have to say about abortion?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you

frizz
11-11-2012, 13:11
I know:

Gospel of Matthew:

Divorce

Chapter 10

Did you mean Matt. 19?

If you cannot get your scripture right, why should you be trusted on any religious argument?

frizz
11-11-2012, 13:13
Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you

This is about abortion?

Dubble-Tapper
11-11-2012, 13:26
This is about abortion?

the way some of these nuts interpret this stuff, it wouldnt surprise me that some think it does.

Halojumper
11-11-2012, 13:44
This is about abortion?

LOL, that's the whole point. You ask them a question and they post any old stuff they want. It often has nothing to do with what you asked or what they are claiming. (BTW, that's not ever a real quote, unless you count from the book of Jules). :)

Fox
11-11-2012, 14:17
Not true in a single state.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii294/disintegr8or2/gj.jpg

Add in the Ron Paul write-in ballots, add in the votes that went to the Constitution Party and various other small parties on the right. Then add in the three million conservative votes that abstained from voting because Romney was not pure enough.

Hef
11-11-2012, 14:26
I wouldn't vote for Jesus. He's never run a damn thing, and even his own people don't like him.

professorpinki
11-11-2012, 17:39

No, they wouldn't. If Christ were running for office He would rename the government "the Church" and impose tax rates of 100%, and complete income redistribution as He saw fit.

But He isn't running for office.

Things in this country aren't bipolar, as the two party system trains us to believe. Not even on each individual issue. Things are inherently complex, which is why parliamentary systems a la France and Germany show much higher voter turnout percentages (even in times of economic well being) and have multiple parties, each bringing some different viewpoint and set of ideas to the table.

professorpinki
11-11-2012, 17:39
Add in the Ron Paul write-in ballots, add in the votes that went to the Constitution Party and various other small parties on the right. Then add in the three million conservative votes that abstained from voting because Romney was not pure enough.
And what of the Greenies?

JuneyBooney
11-11-2012, 22:04

That is how MSNBC viewers act. :rofl: Always talking in circles.

JuneyBooney
11-11-2012, 22:06
And what of the Greenies?

I really don't know what in the heck went on with the election. Romney was a good guy from what I saw. Between the voters who did not vote and the hacked liberals stealing the votes I don't think Romney had a chance.