What America Needs To Wake Up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What America Needs To Wake Up

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:19
I emigrated from my country in Eastern Europe and crossed the Atlantic Ocean to run away from communism.
Last night I came to realize I didn't ran far enough. Communism is about to take over America with the full acceptance of half of the American people.

Maybe the American people need to experience communism themselves in order to realize their mistake. Maybe they need to see how it is when you have food rations, gasoline rations, toilet paper and detergent rations.

Maybe they need to see how living in a country where soap, shampoo, coffee, salami, cigarettes and whiskey are considered luxury items for the use of the upper political class only, and where those items (obtained exclusively on the black market) can buy you a place ahead the line when you need a doctor visit for your father, heart medication for your mother or baby formula for your child.

Maybe they need to experience the waiting in line for 16 hours in a front of a grocery store to buy a malnourished chicken, or a bottle of cooking oil, a carton of eggs, or a pound of sugar, or a bottle of cooking propane - and when you're almost in the front of the line to be told they're sold out.

Maybe they need to sleep in their beds fully dressed up and wearing wool hats and gloves because they have no fuel to heat their homes.

Maybe they need to have their kids doing their homework at candle light because the electricity is shut down 22 hours a day out of 24.

Maybe they need to learn how to have their families share the the rationed hot water and have the entire family take their shower during the single hour of the week when the hot water runs. And if possible do their laundry in the same time.

Maybe they need to have their friends writing informative notes on them and have their telephones and homes under surveillance; and have their fathers, brothers or sisters arrested deported or "disappeared" because of a joke they made about the leadership of the ruling Party.

Maybe America needs to experience the communist paradise I experienced myself in order to wake the 'fk up.
I know I did.

That's all I have to say today.

http://www.bibleartbooks.com/img/society/og_society_communist_america.gif (http://www.bibleartbooks.com/img/society/og_society_communist_america.gif)
http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2012/11/sad-day-for-america.html
(http://commieblaster.com/images/home/EnjoyCommunism.jpg)

Rabbi
11-07-2012, 18:24
You say very valuable words. I come from a long line of Russian peasants and my wife is(was) one.

However, the course wont change until some people on the right stop worrying about who sleeps with who or who smokes what(and a number of other things). Such thinking is also damned well oppressive.

arclight610
11-07-2012, 18:24
Are you the man in all those Youtube ads?

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:26
P.S.
F.U. Obama voters.

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:31
Are you the man in all those Youtube ads?

I believe you are talking about the businessman of Hungarian origin who paid for the anti-Obama ads.
No, I am not that guy. I am from Romania and in my country communism was so bad that we were dreaming of having the living standards of the Hungarians.

FLIPPER 348
11-07-2012, 18:32
nice hate

I proudly voted for Obama, twice.

PS- http://www.barackobama.com/veterans?source=primary-nav

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:35
nice hate

What I just said in my previous post (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19605390&postcount=4).

Restless28
11-07-2012, 18:36
What I just said in my previous post.

Plus 1.

camelotkid
11-07-2012, 18:37
stay classy comrade:whistling:

FLIPPER 348
11-07-2012, 18:38

What, more childish ranting & raving??

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:41
stay classy comrade:whistling:

In communism, classy people usually end up dead or in gulags.

fnfalman
11-07-2012, 18:43
I, too, came from a communist country.

However, consider that even the commies themselves are opportunistic capitalists, I don't think America has much to worry about.

mrmedina
11-07-2012, 18:49
nice hate

I tried to do everything right, military service ('80s), LEO(no longer), went into aviation and started over as a different career than public safety. brought up a daughter as a divorced dad. Yet with I feel cheated of with your choice of a president(twice). Cheated in a sense of there is no future for my daughter, with the weight of debt and taxes. Thanks for voting.:wavey:

Zombie Surgeon
11-07-2012, 18:50
I, too, came from a communist country.

However, consider that even the commies themselves are opportunistic capitalists, I don't think America has much to worry about.

Obama is an ideologue. He is no ordinary opportunistic communist, he is what we used to call a"true believer". The kind of person who filled informative notes on his own parents if he believed they were enemies of the Party.
Trust me, I know one when I see one.

FLIPPER 348
11-07-2012, 18:52
I feel cheated of with your choice of a president(twice). Thanks for voting.:wavey:

You are quite welcome. I'm sorry my freedom got in your way. Hey, instead of a pathetic sob story why not sack-up and quit with the drama queen stuff.

Reissman
11-07-2012, 18:55
I emigrated from my country in Eastern Europe and crossed the Atlantic Ocean to run away from communism.
Last night I came to realize I didn't ran far enough. Communism is about to take over America with the full acceptance of half of the American people.

Maybe the American people need to experience communism themselves in order to realize their mistake. Maybe they need to see how it is when you have food rations, gasoline rations, toilet paper and detergent rations.

Maybe they need to see how living in a country where soap, shampoo, coffee, salami, cigarettes and whiskey are considered luxury items for the use of the upper political class only, and where those items (obtained exclusively on the black market) can buy you a place ahead the line when you need a doctor visit for your father, heart medication for your mother or baby formula for your child.

Maybe they need to experience the waiting in line for 16 hours in a front of a grocery store to buy a malnourished chicken, or a bottle of cooking oil, a carton of eggs, or a pound of sugar, or a bottle of cooking propane - and when you're almost in the front of the line to be told they're sold out.

Maybe they need to sleep in their beds fully dressed up and wearing wool hats and gloves because they have no fuel to heat their homes.

Maybe they need to have their kids doing their homework at candle light because the electricity is shut down 22 hours a day out of 24.

Maybe they need to learn how to have their families share the the rationed hot water and have the entire family take their shower during the single hour of the week when the hot water runs. And if possible do their laundry in the same time.

Maybe they need to have their friends writing informative notes on them and have their telephones and homes under surveillance; and have their fathers, brothers or sisters arrested deported or "disappeared" because of a joke they made about the leadership of the ruling Party.

Maybe America needs to experience the communist paradise I experienced myself in order to wake the 'fk up.
I know I did.

That's all I have to say today.

http://www.bibleartbooks.com/img/society/og_society_communist_america.gif (http://www.bibleartbooks.com/img/society/og_society_communist_america.gif)
http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2012/11/sad-day-for-america.html
(http://commieblaster.com/images/home/EnjoyCommunism.jpg)

I recently returned from a trip to Latvia. While there I visited the Occupy museum in downtown Riga. It is a historical display of the Russian and Nazi occupation of Latvia. I have a new respect for my freedom. I spent a week with a Latvian Major who was conscripted into the Russian Army when he was 18. He said in a broken english to me "yeah, the Russians talked about how great they were and powerful and I used to think if its so great where is there no bread in the store ******* communism!"

Thanks for posting.

.264 magnum
11-07-2012, 18:55
You say very valuable words. I come from a long line of Russian peasants and my wife is(was) one.

However, the course wont change until some people on the right stop worrying about who sleeps with who or who smokes what(and a number of other things). Such thinking is also damned well oppressive.

I'd argue Marx would prefer to control the economy over controlling the other things.

Rabbi
11-07-2012, 18:56
I tried to do everything right, military service ('80s), LEO(no longer), went into aviation and started over as a different career than public safety. brought up a daughter as a divorced dad. Yet with I feel cheated of with your choice of a president(twice). Cheated in a sense of there is no future for my daughter, with the weight of debt and taxes. Thanks for voting.:wavey:

You did the right things but your daughter will have to fight her own way through life just as she would have if things were your way politically. Making it to the top is never easy and most people dont. (it cant work any other way, that is simple math) but she damned well still has a chance at being in the middle.

Even if today it seems a little harder and it may very well be but it is still easier than it was 50 years ago, 100 years ago (pick your time) and than most any other place EVER.

So to be blunt, even if the odds have changed, they are still the best odds. I would hold on to that blessing instead of bitterness. That doesnt mean to stop fighting, you fight. You fight hard, we all should but the world has not come to an end yet.

devildog2067
11-07-2012, 18:59

If you really came from a Communist country, you know that what we have here in America is nothing even remotely close.

Our nation will survive four years of Obama just fine. Honestly, I doubt a Republican president would have been willing to do the things we would have to do to fix the budget mess that we're in either.

.264 magnum
11-07-2012, 18:59
What, more childish ranting & raving??

Stop it Flipper. For years you have been ,more or less, the biggest jerk on the boards.

Rabbi
11-07-2012, 19:02
I'd argue Marx would prefer to control the economy over controlling the other things.

I dont disagree but lets put a "gotcha" fact on the table.

The Dems want control of the economy but in order to maintain that control must let more people be "free"

The Republicans want control of the economy as well....and they are the ones who would use that control to oppress certain groups.

It is real hard to get past that truth and to my whole point, this is how a lot of people see the Republican party and wont vote for them because of it.

I (and I say this in tears) just cant understand what is so hard to understand about this for so many people on the Right.

Glock20 10mm
11-07-2012, 19:02
Short of armed rebellion there is no changing course now.

devildog2067
11-07-2012, 19:04

Yeah, there is. It's called the next presidential election.

Come on, folks. The President, quite frankly, doesn't have as much power as you all seem to think he does. This country will survive four more years of Obama.

Rabbi
11-07-2012, 19:05
If you really came from a Communist country, you know that what we have here in America is nothing even remotely close.

Our nation will survive four years of Obama just fine. Honestly, I doubt a Republican president would have been willing to do the things we would have to do to fix the budget mess that we're in either.

Oh, you are probably right but Oh.....OH!!!....how I would have liked to give it a try. At the very least, someone to manage the decay a little better. At best I only need another 60ish years. I would like to spend as much of those (however long I have left) learning and seeking adventure and as little time fighting for the now and the future. :supergrin:

camelotkid
11-07-2012, 19:05
Stop it Flipper. For years you have been ,more or less, the biggest jerk on the boards.
umm no way not even close

Rabbi
11-07-2012, 19:07

Of course there is. That doesnt mean we will but we do have gridlock. That means (I hope) that there will not only be no change (for at least 2 years) but no course to navigate.

Things will change. As a matter of fact, I guarantee there will be change. Somethings will get better. Some things will get worse. I dont know which things will do what or in what volume.

OctoberRust
11-07-2012, 19:08
Yeah, there is. It's called the next presidential election.

Come on, folks. The President, quite frankly, doesn't have as much power as you all seem to think he does. This country will survive four more years of Obama.

executive orders?

Kozel
11-07-2012, 19:11
Another immigrant from behind the iron curtain here.

Do not be delusional. Americans WILL NOT WAKE UP. It just will not happen.

Americans think that they are so much better and smarter then average Soviet. But they are just as brainwashed by media. On top of that they are so overwhelmed by massive amounts of entertainment, sports that they simply do not even have time to think.

The only time Americans will “wake up” is when there is no game on TV and no beer in the fridge. Needless to say it will be too late by then.

Phaze5ive
11-07-2012, 19:11
Sad story, bro. I'm sorry that other people's rights went against your interest and that this country didn't work out for you. Hope you find a new country to emigrate to soon.

:wavey:

Booker
11-07-2012, 19:20
Crap, I thought the OP was talking about New Jersey!

Mrs. VR
11-07-2012, 19:20
Ok, listen guys, we understand the need to blow off steam, and are ( obviously) relaxing things a bit here for the next few days, but personal insults, and oh, little things like calling for armed rebellion are still not gonna fly. Thanks.