Pot is legal in AZ and WA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pot is legal in AZ and WA

RustyFN
11-07-2012, 18:21
I hope you are all ready for the CA hippies to all move there. :rofl:

countrygun
11-07-2012, 18:41
I think it was Colorado not Az and what does it have to do with reloading?

Great more stoners like this

DoctaGlockta
11-07-2012, 18:45
He might be talking about lead pots?

Colorado4Wheel
11-08-2012, 08:39
It's still a Federal Crime. So the taxes we voted to take on the legal sale of Pot could be seized by the federal government as Drug Profits.

eb07
11-08-2012, 09:23
CO not AZ

RustyFN
11-08-2012, 15:50

Yes Colorado my mistake. Either way something is getting loaded. :rofl:

shotgunred
11-08-2012, 15:54
Did you guys approve gay marriage also?

I am ashamed to live here.

DustyJacket
11-08-2012, 15:59
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552180_551361431559981_1232042279_n.jpg

Zombie Steve
11-08-2012, 16:46
Umm..... what, brah?

zippyhuntin
11-08-2012, 16:51
It's still a Federal Crime. So the taxes we voted to take on the legal sale of Pot could be seized by the federal government as Drug Profits.

Maybe I misheard, or didn't hear all of it, I thought it was legal to have up to 1oz. in your possession, but not legal to sell it.

bush pilot
11-08-2012, 17:24
Did you guys approve gay marriage also?

I am ashamed to live here.

And when Inslee wins we'll have the perfect trifecta of liberalism :steamed: Just remember, it was your side that pushed this crap.

Zombie Steve
11-08-2012, 21:53
Maybe I misheard, or didn't hear all of it, I thought it was legal to have up to 1oz. in your possession, but not legal to sell it.

Been medical mary jane "wellness centers" here for years. I think if you get heartburn on occasion they have a quack doctor that will write you a script.

BicycleDay43
11-08-2012, 22:01
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552180_551361431559981_1232042279_n.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

The sad part is people really do get that butt hurt about those two things.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

CanMan
11-08-2012, 22:34
:rofl: :rofl:

The sad part is people really do get that butt hurt about those two things.

True that!
One could speculate that THC has analgesic effects. Puns intended.
Strange days, indeed.

CanMan
11-08-2012, 22:39
And when Inslee wins we'll have the perfect trifecta of liberalism :steamed: Just remember, it was your side that pushed this crap.

It's really McGinn's fault. I hope that dope smokin' bicycle ridin' fool rides his recumbent off the new seawall right into the Sound!

countrygun
11-08-2012, 22:56
Welcome to "Harold and Kumar roll some ammo"

:whistling:

zippyhuntin
11-09-2012, 05:36
Been medical mary jane "wellness centers" here for years.

Thanks.

Three-Five-Seven
11-09-2012, 08:16
Doesn't this forum have a Moderator?????

Zombie Steve
11-09-2012, 08:18
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2135&dateline=1230302209

Colorado4Wheel
11-09-2012, 09:21
Doesn't this forum have a Moderator?????

Moderation is boring.

unclebob
11-09-2012, 09:34
I knew 13 people that are died because of the possibility on one person that like to smoke pot before the mission.
If two gays what to have a civil union? Fine, just donít call it a marriage. To me that is between a man and a woman. And donít think you should have any more special rights just because you are gay.
Just wonder what kind of gun laws or taxes Obama is going to come up with? Reloading and shooting just might be something people remembered in the good old days. Just know it isnít going to be good.

WiskyT
11-09-2012, 16:23
What are all the stoners and gays going to complain about now that they have everything they ever wanted? I'm sure the pinkos at the DNC will think of something that they never thought of but have wanted all of their lives.

SpringerTGO
11-09-2012, 16:45
Exactly what your opinions about pot and gay marriage have to do with a reloading section on a gun forum are confusing.
I'd bet there are lots of gun owners who are gay, smoke pot, or are gay and smoke pot. Apparently these people, along with any number of other groups that could be pro gun, vote.
Keep attacking everyone who doesn't share your "values" and we will keep getting the presidential election results we just got.

dkf
11-09-2012, 16:50
Been medical mary jane "wellness centers" here for years. I think if you get heartburn on occasion they have a quack doctor that will write you a script.

That seems to be the same deal in Cali also. I stumble across the dispensary shows in Cali when flipping through the channels every now and then and watch. Quack doctors indeed. Well unless being a farginn loser is a medical condition.:rofl:

Exactly what your opinions about pot and gay marriage have to do with a reloading section on a gun forum are confusing.

1/2oz of pot to 1lb of Unique makes it burn faster with purty colors.

countrygun
11-09-2012, 17:13
I'd bet there are lots of gun owners who are gay, smoke pot, or are gay and smoke pot. Apparently these people, along with any number of other groups that could be pro gun, vote.
Keep attacking everyone who doesn't share your "values" and we will keep getting the presidential election results we just got.

Doesn't much matter the liberal gay, dopers are driving the bus of the cliff anyway.

WiskyT
11-09-2012, 17:27
Doesn't much matter the liberal gay, dopers are driving the bus of the cliff anyway.

Zactly. And the best part is, now that we are the minority, we can be as irresponsible as we want and not get blamed for anything. The market is dropping, soon people will have to wait a week for a Dr appointment, the Iranians are firing on our aircraft over international waters, and all we have to do is to say "You'd better do something about it".

I'm actually thinking about smoking some weed, failing the pee test at work, and getting an EBT card. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. When the Iranians shut the Straight of Hormuz, I'm gonna smoke a doobie and laugh at all the people waiting in line to buy $8.00 gas just to go to work.

One question, if I smoke weed, do I have to listen to that vomitous Dave Matthews crap?

RustyFN
11-09-2012, 17:59
One question, if I smoke weed, do I have to listen to that vomitous Dave Matthews crap?

No but my best advice is to go buy all your munchies and drink before you smoke.

WiskyT
11-09-2012, 18:10
No but my best advice is to go buy all your munchies and drink before you smoke.

Cool, I forgot about the munchies thing. There's an added benefit there. I'll get a lawyer and get me some of that ADA lawsuit money since obesity is a disability.

unclebob
11-09-2012, 18:11

How dumb of me. Gay rights, smoking dope, abortion, Government paying for birth control pills, In that the President has no control over is more important than people having a job and not running this country into the ground. What was I ever thinking of not voting for Obama.
In the next four years let’s just hope that we still can reload and go shooting or be able to afford to do those things.
Forgot to add gun control to that list.

countrygun
11-09-2012, 19:30
Zactly. And the best part is, now that we are the minority, we can be as irresponsible as we want and not get blamed for anything. The market is dropping, soon people will have to wait a week for a Dr appointment, the Iranians are firing on our aircraft over international waters, and all we have to do is to say "You'd better do something about it".

I'm actually thinking about smoking some weed, failing the pee test at work, and getting an EBT card. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. When the Iranians shut the Straight of Hormuz, I'm gonna smoke a doobie and laugh at all the people waiting in line to buy $8.00 gas just to go to work.

Yup. I retired at 50 and now, after three years I was looking at a commercial shop I bought as a "personal" shop (a big boy garage workshop) I was thinking about listening to the people who have been telling me I should start another business and hire a couple of people, but I say "to heck with it". There is nothing in it for me anymore. Somebody who voted for Obama can create the jobs and pay the taxes and such. I just feel all "deincentivised" and don't want that heavy stuff harshing my mellow.

dkf
11-09-2012, 20:34
How dumb of me. Gay rights, smoking dope, abortion, Government paying for birth control pills, In that the President has no control over is more important than people having a job and not running this country into the ground. What was I ever thinking of not voting for Obama.
In the next four years let’s just hope that we still can reload and go shooting or be able to afford to do those things.
Forgot to add gun control to that list.

For the people who vote for Obama, birth control is actually a a good idea. Helps to keep them from reproducing and spreading the disease.

countrygun
11-09-2012, 20:40
For the people who vote for Obama, birth control is actually a a good idea. Helps to keep them from reproducing and spreading the disease.

Yah but the problem with the way they define abortion, there is a cut-off date and no retroactivity.

unclebob
11-09-2012, 20:57

But how do you expect them to get more money for welfare for all the kids. And food stamps, housing etc.?
Democrats were running TV ads in Mexico on how to apply for food stamps when they come to the US.

dkf
11-09-2012, 21:19
But how do you expect them to get more money for welfare for all the kids. And food stamps, housing etc.?
Democrats were running TV ads in Mexico on how to apply for food stamps when they come to the US.

Wait one damn minute. There are TVs in Mexico?

I kid but really this is what you can expect from the far left dems. The thing is the "Bluedog" more conservative dems seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth and we are stuck with the left extreme.

freakshow10mm
11-10-2012, 14:54
Yup and that also makes them ineligible for firearms purchases, since they are an unlawful user of marijuana under federal law. Answering No to that question on the 4473 is lying on a federal document.

WiskyT
11-10-2012, 15:10
Yup and that also makes them ineligible for firearms purchases, since they are an unlawful user of marijuana under federal law. Answering No to that question on the 4473 is lying on a federal document.

Using MJ may not be illegal under Fed law. I don't know one way or the other. It certainly wouldn't be illegal under CO or WA law at this point.

ETA: Possession of MJ is illegal under Fed law. The spirit of the law would have a common sense person thinking it is impossible to "use" it without possessing it. Law doesn't always follow common sense, especially when you consider that lawyers get involved with it. I'm sure a person who would argue that a tree falling in the forest makes no sound if nobody hears it would argue that it is possible to "use" it and not actually be possessing any of it.

shotgunred
11-10-2012, 22:52
Starting on December 6 my wife can legally have up to 1 oz of pot for personal use. My job falls under federal jurisdiction it would still be illegal for me.

I wonder how many people are going to use and then find they are ineligible for a job because of the differences between state and federal laws?

NMG26
11-10-2012, 22:59
Starting on December 6 my wife can legally have up to 1 oz of pot for personal use. My job falls under federal jurisdiction it would still be illegal for me.

I wonder how many people are going to use and then find they are ineligible for a job because of the differences between state and federal laws?

Even if it is legal, industry will still fire you for it. It will take a long time for it to be ok to have THC in your system as a factory worker.

hogfish
11-11-2012, 04:14
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2135&dateline=1230302209

Yep! :rofl:

WiskyT
11-11-2012, 06:07

Even the office workers in my plant have to pee in the cup due to company policy. I doubt any company short of a wholistic food market will let their employees test + for any drug in the near future.

The next "Rights" issue for these people will be to declare MJ use a disability and then demand "resonable accommodations" under the ADA.

Colorado4Wheel
11-11-2012, 06:24
Using MJ may not be illegal under Fed law. I don't know one way or the other. It certainly wouldn't be illegal under CO or WA law at this point.

ETA: Possession of MJ is illegal under Fed law. The spirit of the law would have a common sense person thinking it is impossible to "use" it without possessing it. Law doesn't always follow common sense, especially when you consider that lawyers get involved with it. I'm sure a person who would argue that a tree falling in the forest makes no sound if nobody hears it would argue that it is possible to "use" it and not actually be possessing any of it.

It's not legal here yet. They are supposed to first d a way to make it legal.

Dave.1
11-11-2012, 08:16
I hope you are all ready for the CA hippies to all move there. :rofl:

They already moved here in the '90s and screwed up the real estate prices.

Dave

freakshow10mm
11-11-2012, 09:27

http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/ATFOpenLetter092111.pdf

No firearms or ammunition.

scattershot
11-11-2012, 14:48
I guess it's official. We are a nation of Communist stoners, now. God help the republic.

cajun_chooter
11-11-2012, 15:13
makes perfect sense doesn't it ? out law guns.. & legalize dope.. :whistling:

WiskyT
11-11-2012, 16:38
http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/ATFOpenLetter092111.pdf

No firearms or ammunition.

Wow! Something from the feds that's actually clear. You are correct, any use is "illegal" and therefore a prohibition on gun purchasing.

freakshow10mm
11-11-2012, 17:12
Wow! Something from the feds that's actually clear. You are correct, any use is "illegal" and therefore a prohibition on gun purchasing.
When Michigan passed their medical marijuana law, the ATF fired off emails, phone calls, and letters to the MI FFLs alerting them of this issue.

bush pilot
11-11-2012, 17:34

I posted a question about reloading on the gay and pot forums here on GT, they weren't much help.

SARDG
11-11-2012, 18:36
I posted a question about reloading on the gay and pot forums here on GT, they weren't much help.
:rofl: :wavey:

joie77
11-12-2012, 01:10
yes come to Washington state you can smoke pot and marry your gay partner now is this a great state or what when the libs get done we will have no guns but we can smoke pot and marry anyone we want go figure is this country going down the tube or what ?

RSJJTJ
11-12-2012, 11:57
*sigh* so many thoughtless and ignorant responses. First why do any of you care what any other individual does is his or her own free time/space? I am a 26yr old white male with a wife, 2 kids, house and cars. I have 2 bachelors degrees, private pilots license, certified dive masters certificate and own firearms. So after going to work, doing errands and raising my kid please tell me what's so different between me smoking a joint to relax versus you getting fall down piss yourself drunk? Do you want to know what happens when ya smoke? You smile, laugh and talk more. Those of you that feel pot leads to crime obviously don't get it. 92% of Americans over the age of 18 have tried pot. Some asshat gets busted robbing some place and has weed on him so everyone assumes weed made him do it. None of you ignorant people stop to think "hey, maybe this guy was always just a bad guy who happened to have pot on him". So there ya go, an opposing view point for some of you to tear down

Clutch Cargo
11-12-2012, 12:10

:supergrin::cool::supergrin:

Clutch Cargo
11-12-2012, 12:19
Cool, I forgot about the munchies thing. There's an added benefit there. I'll get a lawyer and get me some of that ADA lawsuit money since obesity is a disability.

Drug addiction is a disability as is alcoholism.

RustyFN
11-12-2012, 14:03
*sigh* so many thoughtless and ignorant responses. First why do any of you care what any other individual does is his or her own free time/space? I am a 26yr old white male with a wife, 2 kids, house and cars. I have 2 bachelors degrees, private pilots license, certified dive masters certificate and own firearms. So after going to work, doing errands and raising my kid please tell me what's so different between me smoking a joint to relax versus you getting fall down piss yourself drunk? Do you want to know what happens when ya smoke? You smile, laugh and talk more. Those of you that feel pot leads to crime obviously don't get it. 92% of Americans over the age of 18 have tried pot. Some asshat gets busted robbing some place and has weed on him so everyone assumes weed made him do it. None of you ignorant people stop to think "hey, maybe this guy was always just a bad guy who happened to have pot on him". So there ya go, an opposing view point for some of you to tear down

I don't mind the pot smoking. I don't do it any longer and haven't for a long time but I also view it the same alcohol. If they would make it legal in every state then it wouldn't be worth as much money and the smuggling might stop. I started the thread to give my friends that live in those states a ribbing.

unclebob
11-12-2012, 14:31
So that means when you purchase a firearm and fill out form 4473 when you answer E on the form I will presume you answer No for that question. So you have just now committed a felony. Then turn around and brag about it on an open forum?:headscratch:

SARDG
11-12-2012, 14:36
So that means when you purchase a firearm and fill out form 4473 when you answer E on the form I will presume you answer No for that question. So you have just now committed a felony. Then turn around and brag about it on an open forum?:headscratch:
I think RSJJTJ was suggesting a hypothetical from stories he'd heard about its use. :)

WiskyT
11-12-2012, 14:51

Why stop at weed? How about a little heroine while you're at it. After all, if you get stoned and have to care for your children, it's none of my business is it?

I love the Libertarian side of things. It's like they stopped maturing at 16. It's nobody's business what anybody else does. Just as long as the everybody pays to pick up the pieces when the free-spirit guy falls on his face or his child drowns in the bathtub while he was stoned.

The State has no business telling anybody what to do. It's like my old Sgt. used to say "Why have lines on the road?" Who is anybody else to tell another person what side of the road to drive on.

So your 26 and you burn one now and then. It sounds like you've really racked up a lot of time on this Earth. What people don't see is how a stoner looks down the road. I saw it. I have pulled over people 20 years after I saw them in high school and they were a mess. Free spirits, smoking weed, doing mescaline and peyote, and they were burned out. They were non-productive oxygen thieves.

So, let's have legalized recreational opiates, three party marriages, marriages between adults and children, marriages between adults and animals, it's nobody elses' business. Let's just keep lowering the standards so we can be a bunch of stoned perverts waiting to be conquered by the very sober, very determined sharia fans. Then we'll be as able to defend ourselves as Belgium or Holland.

BTW, Holland has a terrible organized crime problem even though it has effectively legalized prostitution and drugs for a long time. So much for putting the cartels out of business.

countrygun
11-12-2012, 14:51

You just made good case for the argument that weed affects judgement. Robbery and possession while comitting the robbery, are not the signs of a sharply functioning mind.

Dave.1
11-12-2012, 15:04
I think one of the biggest problems they're struggling with her in CO, other than how to tax, is how to measure intoxication.

Lets face it, if drinking a cup of coffee can make you a distracted driver, so can smoking pot.

When we first voted on the medical mj bill a few years ago, most of us figured they had a way to dispense thru official channels to help people that were in pain. They didn't, and judging by what's going on here now at the Capitol, this one wasn't thought out very well either.

Dave

countrygun
11-12-2012, 15:47

Lets see, "Thoughtless and ignorant".

Hmm, a pilot?

Look at the FAR regs

Sec. 61.15 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.

(a) A conviction for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the growing, processing, manufacture, sale, disposition, possession, transportation, or importation of narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant or stimulant drugs or substances is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for any certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of any certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part.

(b) Committing an act prohibited by Sec. 91.17(a) or Sec. 91.19(a) of this chapter is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part for a period of up to 1 year after the date of that act; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of any certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part.

(c) For the purposes of paragraphs (d), (e), and (f) of this section, a motor vehicle action means:

(1) A conviction after November 29, 1990, for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated by alcohol or a drug, while impaired by alcohol or a drug, or while under the influence of alcohol or a drug;

The there is the well known box you check on the forms when you buy a firearm.

Yes, getting on an internet website and bragging that you break those rules/laws is definitely not very "Thoughtless and ignorant":upeyes:

Of course we all know there is very little chance it will cause you a problem if you don't get caught, but is that a good justification for breaking the law, "I will probably never get caught"? By that standard nobody has to obey any law if they don't think they will get caught.

Whether or not it is eventually legalized it is not a good thing to tolerate a casual attitude towards breaking the law. After all you are not just violating laws about weed but it then moves to the other laws and regulations. It is very rarely one law that gets broken when intoxicants are involved. By their nature all of them lower inhibitions.

Any intoxicant can be abused (and where the line between use and abuse is, who knows) but do we really have to make it easier for abusers to become useless drains on society?

freakshow10mm
11-13-2012, 00:35
*sigh* so many thoughtless and ignorant responses. First why do any of you care what any other individual does is his or her own free time/space?
I really don't for the most part.

I am a 26yr old white male with a wife, 2 kids, house and cars. I have 2 bachelors degrees, private pilots license, certified dive masters certificate and own firearms. So after going to work, doing errands and raising my kid please tell me what's so different between me smoking a joint to relax versus you getting fall down piss yourself drunk?
31yo with a 6yo son and 17mo daughter, house, 4 vehicles, business I started at 25yo. I don't get falling down piss yourself drunk. That's just lack of self control.

Do you want to know what happens when ya smoke? You smile, laugh and talk more.
Tell ya what, kid, I've smoked more weed than you've seen. I've sold more weed than you've touched. I've been in situations with that lifestyle you can't imagine. I've done a lot more than "smile, laugh, and talk". I've seen more blood in real life than I've seen in the movies.

You've got kids. It's past the time for you to grow up. Your wife is no help, she's an enabler. See where this is going? Your actions aren't just affecting you, they're affecting everyone in your family. America's banning of marijuana started with the attempt to control Mexican immigrants, but in today's society it's led to other things and other reasons. You're oblivious to them. Typical.

Those of you that feel pot leads to crime obviously don't get it.
Many of those are police officers that deal with it every single day.

92% of Americans over the age of 18 have tried pot.
Got a credible source for that or are you just speculating?

Some asshat gets busted robbing some place and has weed on him so everyone assumes weed made him do it. None of you ignorant people stop to think "hey, maybe this guy was always just a bad guy who happened to have pot on him". So there ya go, an opposing view point for some of you to tear down
Robbing someone or some place is common to get money to buy drugs.

Don't be so quick to label people as ignorant when they're the people with the finger on the pulse.