Range Report : LWD Barrel in 45ACP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range Report : LWD Barrel in 45ACP

DoctaGlockta
11-07-2012, 19:44
Finally made it to the range with my G30SF and new LWD threaded barrel.

Only had time for about 50 rounds but all fed flawlessly with my 45acp reloads.

Good experience so far. And dare I say that it seemed more accurate than my stock barrel.

Not sure if I have the 'Glock Hole' or not as I didn't ask for it.

Colorado4Wheel
11-07-2012, 21:22
I still won't buy one of the their mystery country barrels.

Zombie Steve
11-07-2012, 22:20
What was the load? I could tune something to work in my LW barrel, but it was very different than the load that worked in my Sig and 1911's.

PrecisionRifleman
11-07-2012, 22:39
No problems from my 6.02" 10mm barrel. LWD sale good barrels at a good price. I'm glad you like yours! :)

ilgunguygt
11-08-2012, 00:54
Yep, they are great as long as you dont want to shoot lead bullets or deal with the owner.

Idaho Spud
11-08-2012, 02:45
Yep, they are great as long as you dont want to shoot lead bullets or deal with the owner.
Yeah, the guy asked me to test the GT Hole in a G23 with my cast boolits, and then when I got done, he gave me the barrel. What a jerk.

BTW, see full range report on this forum.

DoctaGlockta
11-08-2012, 07:43
What was the load? I could tune something to work in my LW barrel, but it was very different than the load that worked in my Sig and 1911's.

My regular plain Jane load of 5.9 grains of Wonder Powder with a 230 grain MBC LRN. Mixed brass.

Loaded on an LNL-AP.

Colorado4Wheel
11-08-2012, 09:06
Yeah, the guy asked me to test the GT Hole in a G23 with my cast boolits, and then when I got done, he gave me the barrel. What a jerk.

BTW, see full range report on this forum.

He acted like a jerk so he tried to create some good will through people like you. It makes perfect sense to me.

Idaho Spud
11-08-2012, 10:52
He acted like a jerk so he tried to create some good will through people like you. It makes perfect sense to me.
If you haven't done so, check out the review I did of the GT Hole barrel and maybe some of your concerns about cast lead/LWD barrels wil be alleviated. If you really care, that is.

Colorado4Wheel
11-08-2012, 11:33
I have no concerns. I will not buy that product. I prefer KKM. I have owned both.

Idaho Spud
11-08-2012, 12:59
I have no concerns. I will not buy that product. I prefer KKM. I have owned both.

Yeah, I knew "concern" was the wrong word when I typed it. I should have said "complaint", but was trying to be delicate.

Zombie Steve
11-08-2012, 13:49
My regular plain Jane load of 5.9 grains of Wonder Powder with a 230 grain MBC LRN. Mixed brass.

Loaded on an LNL-AP.

I suppose I was more curious as to how short you'd have to load it...

Colorado4Wheel
11-08-2012, 13:59
I don't really have a complaint either. My LW barrel worked fine for me. I sold it to someone and he couldn't get it to run. I use a Lee sizing die, he used a Dillon. The barrel was OK. Ugly but serviceable. Lugs seemed oversized which I am not a fan of. I have seen reports of aftermarket barrels having miss shaped lugs and then breaking locking blocks. KKM seems more right to me in that regard. We are talking about a Glock. Mine shoots 2.5 inch groups of 10 rds at 25 yds with one flyer bring it to 4inch's. That is with my KKM barrel. FREESTYLE. Can't expect better IMHO. I dislike his attitude a great deal. Him giving you a free barrel doesn't change that a bit. I think he makes a solid "C" grade product. Plenty good for most people (honestly most people are Far Far better of with the stock barrel). But if you want a barrel for lead (not that you need it in every case) I would get a KKM or Storm Lake.

Idaho Spud
11-08-2012, 14:05
I don't really have a complaint either. My LW barrel worked fine for me. I sold it to someone and he couldn't get it to run. I use a Lee sizing die, he used a Dillon. The barrel was OK. Ugly but serviceable. Lugs seemed oversized which I am not a fan of. I have seen reports of aftermarket barrels having miss shaped lugs and then breaking locking blocks. KKM seems more right to me in that regard. We are talking about a Glock. Mine shoots 2.5 inch groups of 10 rds at 25 yds with one flyer bring it to 4inch's. That is with my KKM barrel. FREESTYLE. Can't expect better IMHO. I dislike his attitude a great deal. Him giving you a free barrel doesn't change that a bit. I think he makes a solid "C" grade product. Plenty good for most people (honestly most people are Far Far better of with the stock barrel). But if you want a barrel for lead (not that you need it in every case) I would get a KKM or Storm Lake. I'm gonna to give you the last word, my Friend, the Wells Fargo Wagon just arrived with my 1851 Navy and I'm gonna go play.

Boxerglocker
11-08-2012, 14:13

Have you ever actually had to deal with the owner? Meaning first hand on a one on one business case basis?

Seriously, I have dealt with LWD for over 10 years and yes had an issue from time to time. Always been taken care of in a respectful and professional manner by simply sending a email or giving them a call.

JR and Zack over there are good people... I just got word they hooked up our local 3-gun "Toys for Tots" charity match this Saturday with some giveaways/prizes just a short amount of notice.

WiskyT
11-08-2012, 15:51
Have you ever actually had to deal with the owner? Meaning first hand on a one on one business case basis?

Seriously, I have dealt with LWD for over 10 years and yes had an issue from time to time. Always been taken care of in a respectful and professional manner by simply sending a email or giving them a call.

JR and Zack over there are good people... I just got word they hooked up our local 3-gun "Toys for Tots" charity match this Saturday with some giveaways/prizes just a short amount of notice.

I know everything I need to know about him based on his posts on here. I pnly need to know about his conduct regarding business as that's the only way I'd interact with him. As for the toys for tots, John Gotti was very generous too, should I have a good opinion of him?

Boxerglocker
11-08-2012, 16:11
I know everything I need to know about him based on his posts on here. I pnly need to know about his conduct regarding business as that's the only way I'd interact with him. As for the toys for tots, John Gotti was very generous too, should I have a good opinion of him?

So you haven't... you won't... your opinion is duly noted as being based solely on your experience on the forum only, the same as some others and exact opposite of mine and others I'm aware of.

WiskyT
11-08-2012, 16:31
So you haven't... you won't... your opinion is duly noted as being based solely on your experience on the forum only, the same as some others and exact opposite of mine and others I'm aware of.

I don't need to know all that is JR, he's not JC for crying out loud. He's a rude person, and I won't describe it any further detail because they get all pissy around here and lock threads and issue warnings if you don't tow the line. I'm perfectly capable of forming an opinion of the guy based on his posts on here and I would not send him a nickle for his inferior products and service.

Maybe the next time a guy rams his shopping cart into my Achilles heel at the walmart and doesn't show the least bit of remorse I should first check on his charitable contributions before deciding that he's an *******.

Boxerglocker
11-08-2012, 17:36
I don't need to know all that is JR, he's not JC for crying out loud. He's a rude person, and I won't describe it any further detail because they get all pissy around here and lock threads and issue warnings if you don't tow the line. I'm perfectly capable of forming an opinion of the guy based on his posts on here and I would not send him a nickle for his inferior products and service.

Maybe the next time a guy rams his shopping cart into my Achilles heel at the walmart and doesn't show the least bit of remorse I should first check on his charitable contributions before deciding that he's an *******.

Why you getting all pissy? A question was asked, though not directed at you, you answered and I acknowledged it. I'm not twisting your arm, asking nor wanting to know your opinion in further detail. If you don't like what people have to say about others, whether positive or negative that's fair enough, you have mature options to deal with it on this forum. The ignore button is at your disposal whether for JR, me or JC.

WiskyT
11-08-2012, 17:50
Why you getting all pissy? A question was asked, though not directed at you, you answered and I acknowledged it. I'm not twisting your arm, asking nor wanting to know your opinion in further detail. If you don't like what people have to say about others, whether positive or negative that's fair enough, you have mature options to deal with it on this forum. The ignore button is at your disposal whether for JR, me or JC.

I'm not getting pissy at all. You're just putting that up as a strawman. Why are you doing that?

DoctaGlockta
11-08-2012, 21:48
i suppose i was more curious as to how short you'd have to load it...

oal = 1.25

Boxerglocker
11-08-2012, 23:38
I'm not getting pissy at all. You're just putting that up as a strawman. Why are you doing that?

Putting what up as a Strawman? What is that suppose to mean? Should I fill out a "Hurt feelings" report? You gonna accuse me of being on the LWD payroll too?
I was just asking a simple question, one that wasn't even directed to you. You've made it clear as to your feelings toward the LWD product and it's owner and given your reasons numerous times. That's your opinion, I can respect that.
I have stated my experiences (of actually handling/using the items in question over the past 10 years plus), duly noted that, yes some products had certain shortcomings, expressed after being asked if by others what I experienced when contacting JR and his efforts to satisfy a customer, which he succeeded.
Why can't you just not accept that others have actually experienced just the opposite long prior to the previous thread even started and let it go? Rather than jump in on every single LWD thread and bashing the owner and his products for supposedly being rude to you and that's why you don't like him. The way I see it, your doing just what you're accusing others to be. Pot calling the kettle black.

WiskyT
11-09-2012, 17:04
Putting what up as a Strawman? What is that suppose to mean? Should I fill out a "Hurt feelings" report? You gonna accuse me of being on the LWD payroll too?
I was just asking a simple question, one that wasn't even directed to you. You've made it clear as to your feelings toward the LWD product and it's owner and given your reasons numerous times. That's your opinion, I can respect that.
I have stated my experiences (of actually handling/using the items in question over the past 10 years plus), duly noted that, yes some products had certain shortcomings, expressed after being asked if by others what I experienced when contacting JR and his efforts to satisfy a customer, which he succeeded.
Why can't you just not accept that others have actually experienced just the opposite long prior to the previous thread even started and let it go? Rather than jump in on every single LWD thread and bashing the owner and his products for supposedly being rude to you and that's why you don't like him. The way I see it, your doing just what you're accusing others to be. Pot calling the kettle black.

You accused me of being pissy, which is a strawman argument. Now you are arguing about whether I'm pissy or not. See how that works?

When you get called on it, you change back to the original topic and claim ignorance of the strawman argument which you started. Classic stuff right there.

I'm glad you have had good results with LWD. Keep sending him your money. Keep posting your positive results, that's what this forum is for.

blastfact
11-09-2012, 22:48
I shoot a LW 5.15" barrel out of my 3rd gen G20.

The King of Glock: LW barrel and connector and a bit of spit and polish. It's a 100 yard tack driver.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/g202.jpg

And a full combat fire breather.

shotgunred
11-09-2012, 23:02
Its nice that you like your gun but glock has never made a tac driver, Not even at 25 yards.
100 yards:rofl:

blastfact
11-09-2012, 23:16
Its nice that you like your gun but glock has never made a tac driver, Not even at 25 yards.
100 yards:rofl:

I love to shoot at my local out door range with wonderful folks like you. 3 to 300 yards.... You pick the drill..... lol

shotgunred
11-10-2012, 10:10
Next time I get to Oklahoma I will look you up.:whistling:

Bluescot
11-11-2012, 03:29
Finally made it to the range with my G30SF and new LWD threaded barrel.

Only had time for about 50 rounds but all fed flawlessly with my 45acp reloads.

Good experience so far. And dare I say that it seemed more accurate than my stock barrel.

Not sure if I have the 'Glock Hole' or not as I didn't ask for it.

I'm glad yours worked for you.

Mine, in a G30, would not function with my reloads after having the GT hole punched in it. It only took them 104 days to turn it around.

My 45ACP loads are cast lead bullets that seem to work in all the other 45 Autos that have tried them. And they work flawlessly in that same G30 with the KKM barrel in it and just a whisper more accurate than the stock. Talking to the KKM people on the phone is a night/day difference compared to LWD. Customer service works for me and my dollars.

After my experience with the attitude of LWD I will take my Glock parts business elsewhere.

Bello
11-11-2012, 13:13
I shoot a LW 5.15" barrel out of my 3rd gen G20.

The King of Glock: LW barrel and connector and a bit of spit and polish. It's a 100 yard tack driver.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/g202.jpg

And a full combat fire breather.

I giggled a lil!

dkf
11-11-2012, 13:21
I giggled a lil!

Shotgunred's response was more along the lines of what I was thinking.

JR
11-12-2012, 15:54
Thanks for posting your findings Docta! If possible, please load a pic or two of your targets. I would like to see the groups.