Glock Armorer in East Tennessee? Slide Lock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorer in East Tennessee? Slide Lock?

G35DriverG19Carrier
11-07-2012, 19:11
I just bought a new Glock for the collection. Its a Gen2 Glock 22. It feels great and I feel like I paid a fair price for it. However, when I got it home and cleaned it I decided to take it out back and shoot it (I mean I bought 500 rounds of ammo just for this gun). And after almost every round the slide locks back.

Other than that it ejects great and looked good on the inside. Do you have any recommendations on what may cause this or if there is an armorer in the East Tennessee (Knoxville) area that you'd recommend taking it to.

DannyR
11-08-2012, 03:44
Only two possible causes:

1. Slide stop lever was re-installed improperly
2. Operator thumb.

Test:
1. With the slide off, lift up on the slide stop lever and let go. It should snap back down.
2. with the slide on but no magazine in the pistol, pull the slide all the way back and let go. It should slam forward.

JDennis
11-08-2012, 08:01
If the place you bought it from completely cleaned it, maybe the slide lock spring was over looked and is over the pin rather than under.

Sgt.K
11-08-2012, 12:13
Gen 2's only have 2 pins. The slide stop on a gen 2 has a tab or nub. Either the spring is missing/damaged or possibly a later Gen 3 stop has been installed though I'm not sure if doing so would cause you're type of malfunction. HTH.

Txnowtn
11-08-2012, 14:05
I would call Wayne at Sevierville Indoor Range. 2 Glock certified armorers there. Nice guy to deal with, too.

JBP55
11-08-2012, 17:45
I would call Wayne at Sevierville Indoor Range. 2 Glock certified armorers there. Nice guy to deal with, too.

I prefer the Sevierville range to the old ones we have in the Baton Rouge, La area.

SCC
11-08-2012, 20:46
Gen 2's only have 2 pins. The slide stop on a gen 2 has a tab or nub. Either the spring is missing/damaged or possibly a later Gen 3 stop has been installed though I'm not sure if doing so would cause you're type of malfunction. HTH.
:faint: