Obama must help get guns off streets, Bridgeport CT mayor says [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama must help get guns off streets, Bridgeport CT mayor says

sbhaven
11-08-2012, 06:36
Bridgeport CT mayor calls on Obama to help get illegal guns off the street...

Obama must help get guns off streets, mayor says (http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Obama-must-help-get-guns-off-streets-mayor-says-4017479.php)
BRIDGEPORT The family of a 14-year-old boy, gunned down on an East End street, huddled together crying as Mayor Bill Finch on Wednesday urged President Barack Obama and the newly elected members of Congress to get illegal guns off the city streets, "So that I don't have to bury another 14-year-old boy."

mikeflys1
11-08-2012, 06:56
Stopping his city from being a haven for illegal immigrants might work too.

Z71bill
11-08-2012, 07:02
How many people want more illegal guns on the streets?

How many people want criminals to have easy access to guns?

IMHO the real question is -

How do you do these things without hurting the law abiding person's right to gave legal guns?

maybe something simple -

Commit a crime with a gun - get caught - get shot with the gun you used in the crime.

Would also work with a knife.

If nothing else it would lower the residivism rate.

Dennis in MA
11-08-2012, 07:04
Jim Morrison reports it's the wrong city. Blood is in the streets in the town of New Haven, not Bridgeport.

harlenm
11-08-2012, 07:08
Hartford, new haven, Bridgeport, might as well be the same city. The crap will never stop.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

JJohnson
11-08-2012, 07:09
If he can do it an leave the rest of us alone, I'm all for it.

Chesafreak
11-08-2012, 07:21
What he is effectively saying is that he and his police force aren't doing their jobs, since the guns are illegal as he said. What is the president and congress going to do if the guns used are already illegal? Make them double illegal? Enforcement of existing laws is the issue.

Z71bill
11-08-2012, 07:27
What he is effectively saying is that he and his police force aren't doing their jobs, since the guns are illegal as he said. What is the president and congress going to do if the guns used are already illegal? Make them double illegal? Enforcement of existing laws is the issue.

Illegal guns means different things to different people.

When I think illegal gun - I think about a Saiga that has been modified to shoot in full auto - or a shotgun that has had its barrel sawed off to 6". I could even see a gun with a mag that holds more rounds - in a state that limits the number as "illegal".

I think the mayor thinks any gun he doesn't like = illegal. And he doesn't like any guns. :whistling:

frizz
11-08-2012, 07:40

You beat me to it. How long has the NRA been screaming this?

I don't think prison is much of a deterrent to thugs because they either act without thinking it through, or they think they'll get away with it.

I don't think "rehabilitation" has been shown to be very effective for violent thugs either.

I do think that keeping the thugs in cages so that they can't prey on peaceful citizens is the best justification for prisons and long terms for violent crimes. The gun sentencing "enhancers" are good tools in this approach to imprisonment.

Averageman
11-08-2012, 07:40
From the article;
Police Chief Joseph Gaudett (http://www.ctpost.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Joseph+Gaudett%22), while congratulating detectives Kenneth McKenna (http://www.ctpost.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Kenneth+McKenna%22) and Artur Calvao for the investigation that led to Jones' arrest, continued that the investigation into the killing is not over.
Finch said they believe recent shootings in the city involving young men are related and are being done by a small number of people.
Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Obama-must-help-get-guns-off-streets-mayor-says-4017479.php#ixzz2Bdrw76Cd
Sounds like the Cops are tracking down who did the shooting, but the Mayor is under some pressure to clean up his City.
Simply Grandstanding.
The whole small number of people thing,....stoooooooooopid.

Lowjiber
11-08-2012, 11:31
They need a new mayor.

Reswob
11-08-2012, 11:46

Double Secret Illegal.:rofl:

Chesafreak
11-08-2012, 12:22

The other issue is culture. The number of victims of mass shooters are a drop in the bucket compared to what is happening every day in our cities. We don't have a problem with gun control, we have a culture problem with a group that is 7 times more likely to commit murder and 8 times more likely to commit robbery and resorts to guns all too easily to settle a conflict. Source: http://www.amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime/

More about the gang member arrested for this shooting:
http://www.ctpost.com/default/article/Arrest-is-just-the-first-step-4016861.php

beatcop
11-08-2012, 12:33
The issue isn't the kid...it's the agenda. Four years to get a bill together...they just need a reason to rally the anti's...doesn't have to be a good reason, just a reason.

pizza_pablo
11-08-2012, 12:38
Bridgeport CT mayor calls on Obama to help get illegal guns off the street...

Obama must help get guns off streets, mayor says (http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Obama-must-help-get-guns-off-streets-mayor-says-4017479.php)
Talk about passing the buck! Waht an *** clown!
How many people want more illegal guns on the streets?

How many people want criminals to have easy access to guns?

IMHO the real question is -

How do you do these things without hurting the law abiding person's right to gave legal guns?

maybe something simple -

Commit a crime with a gun - get caught - get shot with the gun you used in the crime.

Would also work with a knife.

If nothing else it would lower the residivism rate.
Me likes the way you thinks! :thumbsup:

Berto
11-08-2012, 12:40
It sounds like the mayor sucks at his job, since the gun was already 'illegal'.

It's like asking Obama to stop people from killing each other or exceeding the speed limit.

Carrys
11-08-2012, 13:04

As has been shown to date, the left has no desire to prevent our rights from being "hurt".

I suspect in what life I have left......I will see the elimination of several of our rights.

Yes sir, the Constitution is now on the block.

Hide and watch.:wavey:

..... but the Mayor is under some pressure to clean up his City.
Simply Grandstanding.

Yeah, but just the sort of thing this govt will use to spark it into the action it's wanted to take for years.

IMO mind ya.

beatcop
11-08-2012, 13:20
Cities of 100,000 to 499,000 population (238 cities)
Highest Crime Rate Ranking
1. Flint, MI
2. St. Louis, MO
3. Oakland, CA
4. Cleveland, OH
5. Jackson, MS
6. Newark, NJ
7. Richmond, CA
8. New Orleans, LA
9. New Haven, CT
10. Little Rock, AR

Good old New Haven has a lot to be proud of! Perhaps they should crack down on the turds.

harlenm
11-08-2012, 13:51
That's good for New Haven, they used to be number 4.

ColdSteelNail
11-08-2012, 14:55
Obama has only signed one piece of gun legislation. You may now legally carry your weapon into our national parks. There will be no new restrictive gun legislation coming out of the Obama administration.

Captain Ron
11-08-2012, 16:18
:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

roguedaddy
11-08-2012, 16:24
Jim Morrison reports it's the wrong city. Blood is in the streets in the town of New Haven, not Bridgeport.

Good one! Lmfao!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Bren
11-08-2012, 16:29
Isn't getting illegal guns off the streets of Bridgeport the job of the Bridgeport police?

I can only assume "get illegal guns off the street of Bridgeport" is a code for "make legal gun illegal all over the U.S."

svtpwnz
11-08-2012, 16:32

Come on man, I thought you were better than that! This mayor needs to get real tough and make the guns used in violent crimes tripple dog illegal. That will take care of the problem. :whistling:

czsmithGT
11-08-2012, 16:37
I will make the assumption the mayor is actually talking about getting people off the streets who are carrying guns without a permit, rather than getting rid of guns that are truly illegal to own by the average citizen with a carry permit.

That said, what does he want the federal government to do- send the army into Bridgeport and go house to house and person to person carrying out unconstitutional search and seizures?

glockski
11-08-2012, 16:40
Obama has only signed one piece of gun legislation. You may now legally carry your weapon into our national parks. There will be no new restrictive gun legislation coming out of the Obama administration.
I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

concretefuzzynuts
11-08-2012, 17:13
Please write your congressman or your closest pro-gun politician to express your opinion on this matter.

I wrote my congressman on the subject. As an example, here is what I wrote, you may use this or any form of this. They need to hear how we feel.

"Mr. Rigell,

First, congratulations on your win. It's too bad we couldn't do better overall but such is life.

Senator Feinstein is writing new law in regards to gun control/ban. I implore you to oppose this and encourage all in the House to oppose this intrusive law. You are our last defense in keeping our 2nd amendment rights.

Also if President Obama tries to sign an executive order in enact such a ban, please do whatever possible to block that order.

These rights are not to be removed by one man or one party.

So-called assault weapons are used in a very small percentage of crime, being used in less than one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law.

Thank you for taking time to read this and a reply would be nice so I know you have received my e-mail.

Sincerely,"

Also, to all you gun owners who voted for Obama. You helped bring this on us all.

stevelyn
11-08-2012, 17:15
And so it begins.

captcurly
11-08-2012, 18:38
This moron mayor does not know that it is his responsibility to get the guns off his streets. Give the local PD the support and backing to do the job. Get the liberal courts (or remove the liberal judges) and get them doing what they are suppose to do. This mayor,like most, does not have the gonads to get the job done. It is easy to cry to the Federal Gov't for help. This do nothing gutless SOB should be voted out of office. The Obama Admin could not even protect the folks in Bengazi so how can they protect a local city. :steamed: