That didn't take long. Going after guns on day 1. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : That didn't take long. Going after guns on day 1.

RichJ
11-08-2012, 07:35
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

Longtooths
11-08-2012, 07:43
He has much more leeway after the election.....

Philippe
11-08-2012, 07:45
Just something else for folks to panic over.

PAGunner
11-08-2012, 07:58
It allegedly only applies to exports... I will be honest and admit undo not know all the details, but I don't think we need to get carried away just yet with panic...

lunarspeak
11-08-2012, 08:03
so you guys are for armstradeing to countries like iran,sierra leon,and mogadishu?

this thing has nothing to do with domestic gun ownership and id bet romney would have been for it also

RichJ
11-08-2012, 08:05
It allegedly only applies to exports... I will be honest and admit undo not know all the details, but I don't think we need to get carried away just yet with panic...
Aren't Glock parts made in Austria? They have to export them to get them here.

Philippe
11-08-2012, 08:05
so you guys are for armstradeing to countries like iran,sierra leon,and mogadishu?

this thing has nothing to do with domestic gun ownership and id bet romney would have been for it also

That's the problem here. Most of the panic idiots, just see the words Obama and Guns and they go wild with the "he is taking them away" crap.

Philippe
11-08-2012, 08:06

Georgia....

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:06
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

UNPOSSIBLE. Romney is the only one that wanted our guns. NOT Obama....

RichJ
11-08-2012, 08:09
Georgia....
The parts are manufactured in Austria and exported to Georgia for assembly and distribution. They aren't actually made in Georgia per se. IIRC.

Dennis in MA
11-08-2012, 08:16
vote had been expected before Tuesday's U.S. presidential election but was delayed due to Superstorm Sandy,

So it's true. Obama DID steal the Hurricane Machine from GW.

Obama hates Gun People!

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:18
So it's true. Obama DID steal the Hurricane Machine from GW.

Obama hates Gun People!

Duh! It was broken after Katrina. Some idiot left it out during Katrina's surge. Once it was fixed, GW tried to keep it in Texas but the Media was onto him. He was forced to turn it over to Obama..

Arc Angel
11-08-2012, 08:20
http://imageshack.us/a/img145/4427/allthingspass.jpg

lunarspeak
11-08-2012, 08:21
The parts are manufactured in Austria and exported to Georgia for assembly and distribution. They aren't actually made in Georgia per se. IIRC.

you mean the multi million dollar gun corp will have to make the "complete" gun here adding jobs and money to the economey...

and even if this law did stop gun companys from importing here,we are not hurting on US gun makers.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:24
you mean the multi million dollar gun corp will have to make the "complete" gun here adding jobs and money to the economey...

and even if this law did stop gun companys from importing here,we are not hurting on US gun makers.

Right, because companies always hire more people in the face of additional taxes and tariffs. More likely that they will slow production and/or exporting causing the gun prices to increase and laying off more people..

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:25
Oh my gosh!!! Obama is banning guns!!!

..."We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports...

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:25
Right, because companies always hire more people in the face of additional taxes and tariffs. More likely that they will slow production and/or exporting causing the gun prices to increase and laying off more people..

Export to where? American civilians buy more guns than most third world countries. Hell, American civilians buy more guns than most first world countries.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:27
Oh my gosh!!! Obama is banning guns!!!

..."We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports...

Where did the fnfal part of your screen name come from? Wasn't it an export???

Don't most US gun manufactures export their weapons? So, yes it will affect US gun manufacturers and their sales...

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:29
Export to where? American civilians buy more guns than most third world countries. Hell, American civilians buy more guns than most first world countries.

The reply was in reference to GLOCK exporting to the US. The poster I was replying to assumed that GLOCK would send those jobs over here and make more parts here and therefor more jobs would come into the US because of this new tax/tariff... Context my man.. Context...

Hines57
and even if this law did stop gun companys from importing here,we are not hurting on US gun makers....

wow

fnfalman
Where did the fnfal part of your screen name come from? Wasn't it an export???

Actually it's an import. One of them came from Belgium and the other one came from Brazil. Of course none came any more thanks to a Republican president.

Don't most US gun manufactures export their weapons? So, yes it will affect US gun manufacturers and their sales...

Do you even know the quantities of export versus what they sold in the US?

Why should I care about whether or not Italians can buy Remingtons? Is the Second Amendment about Italians owning guns?

TheExplorer
Here's the crowd that was lined up at my gun shop this morning because of this.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTov55fVd5594DH65teMQNiImrmXOl689pTchK6UpDeKyG4DCJ8

RichJ
11-08-2012, 08:30

They can't make them here or they would. For one thing, the EPA prohibits the process for the Tenifer finish. There was something else too but I can't remember it.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:31
They can't make them here or they would. For one thing, the EPA prohibits the process for the Tenifer finish. There was something else too but I can't remember it.

You mean HK, SIG, FN and Beretta don't have gun plants in the USA? Oh noes!!!

As far as tennifer finish goes, who gives a rat's ass about a finish? My 100+ years old blued guns aren't rusted shut due to a $2 bottle of gun oil and a cut up old T-shirt.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:32
Would you help me pass on the word that I have a pre-ban Colt SP1 assault rifle for sales for the mere sum of $10,000? Get it before Obama gets it.

Here's the crowd that was lined up at my gun shop this morning because of this.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTov55fVd5594DH65teMQNiImrmXOl689pTchK6UpDeKyG4DCJ8

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:33
Actually it's an import. One of them came from Belgium and the other one came from Brazil. Of course none came any more thanks to a Republican president.

Right.. and Belgium exported it to the US. The UN treaty affects Belgium exporting weapons. Which means people in the US will have to pay more or not have access to weapons.

Do you even know the quantities of export versus what they sold in the US?

Why should I care about whether or not Italians can buy Remingtons? Is the Second Amendment about Italians owning guns?

You should care about how it affects US gun manufacturers sales. Who will that affect?

jmsfmtex
11-08-2012, 08:34
obama will use the U.N. as a shield for his anti-gun agenda. We need the Congress to reject the U.N. Treaty. This is just another step at chipping away our rights. So many of our rights and freedoms have been taken away.

TheExplorer
11-08-2012, 08:35
Would you help me pass on the word that I have a pre-ban Colt SP1 assault rifle for sales for the mere sum of $10,000? Get it before Obama gets it.

Done. Now it's even bigger!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp_-aeiHcFuZkWPi9laDkvZi5cKHTycIQBFShrPgv9-G27ioo6

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:36
Right.. and Belgium exported it to the US. The UN treaty affects Belgium exporting weapons. Which means people in the US will have to pay more or not have access to weapons.

What weapons are being imported from Belgium right now? I can think of one: FN 5.7 pistol. The rest are made in America.

You should care about how it affects US gun manufacturers sales. Who will that affect?

How does not selling overseas affect me? That just mean they have to sell more guns in America, that means more supply than demand, that means cheaper prices for Americans. Works for me.

Philippe
11-08-2012, 08:37
obama will use the U.N. as a shield for his anti-gun agenda. We need the Congress to reject the U.N. Treaty. This is just another step at chipping away our rights. So many of our rights and freedoms have been taken away.

Care to list them?

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:39
Care to list them?

Well...The People's Right to Bear Arms didn't say that you have to be an American to benefit from the Second Amendment. The Founders didn't say "Americans' Right to Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed." They said "The People's Right to Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed. That means I must care about the Second Amendment being applied to the People of the World. One World, baby!!!

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 08:39
What weapons are being imported from Belgium right now? I can think of one: FN 5.7 pistol. The rest are made in America.

They are assembled in America. Where are the parts being made and shipped?

How does not selling overseas affect me? That just mean they have to sell more guns in America, that means more supply than demand, that means cheaper prices for Americans. Works for me.

What happens when a company loses sales?

RichJ
11-08-2012, 08:40
Care to list them?
http://4chandata.org/images/threads/151102_facepalm[1].jpg

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 08:47
They are assembled in America. Where are the parts being made and shipped?

You sure about that? That they're "assembled" in America and no parts are made in the US? Is that why SIG pistols and rifles have "Made in USA" stamped on them? Is that why Beretta 92FS have "Made in USA" stamped on them?

http://www.kygunco.com/prodimages/36676-DEFAULT-L.jpg

What happens when a company loses sales?

They can either shut down or attack a new market.

racerford
11-08-2012, 09:21

As far as tennifer finish goes, who gives a rat's ass about a finish? My 100+ years old blued guns aren't rusted shut due to a $2 bottle of gun oil and a cut up old T-shirt.

I care about the tennifer finish. It has many excellent qualities and low maintenance. It is a selling point for the Glock.

I do have a solution. Abolish the EPA.

TheExplorer
11-08-2012, 09:24
I do have a solution. Abolish the EPA.

But they ensure my water can do this.

Faucet Water Ignites! Natural Gas in Well Water! THANKS DICK! - YouTube

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 09:28
You sure about that? That they're "assembled" in America and no parts are made in the US? Is that why SIG pistols and rifles have "Made in USA" stamped on them? Is that why Beretta 92FS have "Made in USA" stamped on them?

http://www.kygunco.com/prodimages/36676-DEFAULT-L.jpg

They can either shut down or attack a new market.

Here you go. Some are Swiss made, some are US made..

http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php/Swiss-Made/View-all-products.html

http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php/U.S.-Made/View-all-products.html

You'll have to do the rest of your research on your own..:wavey:

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 09:31
Here you go. Some are Swiss made, some are US made..
You'll have to do the rest of your research on your own..:wavey:

I think that you've just done the research for me.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 09:33
I think that you've just done the research for me.

For Sig... You'll have to do the rest on your own..

I know it's hard to admit you are wrong... but thanks for trying...

P99er
11-08-2012, 10:01

or Mexican drug cartels?

JimmyN
11-08-2012, 10:04

Not true. It's not an EPA issue, I don't know why that rumor persists, it's a trademark issue by the patent holder. The patented process is trademarked Tenifer in Europe, in the US it has to be referred to as Melonite, and in Asia it's Tufftride.

Same patented process, just called by different trademark names depending on the area of the world. So we'll never have Tenifer in the US, but it's a licensing issue and has nothing to do with the EPA. If it was the EPA then Melonite would be banned in the US since it's the same process, and obviously it's not banned as a lot of manufacturers use it.

RichJ
11-08-2012, 10:04
so you guys are for arms tradeing to countries like iran,sierra leon,and mogadishu?
There are already international sanctions in place for those countries.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 10:49
For Sig... You'll have to do the rest on your own..

I know it's hard to admit you are wrong... but thanks for trying...

Admit that I'm wrong? As in admitting that HK makes guns in the USA? That FN makes guns in the USA? That Beretta makes guns in the USA?

Hell, I already did you a favor by posting a photo of the FN pistol with "made in USA" stamped on the side.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 12:36
Admit that I'm wrong...

Yep.. I appreciate it and it is duly noted.. Thank you.

fwm
11-08-2012, 13:06
That's the problem here. Most of the panic idiots, just see the words Obama and Guns and they go wild with the "he is taking them away" crap.

As the treaty is worded today, ALL small arms must be registered with their Federal governments. NOT seen as a violation of the second amendment by Obama and others of his mind.

But, remember, no country to date has implemented registration with out eventually using that registration for confiscation.

fwm
11-08-2012, 13:11

Unfortunately, it is the Democratic Senate that confirms treaties. The Republican controlled House has no say.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 13:13
Yep.. I appreciate it and it is duly noted.. Thank you.

You're welcome. It's always good to have a chance to educate the uneducated.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 13:16
You're welcome. It's always good to have a chance to educate the uneducated.

I see you are able to live well with disappointment. That should get easier for you with time...

fwm
11-08-2012, 13:18

It also calls for the registration of ALL small arms with their respective governments, and tracking of ALL sales. Do you really want the feds to have a list of all the small arms you possess?

Remember, no country has ever required registration with out using it for confiscation later. England, Canada, Australia, all just required 'registration for the safety of the populace'. What was it, less two to five years later they all decided which guns 'shouldn't be owned by the populace' and just appeared and took, destroyed and never made any retribution for the value.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 13:20
It also calls for the registration of ALL small arms with their respective governments, and tracking of ALL sales. Do you really want the feds to have a list of all the small arms you possess?

What smallarms? I sold'em all to individual private sales. Didn't know that I was suppose to keep receipts?

Remember, no country has ever required registration with out using it for confiscation later. England, Canada, Australia, all just required 'registration for the safety of the populace'. What was it, less two to five years later they all decided which guns 'shouldn't be owned by the populace' and just appeared and took, destroyed and never made any retribution for the value.

Who's going to enforce this law on Americans? The US Armed Forces?

blkpag1
11-08-2012, 13:23
Unfortunately, it is the Democratic Senate that confirms treaties. The Republican controlled House has no say.

Do they have the 2/3 vote to ratify this?

4TS&W
11-08-2012, 13:23
or Mexican drug cartels?

This is what I was going to say. How about they clean up their own house first??? :upeyes:

Glock20 10mm
11-08-2012, 14:00

Why not? I mean Holder has been dealing in arms with the Mexican cartels. Why should they get all the fun?

Bren
11-08-2012, 14:41

Interesting. You may be right. Here are the official rules for "Made in USA."
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard

pizza_pablo
11-08-2012, 14:59
An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed.
"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

Oh yeah, that guy. :upeyes:

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

Sure, we believe you....nameless "official". :upeyes:

Jeff Abramson, director of Control Arms, a coalition of advocacy groups, urged states to agree on stringent provisions.
"In Syria (http://www.reuters.com/places/syria), we have seen the death toll rise well over 30,000, with weapons and ammunition pouring in the country for months now," he said. "We need a treaty that will set tough rules to control the arms trade, that will save lives and truly make the world a better place."

Didn't Obummer send some of those horrible guns to Syria? :dunno:

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 15:00
Interesting. You may be right. Here are the official rules for "Made in USA."
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard

Sure looks like factories in the USA to me.

http://www.fnmfg.com/capabilities/Gun%20Barrels/
http://frontierindia.net/heckler-koch-to-make-the-hk-mr556-and-hk-mr762-rifles-in-us-factory

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIHVKJxQcg0Ax0T7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBrc3VyamVwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQD?p=beretta+usa+f actory&vid=2C5F75294CE5C9A3267B2C5F75294CE5C9A3267B&l=1%3A35&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DV.4927578085785751%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideos.howstuffworks.com%2Fmilitary-channel%2F29254-gi-factory-beretta-usa-video.htm&tit=GI+Factory%3A+Beretta+USA&c=0&sigr=12n4v7cik&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=b

AtlantaR6
11-08-2012, 15:06

Yes, and you should be concerned about Austria export laws.

For us, they are Imports.

John Galt
11-08-2012, 15:08

If we don't want to sell arms to those countries, Congress can outlaw the sale of weapons to those countries. We don't need a UN treaty.

whoflungdo
11-08-2012, 15:10
Yes, and you should be concerned about Austria export laws.

For us, they are Imports.

Or UN treaties that affect Austrian exports..

racerford
11-08-2012, 16:01
Not true. It's not an EPA issue, I don't know why that rumor persists, it's a trademark issue by the patent holder. The patented process is trademarked Tenifer in Europe, in the US it has to be referred to as Melonite, and in Asia it's Tufftride.

Same patented process, just called by different trademark names depending on the area of the world. So we'll never have Tenifer in the US, but it's a licensing issue and has nothing to do with the EPA. If it was the EPA then Melonite would be banned in the US since it's the same process, and obviously it's not banned as a lot of manufacturers use it.

Thank you for the information. I am all for Glocks being produced in the US if they can be the same or better.

I am still for elimnating the EPA. Too much power and decision not made on sound science. Some counter to sound science.

Another agency that is unnecessary and the slim bit of work that is needed can be handled by another departemnt. What part of the Constitution calls for what it does, except maybe severely over-styretched Commerce clause.... the catch all used by an over-reaching federal governemnt.

fnfalman
11-08-2012, 16:06
Or UN treaties that affect Austrian exports..

The only Austrian export that's worth a damn is KTM motorcycle. They can keep the rest.

concretefuzzynuts
11-08-2012, 17:14
Please write your congressman or your closest pro-gun politician to express your opinion on this matter.

I wrote my congressman on the subject. As an example, here is what I wrote, you may use this or any form of this. They need to hear how we feel.

"Mr. Rigell,

First, congratulations on your win. It's too bad we couldn't do better overall but such is life.

Senator Feinstein is writing new law in regards to gun control/ban. I implore you to oppose this and encourage all in the House to oppose this intrusive law. You are our last defense in keeping our 2nd amendment rights.

Also if President Obama tries to sign an executive order in enact such a ban, please do whatever possible to block that order.

These rights are not to be removed by one man or one party.

So-called assault weapons are used in a very small percentage of crime, being used in less than one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law.

Thank you for taking time to read this and a reply would be nice so I know you have received my e-mail.

Sincerely,"

Also, to all you gun owners who voted for Obama. You helped bring this on us all.

Glocksanity
11-08-2012, 17:21

Wall Street financed Hitler. It is the American way!

rustygun
11-08-2012, 17:32
Ok so lets make this perfectly plain. I've linked an old post that somebody dug back up in another forum.

It lists toward the end all of the things that can be done with and about treaties and the second amendment. Please read it and relax.

http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14600

dre23
11-08-2012, 17:43
Actually Glock has recently expanded in Smyna. and has begun making and stamping made in USA. I have heard that they should become much more common in the coming year.

stevelyn
11-08-2012, 17:58
I see lots of Obummer apologists are posting today.

countrygun
11-08-2012, 18:13

Norice, they aren't even trying to deny it, but they are pretending it doesn't matter?

Some of them are acting like Glocks are the only gun in the world and since they are made here now it doesn't matter.

The "Let them build the guns here or we don't need them" crowd are beginning to sound a lot like the "Who cares, it's only Saturday night specials" crowd from 1968. Or the ""Who cares it's only the "assault rifles and evil high-cap" magazines they want" group from a later effort.

Hmm, odd for folks who are so interested in guns.

Really funny considering one of the people so "OK" with this uses the name of a generally off-shore made rifle for a screen name. Hmmm.

dre23
11-08-2012, 18:19
Norice, they aren't even trying to deny it, but they are pretending it doesn't matter?

Some of them are acting like Glocks are the only gun in the world and since they are made here now it doesn't matter.

The "Let them build the guns here or we don't need them" crowd are beginning to sound a lot like the "Who cares, it's only Saturday night specials" crowd from 1968. Or the ""Who cares it's only the "assault rifles and evil high-cap" magazines they want" group from a later effort.

Hmm, odd for folks who are so interested in guns.

Really funny considering one of the people so "OK" with this uses the name of a generally off-shore made rifle for a screen name. Hmmm.
I in no way meant my post to mean that since they are made here now to say I don't care. I was just pointing out that they already are. I in fact do care about the idea of banning of guns. The treaty concerns me, but the only power I have over it is to write my Congressman which I will do or ignore it if it somehow were ever come to pass which I would.

P.S. shovels are cheap and so are water proof containers

Jeff82
11-08-2012, 18:45

Exactly!!! The first step of confiscation is registration.

ScumPunisher
11-08-2012, 18:46
Actually Glock has recently expanded in Smyna. and has begun making and stamping made in USA. I have heard that they should become much more common in the coming year.

Glad I picked up my g26 gen4 when I did... nothing against us factories but something just looks odd about a Glock with USA stamped on the slide

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

dre23
11-08-2012, 18:50
Glad I picked up my g26 gen4 when I did... nothing against us factories but something just looks odd about a Glock with USA stamped on the slide

I agree it looks a bit weird since I am not accustomed to it, but happy to see it, and happy to see them add jobs to do it.

concretefuzzynuts
11-08-2012, 19:16
So, nobody wants to step up and write their congressman on this issue? Complaining here won't get you anywhere.

Dragoon189
11-08-2012, 19:20
http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-looking-to-introduce-new-assault-weapons-ban

Not the only threat. AWB with no grandfather clause

pizza_pablo
11-09-2012, 07:46
My congressman, Norm Dicks, is no longer accepting email. :dunno:
I contacted 3 other US Congressmen, around me, as well as both Senators, with the following:

Please do what you can to strongly oppose any UN treaty regarding the gun rights and possible gun registration of folks in this great country.

You are our last defense in keeping our 2nd amendment rights. A citizenry should not fear the government that it employs.

Senator Feinstein talks of writing new law in regards to gun control/ban. I implore you to oppose this and encourage all in the House to oppose this intrusive law.

Also if President Obama tries to sign an executive order enacting such a ban, please do whatever possible to block that order.

These rights are not to be removed by one man or one party.

So-called assault weapons are used in a very small percentage of crime, being used in less than one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law. Criminals, by definition, do not obey gun ban laws.

Thank you for taking time to read this and a reply would be nice so I know you have received my e-mail.

Thanks go to concretefuzzynuts, for most of the content and encouragement!

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 07:49

Psstt...I heard from a high ranking official that the UN is gonna come over next week to start confiscating guns.

Wanna buy my Colt preban for ONE MILLION DOLLARS?

Get it before Big O and the UN gets it.

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 07:50

Did Obama ban "off shore made rifles" or did Dubya Daddy?

Hmm...

pizza_pablo
11-09-2012, 07:56

Hmm...
I SINCERELY hope that you are correct, in your thoughts, that gun owners have nothing to fear, from a second Obama term.

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 08:44

Hmm...

The difference between you and those of us on Conservative and or Libertarian side is we don't care who signs it into law, proposes it, or advocates for it, we are against it. Unlike you...

This isn't an R/D thing, it's a 2A thing...

Geeorge
11-09-2012, 08:56
So by my view anyoe who voted for oBAMA this time should have all their guns consficated and never allowed to own one again.

And for the people who only voted for him the first time are now only allowed 22's and nothing else.

And then for the rest of us who voted against him both times,

we should be able to buy new full auto weapons for 10% over manufacturing cost

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:20
I SINCERELY hope that you are correct, in your thoughts, that gun owners have nothing to fear, from a second Obama term.

Gun owners claimed that they had great fear with Obama's first term.

Had he banned anything?

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:21
The difference between you and those of us on Conservative and or Libertarian side is we don't care who signs it into law, proposes it, or advocates for it, we are against it. Unlike you...

This isn't an R/D thing, it's a 2A thing...

Yes, it's a Second Amendment thing...and you and the rest of the Chicken Little types can't seem to get through to your heads.

BTW, I voted for Gary Johnson under the Libertarian Party. Who did you vote for?

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 09:27
Yes, it's a Second Amendment thing...and you and the rest of the Chicken Little types can't seem to get through to your heads.

BTW, I voted for Gary Johnson under the Libertarian Party. Who did you vote for?

I doubt that. Your posts in this thread alone are contrary to the Libertarian philosophy.

Keep trying...

BuzznRose
11-09-2012, 09:30

Had he banned anything?

First, i doubt anyone really believes you are pro 2A, but I'll play along. No, BHO did not ban anything to my knowledge, that would have been way too obvious.

Instead, he tried to "gin up" anti gun sentiment through Fast and Furious, which backfired and is now buried so deep we'll likely never know the extent. Further, he placed two very anti 2A SCOTUS judges.

Now, with no fear of reelection, when he should be focused on our economy, jobs, and energy dependence, let's see what he does. Will he attack two of the shining stars of our economy, the firearms and oil/natural gas industries? Or will he let that alone and try to put more Americans back to work?

Putting Americans to work for any job that isn't union is to possibly lose voters who realize they may not need the government so much after all.

Guess we will see.

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:31
I doubt that. Your posts in this thread alone are contrary to the Libertarian philosophy.

Keep trying...

Libertarians are definitely no chicken littles...which leaves you out.

On the other hand, you found me out. I voted for Big O and we're gonna get your guns!!! Tomorrow we're gonna send in the UN troops to start confiscation. Oh yeah!!!

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:33
First, i doubt anyone really believes you are pro 2A, but I'll play along. No, BHO did not ban anything to my knowledge, that would have been way too obvious.

Instead, he tried to "gin up" anti gun sentiment through Fast and Furious, which backfired and is now buried so deep we'll likely never know the extent. Further, he placed two very anti 2A SCOTUS judges.

Now, with no fear of reelection, when he should be focused on our economy, jobs, and energy dependence, let's see what he does. Will he attack two of the shining stars of our economy, the firearms and oil/natural gas industries? Or will he let that alone and try to put more Americans back to work?

Putting Americans to work for any job that isn't union is to possibly lose voters who realize they may not need the government so much after all.

Guess we will see.

I tell you what, when Obama start talking about gun bans, then I'll worry. In the mean times, I'll be glad to sell you or any other fellows who are worried my preban Colt AR15 SP1 for $10,000 with high cap mags for $100/each. You better get it or else Obama is gonna get it.

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 09:37
Libertarians are definitely no chicken littles...which leaves you out.

Nice one.. Try again...:wavey:

Maybe one day you will be a Libertarian. It's going to take quite a bit of self-evaluation and lifestyle changes though... I'm sure you can do it..

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:39
Nice one.. Try again...:wavey:

Maybe one day you will be a Libertarian. It's going to take quite a bit of self-evaluation and lifestyle changes though... I'm sure you can do it..

Why? So that I can be like you running scared of everything?

Are you sure that you're a Libertarian? Sounds like a Republican to me.:rofl:

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 09:40
I tell you what, when Obama start talking about gun bans, then I'll worry. In the mean times, I'll be glad to sell you or any other fellows who are worried my preban Colt AR15 SP1 for $10,000 with high cap mags for $100/each. You better get it or else Obama is gonna get it.

No you won't. You won't even write your Congressmen about the UN Gun treaty. Obama has already spoken of gun bans (Google is your friend, you should try it sometime) if you are waiting till the legislation gets to him to sign, you are already too late.. As another poster has already said Fast and Furious should be enough to concern you.

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 09:42
Why? So that I can be like you running scared of everything?

Are you sure that you're a Libertarian? Sounds like a Republican to me.:rofl:

And you sound like a Democrat to me... but that's completely irrelevant.

Keep trying... It's not working. Dig deeper... you may find it in you to actually become a 2A supporter...

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:42
No you won't. You won't even write your Congressmen about the UN Gun treaty. Obama has already spoken of gun bans (Google is your friend, you should try it sometime) if you are waiting till the legislation gets to him to sign, you are already too late.. As another poster has already said Fast and Furious should be enough to concern you.

Why would I write my congressmen when emails and phone calls are a lot faster and easier?

Fast and Furious doesn't concern me. My motorcycles can outrun any Honda ricers with fart cans and spoilers.

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:43
And you sound like a Democrat to me... but that's completely irrelevant.

How could that be irrelevant? Democrats are winners!!!

Keep trying... It's not working. Dig deeper... you may find it in you to actually become a 2A supporter...

I support the Second Amendment for me, just not for you. When Obama comes to confiscate guns, he's gonna get yours and give them to me.

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 09:46
Why would I write my congressmen when emails and phone calls are a lot faster and easier?

Fast and Furious doesn't concern me. My motorcycles can outrun any Honda ricers with fart cans and spoilers.

I'm glad to hear you have contacted your Congressmen about the UN Treaty then. Maybe you are a little concerned after all... There is still hope for you. I'm glad we are having a positive affect on you. We'll be here when you make the final turn.

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 09:48
I'm glad to hear you have contacted your Congressmen about the UN Treaty then. Maybe you are a little concerned after all... There is still hope for you. I'm glad we are having a positive affect on you. We'll be here when you make the final turn.

I also called Diane Feinstein and told her that I'd support a gun ban just to make you cry.

whoflungdo
11-09-2012, 10:00
How could that be irrelevant? Democrats are winners!!!

I support the Second Amendment for me, just not for you. When Obama comes to confiscate guns, he's gonna get yours and give them to me.

I also called Diane Feinstein and told her that I'd support a gun ban just to make you cry.

That's ok. Some backsliding is to be expected as you turn away from your Democrat ways and try to become a 2A supporter and a Libertarian. It's ok. We are here to help. I've talked to several that are willing to be your sponsors. Remember, the first step is the biggest step and usually the hardest.

BossGodfrey
11-09-2012, 12:55
Care to list them?

Read the Patriot Act. Then you can read the NDAA that a socialist muslim ***** signed into law last December. If you can tear yourself away from online forums long enough to do so !!!!!!!

concretefuzzynuts
11-09-2012, 16:14
My congressman, Norm Dicks, is no longer accepting email. :dunno:
I contacted 3 other US Congressmen, around me, as well as both Senators, with the following:

Thanks go to concretefuzzynuts, for most of the content and encouragement!

The Norm Dicks matter is surprising. When I lived in Wa State I voted for him, he is a Democrat but was pro military, pro veteran and pro gun. (yeah, that's what level headed voters do, vote issue not just party line)

:dunno:

TK-421
11-09-2012, 16:16

If gun control doesn't work here, what makes you think it will work in countries other than the US? :upeyes:

They're going to get their guns no matter what, treaty or no treaty.

concretefuzzynuts
11-09-2012, 16:22
Look at Chicago. Some of the toughest gun regulations in the country. Yet not a month goes by when there isn't crime committed by guns. What are these magic guns doing there? They just jump up out of nowhere and shoot people. I'm staring at mine right now, waiting for it to shoot me.

It is the crazies and the thugs that are the problem. Take away guns and they will use knives. Take a way knives and they will use rocks. Take away rocks and they will use their hands. Take away their .....

BuzznRose
11-09-2012, 19:44
Look at Chicago. Some of the toughest gun regulations in the country. Yet not a month goes by when there isn't crime committed by guns....

Month? Try day

stevelyn
11-09-2012, 20:09
Do they have the 2/3 vote to ratify this?

Given the number of squishy RINO republicans and independents, they have plenty.

countrygun
11-09-2012, 21:05

Had he banned anything?

IMO you are wrong,

we feared his second term, and the vest way to avoid it was to prevent a first one.

Some were concerned that he might try to set up some excuses in his first term, but of course he didn't build Fast and Furious, someone else built that

:whistling: