What?..no G-26? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What?..no G-26?

WXYZ
11-08-2012, 11:53
8 Great 9mm Pocket Pistols for Personal Defense

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/11/05/8-great-9mm-pocket-pistols-for-personal-defense/

skyboss_4evr
11-08-2012, 12:25
Seems kind of ridiculous to include new, unproven pistols in that list and NOT include the tried & true G26.

clarkz71
11-08-2012, 12:25
Strange.

Bruce M
11-08-2012, 12:36
I am going to guess that some company did not buy a full page advertisement in the latest issue.

dakrat
11-08-2012, 12:47
maybe its because its not a pocket pistol...

unless you are into baggy pants.

Reswob
11-08-2012, 12:48
You have to have REALLY big pockets for the G26 to be a pocket pistol. Looks like all the pistols in the article are small single stacks, just as it should be.

Person
11-08-2012, 13:43
I do not really consider the G26 a pocket pistol either. I could carry it in my cargo shorts but it is pretty blocky and not very comfortable.

FrankZ
11-09-2012, 07:45
Seems kind of ridiculous to include new, unproven pistols in that list and NOT include the tried & true G26.

These aticles are generally just a marketting pitch and usually have little reliability. They push the new to get the word out.

trekgod3
11-09-2012, 08:20
maybe its because its not a pocket pistol...

unless you are into baggy pants.

Exactly. Like having a brick in your front pocket. I carry my 27 IWB or ankle only.

Georg of Ohio
11-09-2012, 11:49
When you look at the size of these pistol, I can see why they left out the 26.I think that the 26 is a better choice, but in a IWB holster.

Giggity-Giggity
11-09-2012, 11:58
Haters gonna hate.

M24C
11-09-2012, 12:17
Seeing the G26 is the smallest gun I want to own (which I have). It is a gun I easily pocket carry and I'm not that big 5'8" 175#. So when people say its hard to pocket carry I just don't know what to say?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Travelin' Jack
11-09-2012, 12:28
Seeing the G26 is the smallest gun I want to own (which I have). It is a gun I easily pocket carry and I'm not that big 5'8" 175#. So when people say its hard to pocket carry I just don't know what to say? [/URL]

I'm a much bigger guy than you and I don't like pocket carrying my Glock 26. It conceals fine in my front pocket (I did it for a month or so before deciding it wasn't for me) but the weight of it causes my pocket to sink down when I was sitting and jostle excessively when I was walking quickly/jogging/etc. And while I don't even notice my LCP when pocket carrying, or my G26 while IWB, I sure don't forget it's there ever when pocket carrying.

It works, but it doesn't work well... for me.

mj9mm
11-09-2012, 12:34
looks to me like it was a "single stack" only comparison:whistling:

kevin1156
11-09-2012, 12:40
Hey, I can pocket carry my 26 in my back pocket and forget it is even there. I cut down an Uncle Mikes belt holster did a little sewing and it is very comfortable. I can draw the 26 very easily and it will not slip out. I have had many of the concealed pocket pistols and none of them can compare to the reliability or accuracy of my 26 and that is with the stock magazine grip. I have tried the extended grips and find the flat stock plate more than adequate. So to say the 26 is not a pocket gun is ludricous. Mine is easily concealed by any shirt.

MLittle
11-09-2012, 13:44
Hey, I can pocket carry my 26 in my back pocket and forget it is even there. I cut down an Uncle Mikes belt holster did a little sewing and it is very comfortable. I can draw the 26 very easily and it will not slip out. I have had many of the concealed pocket pistols and none of them can compare to the reliability or accuracy of my 26 and that is with the stock magazine grip. I have tried the extended grips and find the flat stock plate more than adequate. So to say the 26 is not a pocket gun is ludricous. Mine is easily concealed by any shirt.

I can carry my G26 in the front pocket of my Dockers with no problem. Now, it's not light like a Ruger LCR......but hey, it carries 10+1 of +p9mm. I haven't shot all of the single stack pocket 9's, but to me the Glock is much more shootable. I rented a Kel-Tec PF9 at my local range last year and WOW, was that painful. Hardly got through a box of ammunition. I routinely shoot two boxes through the 26 with no problem (and no pain). I'm with others here....the G26 is just about as small as I would go for a carry pistol.

Lampshade
11-09-2012, 13:47
The 26 is a great small gun that can be carried in the pocket.

A great pocket pistol, however, it is not.

Smokin45
11-09-2012, 13:57
The 26 is not a pocket pistol..

ThinkMud
11-09-2012, 14:43
A single stack 9 and 40 from Glock would sale great I bet. So many new single stacks on the market lately...

GThirtyTwo
11-09-2012, 17:04
Those pistols are all a bit different than a G26..

Two Guns
11-10-2012, 08:31
There is no way I can pocket carry my G26. Even if I get in my pocket, drawing it is a big pain in the *****.

Wreckshooter
11-10-2012, 08:59
Talking 27 here, not 26, but no way is it a pocket carry gun. It really bothers me that some are claiming it is because there is no way it can be carried safely and effectively in a pocket.

NailShooter
11-10-2012, 09:04
The 26 is not a pocket pistol..

MINE IS/HAS BEEN everyday for the past three yrs.

You gotta use the right holster (Alabama kydex) and a good belt (Wilderness) and it becomes nearly weightless. Much more comfy for me than IWB or OWB. Pants-jeans selection does come into play a little as the pockets have to be deep enough and a relaxed fit cut helps. And no, I don't weigh 250 lbs and wear Paul Bunyon sized pants, etc.

Nail

FYRELT
11-10-2012, 09:55
i carry my 26 in my pocket in the summer with shorts every day,got rid of my kahr pm9,i dont trust any thing but glocks.:wavey:

Wreckshooter
11-10-2012, 09:55
MINE IS/HAS BEEN everyday for the past three yrs.

You gotta use the right holster (Alabama kydex) and a good belt (Wilderness) and it becomes nearly weightless. Much more comfy for me than IWB or OWB. Pants-jeans selection does come into play a little as the pockets have to be deep enough and a relaxed fit cut helps. And no, I don't weigh 250 lbs and wear Paul Bunyon sized pants, etc.

Nail

Nail, issue is POCKET pistol, not OWB/IWB carry. You can carry an RPG with the right holster. The original article was about pocket pistols and why the G26 was not included. Consensus is it was not a slap against the G26 since the G26 is not a pocket pistol.

But in general I do not put much stock in magazine reviews of guns. They are too beholden to advertising dollars so critical reviews of guns are rare. They may 'damn with faint praise' but it is rare where you see an outright bad review of a gun in a magazine. I still have a couple of gun magazine subscriptions but mostly for bathroom or reading on a plane while I am travelling (take off and landing, got my smartphone, tablet, and Kindle for the rest of the flight). If I really want to know if a gun is worth picking up I either check it out online at a few sites I really respect, or find someone who has one and arrange a trip to the local range.

Redheadhunter21
11-10-2012, 15:48
Can I fit my 26 in my pocket....yes

But if you look at the guns from the article it's all single stack guns that are truly made for pocket carry. To say the 26 was made for pocket carry is a lie but it's not the impossible.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Photoman642
11-10-2012, 22:28
Guess I didn't get the memo that the G26 is not a pocket gun. Not the first time I've broken the rules and wont be the last...

cruzenchris
11-11-2012, 10:30
or maybe it wasnt included cause Glocks are falling off the charts in the past year or so. :crying:

dakrat
11-11-2012, 10:52
Guess I didn't get the memo that the G26 is not a pocket gun. Not the first time I've broken the rules and wont be the last...

its called fanboyism. it goes away quickly after purchased of a true pocket pistol.

dave27
11-11-2012, 11:05
Hell, I can't even pocket carry my PM9 let alone my G26. The PM9 works ok as long as I'm standing up but as soon as I sit down there is a large, obvious lump in my pocket. (using a Desantis Nemesis) Plus the draw is horribly slow compared to my usual method of carry.

If you can honestly pocket carry a 26 and it works that's awesome, but you're the exception, not the rule.

fastbolt
11-11-2012, 17:42
If you're comparing truly slim single-stack 9's for pocket-holster carry, it seems perfectly reasonable a rather fat double-stack pistol wasn't included.

I know a fellow who sometimes pocket holsters a G26. He wears pants with much larger & baggier pants than I typically wear.

I know another guy my general size & weight who went to pocket-holster carrying his G26 for his plainclothes assignment (around the office and for court appearances). It works well enough for him, but he selects dress slacks that have pleated waistbands and rather generously cut, large pockets.

Even when I wear some cargo shorts I selected for depth of front pockets (in which I could conceal any of my former issued duty pistols), the weight and thickness of my G26's & G27 mitigate against me carrying them that way.

In an inside breast pocket of some of my jackets & coats, sure, and in a couple of my custom leather riding vests made with reinforced holster pockets ... but not in any of my slacks or jeans. Too chunky. Too uncomfortable when sitting (outline pressed into my quad muscle) or walking (banging against my thigh).

I usually use on of my J-frames for pocket carry, but there are some jeans I wear which have front pockets that will properly conceal something like a Ruger LCP or a Bodyguard 380, but not my J. (Definitely not a LC9 or Shield 9.)

ca survivor
11-12-2012, 06:51
I am going to guess that some company did not buy a full page advertisement in the latest issue.
This ^^^^

Zertek
11-12-2012, 16:44
i carry my 26 in my pocket in the summer with shorts every day,got rid of my kahr pm9,i dont trust any thing but glocks.:wavey:

:agree:

Warp
11-12-2012, 16:46
The Glock 26 is not a "pocket pistol". Too big.