What's wrong with the picture used in the story. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the picture used in the story.

SFla27
11-08-2012, 14:28
http://news.yahoo.com/army-private-offers-lesser-plea-wikileaks-case-161120784.html

I know it's a military case, but whenever I see pictures of that treasonous bastard in uniform, I wish someone would just rip that uniform off him and put him in a prison jumpsuit.

Better yet, tar and feather him.

Substance over form. He has no %*@#%#$ right wearing something that represents the United States Military.

:steamed:

Dennis in MA
11-08-2012, 17:51
He's got a cool beret, tho.

dhoomonyou
11-08-2012, 20:09
He should be shot for treason.

8-Ball
11-08-2012, 20:23
It has been two years and five months since Manning's arrest. His arraignment came 635 days later

That's bull****.

The dude should eat a bullet, but he shouldn't have to wait that damn long for a trial.

8-Ball
11-08-2012, 20:24
He's got a cool beret, tho.

I hate those damn things. We need to get rid of them.

Tx-SIG229
11-08-2012, 20:29
is it normal for privates to be wearing dress blues these days?

rednoved
11-08-2012, 20:41
Quite upsetting.

WarCry
11-08-2012, 22:21
is it normal for privates to be wearing dress blues these days?

Class As are blue now, not green anymore.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png/510px-US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png

And even if it's taking too long and it leaves a bad taste, he is still innocent until proven. And, in a military trial for a military member, where a civilian would be in suit, a military member wears their uniform.

I know there's a rush to judgment, but this case - much like the Hasan/Hood case needed to be handled STRICTLY by the book, to make sure and avoid any reason an appeal would stand up.

SFla27
11-09-2012, 07:51
Class As are blue now, not green anymore.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png/510px-US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png

And even if it's taking too long and it leaves a bad taste, he is still innocent until proven. And, in a military trial for a military member, where a civilian would be in suit, a military member wears their uniform.

I know there's a rush to judgment, but this case - much like the Hasan/Hood case needed to be handled STRICTLY by the book, to make sure and avoid any reason an appeal would stand up.

Agreed. The process must be adhered to.

However, according to the article, Manning's doing the plea deal thing:

"...Manning would acknowledge he sent WikiLeaks hundreds of thousands of classified Iraq and Afghanistan war reports and State Department diplomatic cables, but wouldn't plead guilty to aiding the enemy or to violations of federal espionage and computer laws.

It is the first indication that the 24-year-old intelligence analyst will publicly acknowledge he leaked the records..."

Hence, the original post and related sentiment.

WarCry
11-09-2012, 08:34
Agreed. The process must be adhered to.

However, according to the article, Manning's doing the plea deal thing:

"...Manning would acknowledge he sent WikiLeaks hundreds of thousands of classified Iraq and Afghanistan war reports and State Department diplomatic cables, but wouldn't plead guilty to aiding the enemy or to violations of federal espionage and computer laws.

It is the first indication that the 24-year-old intelligence analyst will publicly acknowledge he leaked the records..."

Hence, the original post and related sentiment.

I understand the sentiment, 100%, absolutely. I guess my thing has always been let the process go as needed, and once the judge (or presiding officer, whatever the term of the moment is) bangs the gavel, it will be that much more meaningful when he's made to take it off for the last time.