LWD Recoil Rod Falling out of G20 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LWD Recoil Rod Falling out of G20

atyszka
11-08-2012, 14:56
Maybe this is normal and nothing to worry about, but I've not seen it happen with any of my other (5) Glocks, so I'm not so sure.

I purchased a LWD SS recoil rod to run stronger springs with hot 10mm loads, and the rod seems a hair short, because when removing the slide for disassembly, the rod doesn't keep tension on the barrel and can fall right out.

I have a Jager SS rod in my 35 Unlimited gun and stays in just like the stock RSA, this is a first for me.

Is this normal and "ok"?

Thanks
Art

Butch
11-08-2012, 16:37
It falls out when you field strip the gun....right?

It's not uncommon in the big frame guns (G20/21). The end of the rod simply does not hook into the assembly notch on the barrel (where you put it to assemble it) again when the slide comes off.

No, it does not stay in the notch during use....it has to push against the frame to push the slide closed.

atyszka
11-08-2012, 16:51
Butch, exactly right, it falls out when field stripping it. The stock RSA (Gen 3) seems to be a tad short too, but the plastic end seems to "hook" the slide a bit more and stays in when field stripping. Once assembled, it cycles, the slide stays closed and shoots fine.

So nothing to worry about in your opinion?

Butch
11-08-2012, 17:02
So nothing to worry about in your opinion?
Correct! If it works, it doesn't need fixin! But that was most likely also the case with the original factory assembly too.... :)

What part of Minnesota are you in?

atyszka
11-08-2012, 17:55
Butch, thanks for the insight, always appreciate it.

I'm in Plymouth, and I belong to and shoot at a club in Cokato and the Delano Sportsman Club. Other than dominating the GSSF match at Oakdale, how about you?

RYT 2BER
11-09-2012, 16:24
Happens all the time with my g20 and my g24

dango
11-09-2012, 16:32
Happens all the time with my g20 and my g24

At first ,I thought the length had something to do with it but I then bought the stainless spring and still , sometimes falls out ,sometimes not, no big deal.........! :cool: