So looting is okay now? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So looting is okay now?

Morris
11-08-2012, 16:04
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ready-nypd-officer-looting-is-acceptable-if-youre-looting-for-your-baby-or-your-family/

No, Ofc. DiCarlo. It isn't.

sheriff733
11-08-2012, 16:12
Sure it is.

They do it every couple weeks on my paycheck.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

blueiron
11-08-2012, 16:31
It is if you are in the disadvantaged classes.

nikerret
11-08-2012, 17:20
If you're starving and a damaged store is there, with no one to take your money, I can understand taking food. Is it right, no. Is ending up in the hospital or morgue due to a lack of food right (when there is food accessible)? I still say "no".

If you are in jeapardy of going down, and have a way to save yourself, please do. I would rather see you stealing to suvive than have to carry you to medical help becasue you refused to "steal".

When things are that dire, common sene and survival trumps law and possession.

old_pigpen
11-08-2012, 17:35

+1

"Disadvantaged classes" being defined as anyone who believes they have less than you do.

gsp174
11-08-2012, 18:01
I bet his handcuffs don't work, and he doesn't even know it.

Dukeboy01
11-08-2012, 18:57
Meh. The theory of "lesser evils" applies. Allowing yourself or your family to starve or freeze to death because you don't want to steal a loaf of bread or a blanket in a crisis situation like the aftermath of a hurricane would be a greater evil than stealing the supplies. The totality of circumstances would also have to apply.

Morris
11-08-2012, 21:43
Meh. The theory of "lesser evils" applies. Allowing yourself or your family to starve or freeze to death because you don't want to steal a loaf of bread or a blanket in a crisis situation like the aftermath of a hurricane would be a greater evil than stealing the supplies. The totality of circumstances would also have to apply.

Except in this case, resources are in place and the victims had significant warning of the disaster.

If this had been an EMP strike or something like that where help wasn't coming, maybe, and that is a distant one for me.

racer11
11-08-2012, 22:58
If you're starving and a damaged store is there, with no one to take your money, I can understand taking food. Is it right, no. Is ending up in the hospital or morgue due to a lack of food right (when there is food accessible)? I still say "no".

If you are in jeapardy of going down, and have a way to save yourself, please do. I would rather see you stealing to suvive than have to carry you to medical help becasue you refused to "steal".

Right on Nicker !

lawman800
11-08-2012, 23:19
+1

"Disadvantaged classes" being defined as anyone who believes they have less than you do.

Negative. Disadvantaged class who are entitled to take what they want from you is now defined as anyone who votes Democrat, even if they are richer than you. Except they do it by taxation, not physically stealing.

dre23
11-08-2012, 23:34
Except in this case, resources are in place and the victims had significant warning of the disaster.

If this had been an EMP strike or something like that where help wasn't coming, maybe, and that is a distant one for me.

As for the significant warning part I have never lived or visited those states. I was born and lived most of my life in Alabama and if weather man mentioned a possibility of snow a week out in a matter of hours grocery stores were wiped clean of all non perishable items and even some perishable items and would remain so for the rest of the week. Keep in mind for Alabama snow usually means 1-2" and melts as soon as the sun comes up. I live in Florida now and have been through several hurricanes and same circumstances on supplies to some degree. I personally try to be ready for hurricanes when there is chance of one coming my way, but if I had a choice of stealing or my family starving I will steal. I probably would keep list of what I take and visit the store when up and running to pay them. I have on several occasions left a store and realized they gave me back to change and walked back in to return it. I also have a couple of times walked out and realized a small item that covered by a jacket or was under cart and didn't get charged for it, Every time I turned around and got back in line to pay for it. I am not a thief but to save my family I would be.

racer11
11-08-2012, 23:50
As for the significant warning part I have never lived or visited those states. I was born and lived most of my life in Alabama and if weather man mentioned a possibility of snow a week out in a matter of hours grocery stores were wiped clean of all non perishable items and even some perishable items and would remain so for the rest of the week. Keep in mind for Alabama snow usually means 1-2" and melts as soon as the sun comes up. I live in Florida now and have been through several hurricanes and same circumstances on supplies to some degree. I personally try to be ready for hurricanes when there is chance of one coming my way, but if I had a choice of stealing or my family starving I will steal. I probably would keep list of what I take and visit the store when up and running to pay them. I have on several occasions left a store and realized they gave me back to change and walked back in to return it. I also have a couple of times walked out and realized a small item that covered by a jacket or was under cart and didn't get charged for it, Every time I turned around and got back in line to pay for it. I am not a thief but to save my family I would be.

They act like that in Alabama over 2'' of snow,,,that is difficult to imagine. Watching the traffic would be pretty funny, I would think.

scottydl
11-09-2012, 00:17
Nobody in America is going to starve. Okay maybe not NOBODY, but in terms of statistics we'd be looking at an tiny number of all those affected ... and I'm sure there would be some other circumstances (elderly, alone, unable to call for help, etc). We're not talking 3rd-World conditions here. Ever notice how our "poor" are among the most overweight in society? Food shortage is not generally an issue in the U.S.

lawman800
11-09-2012, 06:02
Nobody in America is going to starve. Okay maybe not NOBODY, but in terms of statistics we'd be looking at an tiny number of all those affected ... and I'm sure there would be some other circumstances (elderly, alone, unable to call for help, etc). We're not talking 3rd-World conditions here. Ever notice how our "poor" are among the most overweight in society? Food shortage is not generally an issue in the U.S.

Then you get the race pimps saying it's racist because the poor have to eat low quality fattening foods while the rich pay a lot of money for the expensive healthy foods... and disregard the diet habit, not the diet. You can choose not to supersize or eat everything on the plate, you know.

Whatever, you can't win in America because the blame game is ingrained in society and excuses are easier to give than actually working and doing something with your life.

enukis
11-09-2012, 06:17
I don't want to debate whether looting is acceptable in certain instances - we can argue all day over that point.

One thing that isn't up for debate is the fact that the NYPD will make officer DiCarlo regret giving that statement.

gsp174
11-09-2012, 08:27
I don't want to debate whether looting is acceptable in certain instances - we can argue all day over that point.

One thing that isn't up for debate is the fact that the NYPD will make officer DiCarlo regret giving that statement.

They should he is an fool. No one was starving or thirsty, I would go for people being cold. But that is all. This is where society can break down and DiCarlo is supposed to be the one who holds the line. Good Luck with that one.

lawman800
11-09-2012, 09:24

As well they should. Heavily.

LASTRESORT20
11-09-2012, 09:35

+1

Yup! Its the Liberal way....Gots ta keep their voters happy!

ICARRY2
11-10-2012, 17:56

I agree. There is a difference between looting to feed yourself and family when no other options to eat are practical and looting 55" flat screen tvs.

One is understandable, one is not.

packsaddle
11-10-2012, 18:48
over the next four years america will become desensitized to looting, riots, home invastions, and, essentially, crime in general.

we already have to an extent.

A6Gator
11-12-2012, 18:04
It's not "looting", it's now called "wealth redistribution." :supergrin:

lawman800
11-12-2012, 18:06
It's not "looting", it's now called "wealth redistribution." :supergrin:

It's involuntary direct charitable donation.

vafish
11-12-2012, 18:29
The bible is pretty specific that it is ok to steal food if you are starving. But you have to pay back 7 times what you stole.

The officer is right if someone is stealing food because they are starving it us not a crime, but someone stealing TVs should be arrested.

If I were NYPD and I caught someone looting food I would write down their name ans what they took, tell them they need to pay back when the store is up and running. Then follow up with the store later.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

concretefuzzynuts
11-12-2012, 18:37
Not if you come into my neighborhood. Or this neighborhood, I would guess:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/Untitled1.jpg

blueiron
11-12-2012, 19:02
If I were NYPD and I caught someone looting food I would write down their name ans what they took, tell them they need to pay back when the store is up and running. Then follow up with the store later.

We don't enforce creditors' claims.

Cops in a disaster zone don't have the time to adjudicate civil matters or religious based theories.

lawman800
11-12-2012, 22:53
We don't enforce creditors' claims.

Cops in a disaster zone don't have the time to adjudicate civil matters or religious based theories.

QFT:upeyes:

TK-421
11-12-2012, 22:57
Gasoline will be available to drivers with license plate numbers ending in an odd number starting Friday morning. Drivers with plate numbers ending in an even number can gas up on Saturday.

So what about the people with vanity plates that end in a letter? Are they just left without gas?

JasonC8301
11-13-2012, 07:18
So what about the people with vanity plates that end in a letter? Are they just left without gas?

Vanity plates/letters = odd.

packsaddle
11-13-2012, 07:21
people with vanity plates = odd.

A6Gator
11-13-2012, 08:46
It's involuntary direct charitable donation.

Besides, they're entitled. The store they're pilfering didn't build that...:supergrin:

Kingarthurhk
11-13-2012, 17:05
The bible is pretty specific that it is ok to steal food if you are starving. But you have to pay back 7 times what you stole.

The officer is right if someone is stealing food because they are starving it us not a crime, but someone stealing TVs should be arrested.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Provbers 30:7-9, “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God."

Morris
11-13-2012, 17:09
Again, it was not as if this weather event was sudden like the Joplin tornado. This was well advertised, well broadcasted and people had plenty of time to stockpile food.

MRE's are being handed out by the pallet load.

There is no reason for folks to be looting in something like this.

concretefuzzynuts
11-13-2012, 18:22
How do you cook a flat screen tv and what does it taste like?