Diane Feinstein moves to ban assault rifles, magazines and pistol grips [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Diane Feinstein moves to ban assault rifles, magazines and pistol grips

old_pigpen
11-08-2012, 17:44
http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/07/senator-dianne-feinstein-moves-to-ban-all-assault-rifles-high-capacity-magazines-and-pistol-grips/

And don't even think that any future AWB wouldn't affect LEOs. I remember a deputy friend of mine buying a pinned stock, no flash hider AR for use on duty during the AWB.

Liberals don't like cops to have guns, except of course when the cops are acting as their body guards.... :whistling:

Ftttu
11-08-2012, 17:57
In a society where BHO can tell the crowds he has cut the deficit during his administration and they believe it, more of these gun grab laws will take hold. They politicized the Jared Loughner sentencing phase today stating about regulation of guns.

(by the way, over $1,000,000,000,000.00 added to the deficit per year for the last four years is cutting......I guess it is the new progressive math our children have learned in school and that I'll never understand)

blueiron
11-08-2012, 18:07
So who wants to buy my firearms before it's too late?

concretefuzzynuts
11-08-2012, 18:09
Please write your congressman or your closest pro-gun politician to express your opinion on this matter.

I wrote my congressman on the subject. As an example, here is what I wrote, you may use this or any form of this. They need to hear how we feel.

"Mr. Rigell,

First, congratulations on your win. It's too bad we couldn't do better overall but such is life.

Senator Feinstein is writing new law in regards to gun control/ban. I implore you to oppose this and encourage all in the House to oppose this intrusive law. You are our last defense in keeping our 2nd amendment rights.

Also if President Obama tries to sign an executive order in enact such a ban, please do whatever possible to block that order.

These rights are not to be removed by one man or one party.

So-called assault weapons are used in a very small percentage of crime, being used in less than one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law.

Thank you for taking time to read this and a reply would be nice so I know you have received my e-mail.

Sincerely,"

Also, to all you gun owners who voted for Obama. You helped bring this on us all.

RetailNinja
11-08-2012, 18:13
How many democrats are in the chambers now that were around in 1994 and remember what happened then? Any Dem touching this (except for those who represent the very liberal bastions) might as well be pulling the ejection lever.

Kingarthurhk
11-08-2012, 18:45
Diane Frankenstein doesn't have the necessary votes to pass a law.

Ruggles
11-08-2012, 18:47

She has been trying this crap for years and years. I agree she will not have the votes. I really don't like that lady :rofl:

razdog76
11-08-2012, 19:13
I believe that one of them mopes propose a bill about annually, and then it gets pigeon holed.

jdavionic
11-08-2012, 19:20

Yea, right...you can depend on those Republicans :whistling:

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 19:21
I'm no political expert, but I have to wonder what our pig-in-chief might try to pull off via executive order.

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 19:22
Buck Farack.

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 19:23
I suspect the Good Lord may very well be setting this country up for a painful lesson.

Buck....... Oh, never mind.

jdavionic
I'm no political expert, but I have to wonder what our pig-in-chief might try to pull off via executive order.

I hope they decide to take them all away. It will help speed up the inevitable.

DaBigBR
If I were a betting man, I would bet against any success with such a ban attempt. Something gets written up almost every year and never goes anywhere. The 1994 was a battle won on the way to losing a war for its liberal crafters, and one thing that I know, as does everyone else, is that there will be no incumbent president running next term.

concretefuzzynuts
11-08-2012, 19:28
Is this to be a wait and see moment? It's easy to complain afterwards but somehow hard to step up and fight for our rights.

brisk21
11-08-2012, 19:39
I wish all sorts of bad things on feinstein. Things I can't speak of.

Glockdude1
11-08-2012, 19:48
She has been trying this crap for years and years. I agree she will not have the votes. I really don't like that lady :rofl:

:agree:

captcurly
11-08-2012, 20:14
She is not even a lady but she certainly is a useless slug. The country might even be a little bit better if she just went away. I do believe that any gun owner,shooter or anyone into CCW who voted for Obama will get what they deserve. It is unfortunate that we will also suffer. I will never turn my weapons into the Federal Gov't. I am now 70yrs old and do not give a crap anymore.

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 21:01
I wish all sorts of bad things on feinstein. Things I can't speak of.

Don't let it eat you up. You're letting her control you. Rest assured, she will get what is coming to her.

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 21:01
**** Feinstein.

Ruggles
11-08-2012, 21:04
Look at the replies in the linked stories, took all of 5 replies to blame the Jews. Crap those Jews sure are busy, they are behind every evil act in the world. :rofl:

I had take out Mexican food for dinner, it was cold when I got home and they forgot my wife's rice. Damn Jews!!! :rofl:

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 21:11
Look at the replies in the linked stories, took all of 5 replies to blame the Jews. Crap those Jews sure are busy, they are behind every evil act in the world. :rofl:

I had take out Mexican food for dinner, it was cold when I got home and they forgot my wife's rice. Damn Jews!!! :rofl:

Rumor has it that the neo-Pagan, former Libertarian Jews are especially crafty. :rofl:

Morris
11-08-2012, 21:35
I'm so crafty, the Christians at Hobby Lobby love me.

Ruggles
11-08-2012, 21:41
Rumor has it that the neo-Pagan, former Libertarian Jews are especially crafty. :rofl:

:rofl:

Ruggles
11-08-2012, 21:42

Oh they will discover you evil plot and desires...they will I tell you! :supergrin:

Morris
11-08-2012, 21:52
What, me worry?

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/mpbluenw/IMG_0495-1.jpg

Ruggles
11-08-2012, 22:04
What, me worry?

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/mpbluenw/IMG_0495-1.jpg

Hoarder!!!! Panic Buyer!!!!! Maybe you should use the dreaded "HPB" scarlet letter as you avatar.

Vigilant
11-08-2012, 22:05

Rumor has it that those same Christians also love athlete's foot. :supergrin:

indigent
11-08-2012, 22:45
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/mbimrie/illinoisnazi.jpg

Patchman
11-08-2012, 23:08

:rofl::rofl:

I've always wondered those people who can get the impossible done is because they have "juice," or because they have "Jews." It's a homonym mystery. :whistling:

lawman800
11-08-2012, 23:16
If I were a betting man, I would bet against any success with such a ban attempt. Something gets written up almost every year and never goes anywhere. The 1994 was a battle won on the way to losing a war for its liberal crafters, and one thing that I know, as does everyone else, is that there will be no incumbent president running next term.

You're assuming the term limits for presidents will still be in place by then.:whistling:

RetailNinja
11-09-2012, 02:53

This. Good thing the author pointed that out in big bold lettering, and wasn't trying to induce any panic buying or repeat the lunacy, idiocy, moronacy, that NRAtards propogated from 2008-2010.

countsk
11-09-2012, 03:25
And the wife gave me the stink eye for buying several hundreds of dollars worth of ammo and high capacity mags a few weeks ago. Of course, I'll probably lose it all in a boating accident eventually.

lawman800
11-09-2012, 05:23
And the wife gave me the stink eye for buying several hundreds of dollars worth of ammo and high capacity mags a few weeks ago. Of course, I'll probably lose it all in a boating accident eventually.

I never make it home with all my purchases intact when I go to the gun store... probably because I always take my leaky boat instead of my car.

Arc Angel
11-09-2012, 06:13
:upeyes: You guys are all worried about nothing! I've developed a diabolically clever plan to exempt all my guns from any future prohibitive legislation. .......

I'm painting everything pink! :supergrin:

merlynusn
11-09-2012, 08:50
I don't see them actually passing an AWB. However, in the second debate, President Obama said he wanted an AWB. I can see them trying it through the UN Arms Trade Treaty more than anything else, which the US has said they support (once the election was over). If I remember correctly, the Senate ratifies treaties.

lawman800
11-09-2012, 09:25
But treaties still do not supersede the Constitution.

Morris
11-09-2012, 12:42
But treaties still do not supersede the Constitution.

At this point in history . . .

old_pigpen
11-09-2012, 16:30
Buck Farack.

And his Wookie Mooshelle too! :rofl:

I bought 60 round of 5.56 on the way home tonight. I smiled at the thought of making a liberal mad :)

oldman11
11-09-2012, 16:35
Don't kid yourself, she was behind a lot of this type of stuff in California and it all got passed. And now she has Obama to help her get this across.

t4terrific
11-09-2012, 16:38
Today, I went to Walmart to replace the 200 rounds I used this morning. (I don't like my stock to dwindle, so I always replace what I shoot.) It was weird to see zero .22 ammo left. The .223 was all gone too, but that was no surprise.

Why the run on .22 in particular? There was 9mm, .45 auto, and .40 left in Tul and most of the other brands. Why no .22 though? If people are worried about bans, I'd think the .22's would be the very last thing the feds would go after.

t4terrific
11-09-2012, 16:42
:upeyes: You guys are all worried about nothing! I've developed a diabolically clever plan to exempt all my guns from any future prohibitive legislation. .......

I'm painting everything pink! :supergrin:

Perfect!! Get the feminists on your side and no lib will come within a hundred miles of trying to take your stuff.

t4terrific
11-09-2012, 16:49
**** Feinstein.

Fuhk her up her stupid a$s!

concretefuzzynuts
11-09-2012, 16:56
Today, I went to Walmart to replace the 200 rounds I used this morning. (I don't like my stock to dwindle, so I always replace what I shoot.) It was weird to see zero .22 ammo left. The .223 was all gone too, but that was no surprise.

Why the run on .22 in particular? There was 9mm, .45 auto, and .40 left in Tul and most of the other brands. Why no .22 though? If people are worried about bans, I'd think the .22's would be the very last thing the feds would go after.

Somebody's breaking in a Walther P22. :rofl:

lawman800
11-09-2012, 22:51

I bought 60 round of 5.56 on the way home tonight. I smiled at the thought of making a liberal mad :)

You should drive around a liberal neighborhood and just randomly place a dummy round (like those on keychains) around the area and see how many of them faint from heart attacks at the sight of it all.

RetailNinja
11-09-2012, 23:25

You disappointed this one buy getting only 60 rounds :rofl:

UPS man just dropped off 500rds 9x18 and 2400rds of 7.62 Nato.

This Lib smiled at making the UPS guy mad :rofl:

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 05:26
Yea, right...you can depend on those Republicans :whistling:

There is gridlock. If you had a Democrat supermajority like before, then I would say, there would be a concern. But, the bill would not make it through the House.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 05:27
Hoarder!!!! Panic Buyer!!!!! Maybe you should use the dreaded "HPB" scarlet letter as you avatar.

I don't see anything wrong with that. My philosophy is I like 6 magaiznes per hand gun. Why? I was issued 6 when I first got into law enforcement, so it has been my preferred number of magazines.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 05:30

The Ruger .22 that breaks in half has become popular. Also, you can carry a lot more .22 than other ammunition. I attriibute that trend tot that.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 05:31

UPS man just dropped off 500rds 9x18 and 2400rds of 7.62 Nato.

This Lib smiled at making the UPS guy mad :rofl:

I already have like 2k 7.62x39 and as much if not more .223. I don't invision using it up anyttime soon.

old_pigpen
11-10-2012, 06:01

It was all I could afford right now. Money is tight, thanks to four years of Obama. :steamed:

Seriously, now that he was reelected I have two very good chances of losing my non-LE day job next year. If I somehow manage not to lose my job, I can expect a $10,000 pay cut by June.

To quote Vigilant: Buck Farack!

old_pigpen
11-10-2012, 06:04
Fuhk her up her stupid a$s!

Not even with YOUR winkie! :supergrin:

walkin' trails
11-10-2012, 10:55
Wonder how much money Feinstein's stock portfolio is earning off of ammo manufacturers and gun companies that manufacture ARs? The one thing the libs do consistently is prostitute themselves for financial gain.

I would not worry so much about a new ban during the next two years. What I'd be more concerned about is the left's ability to manipulate voters and the 2014 outcome and impose upon us a pre 1994 congress that just doesn't care. In my own red state, which held for Romney and Republicans, the gap between Romney and Obama was surprisingly narrow indicating there are a lot more idiots around me than I realize, or somehow they managed to increase voter fraud despite the voter ID law.

lawman800
11-10-2012, 11:50
Wonder how much money Feinstein's stock portfolio is earning off of ammo manufacturers and gun companies that manufacture ARs? The one thing the libs do consistently is prostitute themselves for financial gain.

I would not worry so much about a new ban during the next two years. What I'd be more concerned about is the left's ability to manipulate voters and the 2014 outcome and impose upon us a pre 1994 congress that just doesn't care. In my own red state, which held for Romney and Republicans, the gap between Romney and Obama was surprisingly narrow indicating there are a lot more idiots around me than I realize, or somehow they managed to increase voter fraud despite the voter ID law.

Fraud knows no bounds... fake ID's are easy to make, and absentee ballot requests have no ID requirement.

FireForged
11-10-2012, 12:02
I think that the only way a new AWB can be enacted would be by executive order. I really dont think Obama would be willing to do it in that manner.

MRex21
11-10-2012, 12:03
I think that the only way a new AWB can be enacted would be by executive order. I really dont think Obama would be willing to do it in that manner.

I want to believe that. I really do.

ateamer
11-10-2012, 12:39
Why do people keep voting for Finkelswine? She and the joker haven't done a damned thing for California.

MRex21
11-10-2012, 13:31
It's no more than sheer numbers. There's more liberals in the San Fransicko and Los Angeles areas than there are in all of the rural areas in the state.

They just have more.

Morris
11-10-2012, 20:05
It's no more than sheer numbers. There's more liberals in the San Fransicko and Los Angeles areas than there are in all of the rural areas in the state.

They just have more.

Same for Washington and Oregon.

lawman800
11-10-2012, 22:17
Even NY... upstate and other regions are very conservative, but NYC just dominates the whole state's politics.

I was so mad... I cast my votes (paper ballot with markers) at 1930 hours, and by 2100 hours, they already called it for the state for Obama... and I know they haven't even bothered counting my ballots. Why do they even let us vote then? To give the pretense that we have a say?

NEOH212
11-10-2012, 22:28

If I was a betting woman, I'd be willing to bet they would have one hell of a bloody time enforcing it should it be passed.:whistling:

NEOH212
11-10-2012, 22:29
Buck Farack.

Amen! :wavey:

Vigilant
11-10-2012, 23:19
Amen! :wavey:

:wavey:

Poohgyrr
11-11-2012, 02:46
We shouldn't be surprised; renewing the ban is part of the Democratic platform and they have been after this forever.

FWIW; computers can count without any problem - but when they print out the "total number", it can be any number you tell the computer to print.

And remember that the media, and all the political parties, are not discussing quite a few things that have been happening.

Oppressive Governments always control weapons, the media, and education.

Bad people have always been around, and eternal vigilance is part of the price of freedom.

I need a donut and cup of coffee..............

Deployment Solu
11-11-2012, 07:41
[QUOTE=old_pigpen;19613477]And his Wookie Mooshelle too! :rofl:

Hey!! Hey!! How can you insult Wookies like that?? Didn't you see Star Wars??LOL!!!

steveksux
11-11-2012, 08:16
Even NY... upstate and other regions are very conservative, but NYC just dominates the whole state's politics.

I was so mad... I cast my votes (paper ballot with markers) at 1930 hours, and by 2100 hours, they already called it for the state for Obama... and I know they haven't even bothered counting my ballots. Why do they even let us vote then? To give the pretense that we have a say?
I feel your pain. But honestly, it's California. I could have called it for Obama at 19:35 hours. On Jan 21, 2008... Doesn't it always go Dem? I just assumed, as liberal as everyone says it is... Although I guess it's had Repub governor before....

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

lawman800
11-11-2012, 08:23
[QUOTE=old_pigpen;19613477]And his Wookie Mooshelle too! :rofl:

Hey!! Hey!! How can you insult Wookies like that?? Didn't you see Star Wars??LOL!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GzWDTcSwxkg/TKdcCJ5u5xI/AAAAAAAAARs/8VEe9WAmwmA/s400/wookies.jpg

merlynusn
11-11-2012, 08:56

Short answer, Yes. Elections give the people hope as opposed to understanding it's all preordained. Can you imagine if you didn't have that small sliver of hope that it would matter? It would break down the system just because people would get pissed off they didn't have a say.

lawman800
11-11-2012, 09:01
Short answer, Yes. Elections give the people hope as opposed to understanding it's all preordained. Can you imagine if you didn't have that small sliver of hope that it would matter? It would break down the system just because people would get pissed off they didn't have a say.

They made it pretty obvious this time, didn't they?

merlynusn
11-11-2012, 09:02
They made it pretty obvious this time, didn't they?

Yes they did. But this is also the first time in a while that people are really aware of it. That's why the next few years are going to be interesting.

Clutch Cargo
11-11-2012, 11:36
Don't let it eat you up. You're letting her control you. Rest assured, she will get what is coming to her.

THAT could get enough votes to pass a law.

JuneyBooney
11-11-2012, 20:56
How many democrats are in the chambers now that were around in 1994 and remember what happened then? Any Dem touching this (except for those who represent the very liberal bastions) might as well be pulling the ejection lever.

Tha problem is that people don't have long memories. They forget and then they have to be hit with a hammer again. :whistling:

Vigilant
11-11-2012, 22:48
Tha problem is that people don't have long memories. They forget and then they have to be hit with a hammer again. :whistling:

There you go, talking about me again. :steamed:

:rofl:

Vigilant
11-11-2012, 22:48
Wait for it........

Buck Farack.

Newcop761
11-11-2012, 23:13
Buck Farack and Beinstein.

:steamed:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

25pd
11-12-2012, 20:29
I'm in 100 % agreement w/ captcurly!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeh!!!!!!!:wavey:

old_pigpen
11-13-2012, 18:18

I apologize to any Wookies that I offended when I said Mooshelle Obama was one of you :supergrin:

douggmc
11-14-2012, 09:39
In a society where BHO can tell the crowds he has cut the deficit during his administration and they believe it, more of these gun grab laws will take hold. They politicized the Jared Loughner sentencing phase today stating about regulation of guns.

(by the way, over $1,000,000,000,000.00 added to the deficit per year for the last four years is cutting......I guess it is the new progressive math our children have learned in school and that I'll never understand)

You don't know the difference between the national debt and the deficit ... and you are calling out society as dumb? :upeyes:

Agreed .. +1.

Yeah ... I wouldn't get worked up. There is batship legislation proposed all the time by batchip legislators. Any legislator can do so ... it doesn't mean it will even make it out of committee.

Hamrhed
11-14-2012, 20:46
Diane Frankenstein at it again? Molon Labe...

Ruggles
11-14-2012, 21:52
Ole Diane clearly needs to get laid. One of you guys needs to cowboy up and take one for the team.....I would but I am out of those little blue pills......

Cadcom
11-14-2012, 23:46
How about we ban brooms and ground this #$%#?

CJStudent
11-15-2012, 00:14

:laughabove: :rofl: :perfect10:

Glockdude1
11-15-2012, 07:01

http://odmgrp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/GEICO-Witch-Commercial-Happier-Than-a-Witch-in-a-Broom-Factory.jpg

:cool: