11-08-2012, 22:54
Very cool

airmotive
11-08-2012, 23:08
:agree:
but I have my own collection:whistling:

mac66
11-09-2012, 17:20
So these guys or guy takes pictures of places where people crashed and died? Why? So they can put them on the internet to exploit the dead? Kind of sick IMO.

11-09-2012, 18:05
So these guys or guy takes pictures of places where people crashed and died? Why? So they can put them on the internet to exploit the dead? Kind of sick IMO.
Guess we shouldn't visit shipwrecks and take pictures that's where people died because they'll be exploited.
We shouldn't visit battlefields and take pictures, that's where people died and they'll be exploited.
We shouldn't visit cemeteries, like Normandy, that's where the war dead are buried and will be exploited.
We shouldn't visit WTC site and take pictures, that's where people died and will be exploited. :upeyes:

bunk22
11-09-2012, 18:30
Neat site. No pics of dead bodies that I saw. Crash sites only. I've seen pics of wrecks at Iwo Jima, was that bad?

HollowHead
11-09-2012, 19:56

Well damn! Now I feel bad for visiting Omaha Beach, St. Lo, Bastogne, Remagen and Malmedy, etc. and taking photos for various websites. HH

HollowHead
11-09-2012, 20:06
This B-17F's a day trip for me and have been there twice. Still strewn with wreakage. HH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomber_Mountain

AZLawDawg
11-09-2012, 21:01
Well damn! Now I feel bad for visiting Omaha Beach, St. Lo, Bastogne, Remagen and Malmedy, etc. and taking photos for various websites. HH

Holy $#%@! That's quite the record, I'd love to walk any one of those places.

HollowHead
11-09-2012, 21:18
Holy $#%@! That's quite the record, I'd love to walk any one of those places.

Say what you will about the French, but I was particularly struck by the reverence the people of Malmedy paid to the massacre site. It's next to a news stand (at least is was twenty years ago when I was there) and it looked like the field was cut by hand with scissors. HH

F14Scott
11-09-2012, 21:25
Plus, a lot of those guys punched out and lived.

ysr_racer
11-09-2012, 23:23
cool pictures. who owns all the junk left on the ground?

airmotive
11-10-2012, 04:51
cool pictures. who owns all the junk left on the ground?

Either: The operator of the aircraft (military or corporate), the owner of the aircraft (family, estate or in many cases, an LLC), or the insurance company.

They're also generally held responsible for returning the land to whatever condition it was in prior to the crash. So fuel spills, downed trees etc all need to be cleaned up.

In these cases...there was probably no money to do the work, or the aircraft was missing for so long that all the money behind the aircraft went away long before it was ever found. So now it belongs to the land owner. It seems most of these crashes were on federal lands...

RWBlue
11-10-2012, 08:28
Either: The operator of the aircraft (military or corporate), the owner of the aircraft (family, estate or in many cases, an LLC), or the insurance company.

They're also generally held responsible for returning the land to whatever condition it was in prior to the crash. So fuel spills, downed trees etc all need to be cleaned up.

In these cases...there was probably no money to do the work, or the aircraft was missing for so long that all the money behind the aircraft went away long before it was ever found. So now it belongs to the land owner. It seems most of these crashes were on federal lands...

I find it interesting that it is illegal to clean up one of the sites where the military plane went down. BTW, This site no one died.

Adjuster
11-10-2012, 08:54

I drive on I95 everyday???

/

aircarver
11-10-2012, 09:51
Dang.
I've been in aviation too long when I can recognize parts from such a wide variety of makes and models I've been associated with over the years ... :wow:

The Pipers are cautionary for me: Don't add yours to the parts pile ... :alex:

Sgt. Rambo
11-10-2012, 09:53
Very cool site, but the scrapper in me was salivating at all that metal just left to rot!! Titanium in some of those more modern planes... $$$$... Good stuff.

vart
11-10-2012, 10:14
Wow! Awesome site! I'd love to find one near me and go check it out...