My pick for Republican president in 2016! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My pick for Republican president in 2016!

M&P Shooter
11-08-2012, 19:50
I think this man would make a awesome president!

Lt. Col. Allen West | This is Our America - YouTube

unit1069
11-08-2012, 20:13
Many people believe that Romney's biggest mistake this year was passing up Marco Rubio as his running mate. It would have solidified a significant number of Hispanic votes.

I think Rubio is a front-runner for the 2016 nomination as things stand now. He's educated in the intent of the Founders' vision of America and he's able to articulate his ideological/personal and constitutional values.

unit1069
11-08-2012, 20:15

Lt. Col. Allen West | This is Our America - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41R8yurBgM)

Perhaps so, but unfortunately he lost his House seat and will be out of the spotlight because the Radical Left media will refuse to acknowledge him.

jdavionic
11-08-2012, 20:16
He's an Uncle Tom! He's ex-military...we all know what "they" are like. No way!

Restless28
11-08-2012, 20:16
The ship has sailed on the potential for a republican president.

The takers have spoken.

PAGunner
11-08-2012, 20:20
I love Allen West, met him at the local gun store, he was there making a purchase, not campaigning, great guy! I'd love to see him president, he pulls no punches.

Calico Jack
11-08-2012, 20:22

Lt. Col. Allen West | This is Our America - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41R8yurBgM)

As much as I would love to see Lt. Col. Allen West lead this country... it's never going to happen. You think the liberal media vilified Palin and Romney? Wait and see what they would say about West. Liberals can't stand the idea of a minority GOP candidate.

MtBaldy
11-08-2012, 20:25
Some of his views are out there. I still gave him money and voted for him.

jdavionic
11-08-2012, 20:25
As much as I would love to see Lt. Col. Allen West lead this country... it's never going to happen. You think the liberal media vilified Palin and Romney? Wait and see what they would say about West. Liberals can't stand the idea of a minority GOP candidate.

Exactly! We need a candidate that is more liberal, not a conservative. I nominate Hillary for the GOP candidate!

G17Jake
11-08-2012, 20:29
If we see enough turmoil from Obama's communist agenda, maybe Allen West could get enough support for a successful presidential run. As it is, I think he is a great guy, but probably to much of a straight shooter for most people to handle.

Calico Jack
11-08-2012, 20:30
Just watched the video... how did Lt. Col. Allen West lose to this boy.

http://redbroward.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/patrickmurphy-mugshot.jpg?w=640

Calico Jack
11-08-2012, 20:31
Exactly! We need a candidate that is more liberal, not a conservative. I nominate Hillary for the GOP candidate!

:faint:

jdavionic
11-08-2012, 20:34
:faint:

Sorry, man. Just a bit bitter. At this 5 minutes, I'd be tempted to vote for Michelle in 2016 just to ensure that we get to rock bottom while I'm still young enough to deal with the consequences.

Sharkey
11-08-2012, 20:42
Ha, you'll are assuming we will still have a republic. Maybe, maybe not.

Hmm, candidates win with TP support in 2010. We win with conservative candidates but the GOP moves to the middle and wonders why they didn't generate more votes than 2008?

That is but one issue, there are a lot more of why Mittens lost.

These four years will be interesting and painful for a lot of folks.

Calico Jack
11-08-2012, 20:44
Sorry, man. Just a bit bitter. At this 5 minutes, I'd be tempted to vote for Michelle in 2016 just to ensure that we get to rock bottom while I'm still young enough to deal with the consequences.

I know how you feel, I really do. I was beyond disappointed on Tuesday night and it hurt to see what was happening to our country. Now is not the time to give up. We have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and focus on the future of America.

Lesh
11-08-2012, 20:56
Condoleezza Rice

M&P Shooter
11-08-2012, 20:59
Condoleezza Rice
:wavey:

RyanBDawg
11-08-2012, 21:10
Someone who is more libertarian....

NickC50310
11-08-2012, 21:31

The takers have spoken.

Wrong. Lose the anti gay anti abortion and birth control talk and make rubio our nominee and the democrats will be sent packin 2016.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

sombunya
11-08-2012, 21:38
I'm glad Rubio wasn't chosen for VP because I feel that it's tough for VP's get elected president, and I'd love to see Rubio in that slot.

Allen West is a great American. Can't get enough of him.

Captain Ron
11-08-2012, 22:33
Sarah Palin :cool::wavey::wow::wavey::supergrin:

Restless28
11-08-2012, 22:38
Wrong. Lose the anti gay anti abortion and birth control talk and make rubio our nominee and the democrats will be sent packin 2016.

You know that wont happen. The old money of the GOP and the overall ineptness of the leaders can't let it go.

CAcop
11-08-2012, 22:48
Rubio and Ryan are the two I would say have the best shot.

Of course 4 years is an incredibly long time in politics.

ChuteTheMall
11-08-2012, 22:51
I'm glad Rubio wasn't chosen for VP because I feel that it's tough for VP's get elected president, and I'd love to see Rubio in that slot.

Allen West is a great American. Can't get enough of him.

Since JFK, only Obama was elected President without first serving as either a Governor or as Vice President, virtual pre-requisites for the job.

VPs who were later elected as President include:

George H. W. Bush (41)
Richard Nixon
Lyndon Johnson
Harry Truman
Calvin Coolidge
Teddy Roosevelt
Martin Van Buren
Thomas Jefferson
John Adams

Another 5 VP's inherited the top slot and never were elected to it.
14 out of 44 Presidents were Vice Presidents, that's significant.

I like Alan West, but a one term congressman has the odds against him.

Andy123
11-08-2012, 22:52
If the federal debt is, say $21-22T around 2016, we may just want to not run a candidate, and leave the Dems to sleep in the bed they made. At a certain point our borrowing cost will start to rise. That is truly the point of no return where no elected official is going to fix the problem. We will be Greece writ large.

Glock13
11-08-2012, 22:53
O'Reilly/Miller.

Diesel McBadass
11-08-2012, 23:09
Fiscal budget hawk type guys, Paul ryan, maybe coburn. who knows, 4 years is a long time. Rubio may have a shot, a gop minority candidate may do the trick

Cali-Glock
11-08-2012, 23:26
I pray Col. West wins this election... He is one of three congressional candidates to whom I sent money this year. I would LOVE to have West as our President!!!!!

Slug71
11-08-2012, 23:44
Justin Amish.

Slug71
11-08-2012, 23:55
Didn't West support both the NDAA and Patriot Act?

RyanBDawg
11-08-2012, 23:58
Didn't West support both the NDAA and Patriot Act?

He actually voted no on the extension of the patriot act, voted yes on NDAA.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Slug71
11-09-2012, 00:12
He actually voted no on the extension of the patriot act, voted yes on NDAA.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Ok. For some reason I thought he voted for some provisions of the Patriot Act too.

His anti Islam/Muslim stance has me worried we'll end up in another war with the East though.

RonS
11-09-2012, 05:10
The liberal media will pick the GOP candidates in the future the same way they picked Romney. Ignore or discredit anyone who could be elected against a democrat.

g2122
11-09-2012, 06:21

The takers have spoken.

We will never see another Conservative president in this country. The takers have complete control of the electorate. In fact, we become basically a one party country. More than likely either Justice Kennedy or Scalia will retire in the next 4 years. A copy of Justice Ginsberg will replace one of them. We will then see a change in the court as far as ruling on the power of the Federal Govt in our personal lives.
We have real life examples before us to look at how we will be in a few years. One, is our own state of California. We then can look across the Atlantic and we can read the news about Greece and the riots and problems France has from time to time. There is just not going to be enough people pulling the wagon. The people producing or "pulling the wagon" are demonized and held out to be evil for working and being successful. Conservative hard working Americans may be able to hang on to the House, but they will eventually cave in. I hear Boehner is going to work with the president, which means "cave in". The thing is, the liberal progressives like BHO and people like him, don't work with people or compromise.
Well, I've got to wrap this up and get ready and go to work and provide for my family. Kind of novel, isnt it?

camelotkid
11-09-2012, 06:30

Rubio already shot himself in the foot, he did an anti gay robocall for NOM, If he runs in 2016 there is a good chance DOMA will have already been overturned and that robocall will comeback to haunt him.

JFrame
11-09-2012, 06:35
I think Marco would be an outstanding choice. :cool:

costanza187
11-09-2012, 06:58

The takers have spoken.

I am afraid you are right. The Republicans might as well run a Charles Manson/Jerry Sandusky ticket... they would stand about as much of a chance as winning as anybody else they nominate.

ca survivor
11-09-2012, 08:15
there will be no more elections from now on.

tacomatrd
11-09-2012, 08:28
Ted nugent 2016!

heliguy
11-09-2012, 10:43
Many people believe that Romney's biggest mistake this year was passing up Marco Rubio as his running mate. It would have solidified a significant number of Hispanic votes.

I think Rubio is a front-runner for the 2016 nomination as things stand now. He's educated in the intent of the Founders' vision of America and he's able to articulate his ideological/personal and constitutional values.

Rubio wouldn't have helped much. The Latino vote is all about federal freebies, not policy.....

But I'm all for a Rubio / Ryan ticket next time around!

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 10:46
Good thing that people like you weren't around during the American Revolution. Otherwise, we'd still be bowing to the Queen.

We will never see another Conservative president in this country. The takers have complete control of the electorate. In fact, we become basically a one party country. More than likely either Justice Kennedy or Scalia will retire in the next 4 years. A copy of Justice Ginsberg will replace one of them. We will then see a change in the court as far as ruling on the power of the Federal Govt in our personal lives.
We have real life examples before us to look at how we will be in a few years. One, is our own state of California. We then can look across the Atlantic and we can read the news about Greece and the riots and problems France has from time to time. There is just not going to be enough people pulling the wagon. The people producing or "pulling the wagon" are demonized and held out to be evil for working and being successful. Conservative hard working Americans may be able to hang on to the House, but they will eventually cave in. I hear Boehner is going to work with the president, which means "cave in". The thing is, the liberal progressives like BHO and people like him, don't work with people or compromise.
Well, I've got to wrap this up and get ready and go to work and provide for my family. Kind of novel, isnt it?

fnfalman
11-09-2012, 10:46
Rubio wouldn't have helped much. The Latino vote is all about federal freebies, not policy.....

But I'm all for a Rubio / Ryan ticket next time around!

Dubya got plenty of hispanic votes.

ChuteTheMall
11-09-2012, 11:15
Dubya got plenty of hispanic votes.

Less than half; most Hispanics always vote for democrats.

Slug71
11-09-2012, 14:16
Rand Paul and Justin Amash.

Fixed. :)

CitizenOfDreams
11-09-2012, 14:32
Great! We already found a way to lose the 2016 elections! Nominate someone who didn't even get enough votes to keep his House seat.

Slug71
11-09-2012, 14:34
Great! We already found a way to lose the 2016 elections! Nominate someone who didn't even get enough votes to keep his House seat.

Deleted.

CitizenOfDreams
11-09-2012, 15:06
Better than Ryan.
Being "better than Ryan" is irrelevant. He needs to be better than the other party's candidate AND collect more votes than him.

dango
11-09-2012, 15:29
DINKY - TOUS , go 2016...!

How can you not trust a man with a rope ?

Slug71
11-09-2012, 15:39
Being "better than Ryan" is irrelevant. He needs to be better than the other party's candidate AND collect more votes than him.

Deleted.

Slug71
11-09-2012, 15:45

Who are you talking about btw?

CitizenOfDreams
11-09-2012, 18:17
Who are you talking about btw?

I'm talking about Allen West from the original post.

Slug71
11-09-2012, 18:30
I'm talking about Allen West from the original post.

My bad. I thought you were talking about my post....lol

Yeh I agree with you about Allen West.
I think both Allen West and Paul Ryan will be another loss for the GOP.

g2122
11-09-2012, 18:40
Good thing that people like you weren't around during the American Revolution. Otherwise, we'd still be bowing to the Queen.

Believe me, I hope I am proven wrong. It would be great for someone with the character and values like a Lt. Col. Allen West to become our leader. He is well versed in the U.S. Constitution and also understands the dangers that threaten our very way of life.

FLGatorFan
11-09-2012, 18:52
Give me a fiscal conservative without all the social baggage and I will vote for him SO HARD

GWSHARK
11-20-2012, 11:24
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2012/11/House_West-0e3b9_image_1024w.jpg

JFrame
11-20-2012, 11:39
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2012/11/House_West-0e3b9_image_1024w.jpg

I'm guessing a bunch of us here would not mind that one bit... :cool:

Glock20 10mm
11-20-2012, 11:54
2:1 that there won't be an election in 2016, and if there is it will be irrelevant as we would no longer be a contender on a global scale. This is based on the past and current performance of not only Obama but the Congress and Senate as well. The time for voting corrections into our political system is long gone. We either accept the yoke of England (by this I mean following in their foot steps) and meekly do as we are told, or we unite, step up and kick the SOB's out by force and restore the Republic.

The liberal damage is deep and will be hard to remove. It's in our schools, our politics and ingrained into a generation of useful idiots. We have hard choices to make, and you can damn well bet your bottom dollar that the liberal left will do EVERYTHING in their power to ensure they do not lose their grasp on our nations political and educational infrastructure.

There I said what many are thinking but too damn afraid to say. All the cards are there if you are willing to see them. Most aren't, most want to believe in a failed system and method because the alternative is really quite frightening.

It's great to dream about the next Republican candidate. And in that vein I segway to this diatribe, so far your choices for the Republicna party are something to be desired. Maybe it's time to get radical and look at candidates that actually have a history and record of supporting and adhering to the Constitution instead of selecting ones that will trounce it on a whim and that are more floppy than a tuna on deck. And get one that isn't a radical religious nut either, that's a real turn off to a lot of folks. That is what killed your last candidates chance.

We live in dark times, our nation is turning against us and using Constitutionally unjust and illegal laws to spy on we the people, the intent is quite clear. They are looking for the dissenters under the guise of looking for terrorists. We have a documented history of governmental abuse of power and expansion of the same. Yet no real outcry has been made and the few that have stepped up have been effectively marginalized by your denial and the liberal media. Time to stop drinking whatever you are and pay attention... the choice is yours.

Slug71
11-20-2012, 19:24

No thanks.

Dogpatch06
11-20-2012, 20:46
78-81 members of the democrat party are commies!

Allen West Crazy Comments - YouTube

Lol please nominate this nut-job.

Then we can come back here in 2016 and watch you guys lose your minds again.

JFrame
11-20-2012, 21:01
78-81 members of the democrat party are commies!

Allen West was referring to the members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, whom the Communist Party has referred to as its "allies."