Tactical Solutions .22 lr upper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions .22 lr upper

Cole125
11-08-2012, 22:36
Anyone have a Tactical Solutions .22 lr upper? I'd like to get a .22 lr upper and they are supposed to make the best ones.

So those who have a Tactical Solutions, how do you like it? Accuracy? Reliability?

Pics are always welcome too. :cool:

Cole125
11-09-2012, 10:23
Also does anyone know if Timney 3lb triggers will function with the Tac Sol upper?

MstrPara
11-09-2012, 10:36
I have an early LW version that I bought about 4 years ago. I had serious reliability issues during my first (and only) range trip. It was scary accurate, though.

Called TS and spoke with the owner/designer, really nice guy. He sent me some new parts immediately that he said would correct the issue, but I've been overseas since, so I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Overall, I was impressed with the build quality, accuracy, and CS. I'd bet that I got an early model that needed a little tweaking.

Hope this helps!

MstrPara
11-09-2012, 10:38
Also does anyone know if Timney 3lb triggers will function with the Tac Sol upper?

Not sure, but I was running a RRA 2 stage trigger, TS told me this may have contributed to my reliability issues.

Pathfinder20
11-09-2012, 15:52
I have an LT22. Upper has worked perfect. About 1000 rds thru. I shoot CCI subsonic. Also 1 magazine comes with upper. Mine was a Black Dog Machine with plastic feed lips. I also bought 2 more Black Dog Magazines with the stainless steel feed lips. All three mags have worked perfect. Trigger is Rock River 2 Stage NM (stock). No problems to report. Accuracy is good but have not shot off sand bags. Unit in upper is easy to remove and clean. So far (1 year) good purchase. Got it from JoeBobs.

Pathfinder20

Chuck TX
11-09-2012, 16:08
Two. Never had an issue with either. Been great little shooters and hell on varmints.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/BodhisattvaNosferatu/AK-AR/TacSolAR-22LR.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/BodhisattvaNosferatu/AK-AR/TacSolAR-22.jpg

Can't say about the Timney trigger for certain. As long as the triggers aren't notched I would think it would function fine.

Cole125
11-09-2012, 22:44
Thanks for the input fellows. With the price of 5.56 ammo and how much I like to shoot it seems like a .22 upper is a must have.

Walt_NC
11-09-2012, 23:07
I've never used nor have seen their AR stuff but I have one of their 'tactical' threaded 10/22 barrels. Accuracy is worse than a factory barrel. Fits looser in to the reciever than factory. But it's threaded and lightweight. So there's that, I guess. I wouldn't buy one again.

USMCsilver
11-11-2012, 17:46
I've never used nor have seen their AR stuff but I have one of their 'tactical' threaded 10/22 barrels. Accuracy is worse than a factory barrel. Fits looser in to the reciever than factory. But it's threaded and lightweight. So there's that, I guess. I wouldn't buy one again.

Odd.

I have one of their complete rifles with a nice Redfield mounted on top. It's a sub-MOA gun out to 100 (tested).

I have no experience w/ their AR products, but felt inclined to share since it was a totaly different result. :)