Do 4th Gen 17s Still Have Issues? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do 4th Gen 17s Still Have Issues?

FZR600KID
11-08-2012, 21:42
I understand that Glock put the same lb recoil spring in the 4th Gen 17 and 22 when they came out, and the 17s were having issues with lower quality (practice) ammo. I understand Glock corrected this by replacing them with new lower powered springs. Does the 4th gen 17s still have trouble with ejection issues due to the spring?

I was watching a Youtube video where a guy tested the 4th gen vs 3 gen Glock 19 extraction in slow motion ( he did not say if it had the lower power spring ) and the rounds of the 4th gen would eject "feebly". The 3rd gen would cleanly eject them beautifully. I know the 3rd gen 17/19 is the most reliable and best Glock to out there. But the 4th gens fit my hands better because of my small hands. Still an issue with the improved spring?

Video:
Glock 19: Gen 3 vs Gen 4 Comparison - Vuurwapen Blog - YouTube

Warp
11-08-2012, 22:21
I think they are having ejection issues due to the extractor.

Raleigh Glocker
11-09-2012, 03:26
I think there are plenty of Glocks out there not giving their owners any trouble. However, there seems to be a new phenomenon of Gen 4s starting out with great ejection, then going ape**** crazy after about 800-1000 rds.

Here's my personal experience:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446570

di11igaf
11-09-2012, 07:01
It's not just gen 4 glocks, in fact my gen 4 has been pretty good with ejection(few thousand rounds), no stoppages. My gen 3 had major ejection issues, I tried some things, couldn't get it right, sent to glock-still no fix, did more testing, no fix. Got rid of it. The recoil spring probably did cause issues with weak ammo in early gen 4's, but this problem has nothing to do with the recoil spring.

F106 Fan
11-09-2012, 07:13
AFAIK, it is still an issue. There's at least one thread every week for the last two years. Just search this forum for 'ejection extraction'. I got about 45 results.

Richard