Preband Mag's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Preband Mag's

pictureman
11-08-2012, 22:49
With so much talk about prebands mags, We all know it is legal to have, but what about to use at the shooting range?

I have used them at an outdoor shooting range with no problem, but got a lot of looks.:cool:

Now I'm just wondering is it something to worry about or just keep-on shooting and have fun?

Thanks All

LL6
11-08-2012, 22:57
ban. :wavey:

bustedknee
11-08-2012, 22:58
Can you tell us exactly what is a "preband" magazine?

Sand
11-08-2012, 23:00
With so much talk about prebands mags, We all know it is legal to have, but what about to use at the shooting range?

I have used them at an outdoor shooting range with no problem, but got a lot of looks.:cool:

Now I'm just wondering is it something to worry about or just keep-on shooting and have fun?

Thanks All

I must admit that I may not be up to speed on per-bans, but I have 2 questions.

If they are legal why do you worry?

How in the world would anybody know unless you were making a big deal out of them.

pictureman
11-08-2012, 23:10
I'm reffering to hi cap mags. IE: 15+ in Calif. Now if you had them before 2000 sure it is legal as I said, but what about to use. I'm stuck on that one.

jkf74
11-08-2012, 23:16
I'm reffering to hi cap mags. IE: 15+ in Calif. Now if you had them before 2000 sure it is legal as I said, but what about to use. I'm stuck on that one.

Do you mean like the 33rd mags? Because the 15-17 round glock mags look exactly like the 10 rounders.

Poohgyrr
11-09-2012, 02:15
The CA version says you can keep (ie. use) any mags holding more than ten rounds, if you owned them before the ban began.

As I understand, the Hawaii version says you can't keep (or use) your old mags, you have to turn them in or destroy them or whatever.

Since the official Democratic platform plans to bring back the national bans on both magazines and AR's, and make them permanent, we'll have to see what their new law actually says.

SJ 40
11-09-2012, 07:23
Currently if one lives in a Free state and you have Standard Capacity magazines no one cares one way or another what magazines or how many rounds are used in a gun.

Standard capacity is the capacity the gun was designed around to use,not something of some capacity a politician decides sounds better or makes them feel better about.
SJ 40

ron59
11-09-2012, 11:02

Thanks All

So much talk?

Dunno what you're talking about... nobody around here talks about it. We can use full cap mags.

Don't see THAT many threads on GT about it either.
And... if you're allowed to OWN it, don't see why you couldn't USE it.

FireForged
11-09-2012, 17:49

Thanks All

I think your question has probably been answered by now but let me say.. welcome to glocktalk and although your post may not have been worded perfectly... I understand. Good luck.

M 7
11-09-2012, 21:05

If they are legal why worry?

Those looks you got? That's called jealousy. :winkie:

Have fun, man. Up the libs! :thumbsup:

soflasmg
11-09-2012, 21:17
Roseanne Rosanna Danna