SEALS get punished for secrecy breach [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SEALS get punished for secrecy breach

arclight610
11-08-2012, 22:53
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/7-navy-seals-reportedly-punished-for-secrecy-breach/

I Guess all the fame eventually caught up with them.

czsmithGT
11-08-2012, 22:58
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/7-navy-seals-reportedly-punished-for-secrecy-breach/

I Guess all the fame eventually caught up with them.

Shouldn't Obama and his NSC idiots have been punished more severely for doing the same thing?

"The SEALs were punished for having violated their nondisclosure agreements and for having revealed tactics, techniques and procedures."

8-Ball
11-09-2012, 00:24
Shocker. :upeyes:

Meanie5470
11-09-2012, 00:25
It honestly must be hard to be part of the most elite badass team of soldiers on earth and not be able to tell anyone about it lol. I would hate that more then anything else about being a SEAL.

TK-421
11-09-2012, 00:34
It honestly must be hard to be part of the most elite badass team of soldiers on earth and not be able to tell anyone about it lol. I would hate that more then anything else about being a SEAL.

Yeah, same here. "So hunny what did you do today?" "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, and who would take care of the kids then?" :rofl:

NIB
11-09-2012, 00:35
Normally I would say oh well. However seeing as how the Obama administration gave Hollywood access to the classified details of the Bin Ladin raid so they can make a movie to show 2 days before the election. Yep, I'm mad.

Random
11-09-2012, 01:14
Shouldn't Obama and his NSC idiots have been punished more severely for doing the same thing?

HA HA!!! Yes. And he's gonna get away with it too!! Ha Ha. Cause he's the president and you're NOT. (insert evil laugh)

No seriously, I just want to pick apart what you just said. Now, come with me, I'm gonna step outside the "I hate Obama so logic doesn't apply to me" bubble and venture into reality.

Military members must request approval from their chain of command when taking a second job. The SEALs were charged with not notifying their chain of command that they were giving information to someone in exchange for money. The military was not given a chance to vet (you know what vetting is, right?) the videogame company to make sure it actually existed and was on the up and up. They also did not get to view what info the sailors chose to divulge.

The SEALs were also charged with showing the game designers, one of which was Khali Ahmed Farouk (a nephew of Usama Bin Ladens 2nd wife ), specialized equipment without approval from their chain of command.

Back to your statement. When is it Obama did either of these things? When did he get a job with an unvetted employer without prior approval from his chain of command
and when did he show them secret mission equipment?
You're saying he did. I'm just asking when.

BEER
11-09-2012, 01:16
wait, i thought the mantra was "those that have done it don't talk about it" or some other bull**** along those lines.

for years i've been trying to figure out if that was really the case then how come libraries and barnes&nobles have entire aisles dedicated to military history.

USAF96815
11-09-2012, 01:18

Are you talking about the National Geo thing or something else...?

That National Geo show was trash and didn't reveal anything. That comes from all the guys I know that are currently working in the field.

roger123
11-09-2012, 04:17
Back to your statement. When is it Obama did either of these things? When did he get a job with an unvetted employer without prior approval from his chain of command
and when did he show them secret mission equipment?

Ha, this is too easy, he's never had a job!!!! Just having some fun.

EdTracker
11-09-2012, 04:54
Are any of the original team that took out OBL still alive?

I read a few months back that a black hawk crash took out 7 or 8 and that recently the "shooter" of OBL died from sniper fire. Are they all dead?

hamster
11-09-2012, 05:45
Normally I would say oh well. However seeing as how the Obama administration gave Hollywood access to the classified details of the Bin Ladin raid so they can make a movie to show 2 days before the election. Yep, I'm mad.

I know. He could have just landed on an aircraft carrier while wearing a flight suit, then announced the death while standing in front of a mission accomplished banner. Much more subtle.

airmotive
11-09-2012, 05:49
The truth in this thread stings a bit.