Tattoo lands man in jail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo lands man in jail

TBO
11-09-2012, 06:29
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_21957772/minneapolis-tattoo-pig-gun-is-threat-officer-charges

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

droidfire
11-09-2012, 07:06
I believe firmly in the principles behind the first amendment, and am wary of erosion of freedoms by government and it's agents.

That said, if the totality of circumstances is factual as reported by the article, I also believe the arrest is valid in this case.

HerrGlock
11-09-2012, 07:06
I'm thinking if the tattoo is all they have, he's going to walk and have a violation of rights suit available to him.

alwaysshootin
11-09-2012, 07:12
"On Thursday, Nov. 8, the reputed member of the Bloods street gang -- currently on probation for armed robbery -- was charged with making a terroristic threat for the benefit of a gang."

Hey, when there are 250 billion laws on the books, bound to be able to find one, to stick on him!

eruby
11-09-2012, 07:19
I'm thinking if the tattoo is all they have, he's going to walk and have a violation of rights suit available to him.Probably this.

Of course he should have also been arrested for poor grammar and spelling.

LL6
11-09-2012, 07:25
Not getting into the "legality of the arrest, I love the stupidity of posting a picture of it on FB. They will never learn. :rofl:

DARKSHADOW
11-09-2012, 07:33
The tattoo depicts a person holding a pistol to the mouth of a pig dressed in a Minneapolis police uniform with the badge of officer Jeffrey Seidel.
If he would have left out the badge, he probably would have been fine.

Does anyone have a pic of said tattoo? And does it show a name, or badge number?

Not that I'm defending the dirtbag.

mhill
11-09-2012, 07:39
I think he would have been fine except for the specific threat to a specific person. That crossed the line. Not sure about the amount of punishement for this.

okie
11-09-2012, 08:34
SSS:whistling:

fusegsp
11-09-2012, 08:36
I think he would have been fine except for the specific threat to a specific person. That crossed the line. Not sure about the amount of punishement for this.They'll probably make him get a cover-up tattoo. This is his chance to get something truly meaningful. I vote for the Tasmanian Devil having a mountaintop battle with a lone wolf. Backlit by the moon of course. Border it with some random tribal and call it a day.

gjk5
11-09-2012, 08:37
I agree: the name and badge number take it over the line.

OlliesRevenge
11-09-2012, 08:54
Wow... I'm feeling conflicted on this one. One one hand it's just a tattoo, but...

Cops are usually the biggest, most organized gang in any city. At a minimum, getting such a tattoo and posting it to FB seems like a great way to wind up in their cross hairs.

RWBlue
11-09-2012, 09:50
i'm thinking if the tattoo is all they have, he's going to walk and have a violation of rights suit available to him.

+ 1

nursetim
11-09-2012, 10:17
Not getting into the "legality of the arrest, I love the stupidity of posting a picture of it on FB. They will never learn. :rofl:

But the tattoo was a smart move though.:whistling:
PSGWSP

Carrys
11-09-2012, 11:26
This is where all the stupid stuff has brought us.

He should have been taken out back and a bullet put into his head. That would protect society from whtever he had planed.

Nothing else will, ever.:wavey:

JW1178
11-09-2012, 11:41
What a punk. Men do what they want, boys talk about it. I mean, he is so mad and has so much hate that he goes and gets a tattoo of murder on his body, because he's so mad. If he were a real hardass he would just go do it.

Real gangstas post on Facebook!!! Post.... SO..... HARD!!!!

Won't stick, but if anything happens to that officer, he will be the first one to ask questions to.

I have no sympathy for that thug. I hope he runs into the wrong person and gets what he has coming to him.

Sam Spade
11-09-2012, 15:43
I'm thinking if the tattoo is all they have, he's going to walk and have a violation of rights suit available to him.

I doubt it. At least one professor of ConLaw agrees with me:
Dale Carpenter, who teaches constitutional law and the First Amendment at the University of Minnesota Law School, said that if the police version of events is correct, "then this is not protected speech."
"It would constitute, in my view, what's called a 'true threat' under the Supreme Court's First Amendment decisions," he said.
"It's a serious threat to the health or life of another person and such statements, no matter what form they're made in -- written, verbal, put on Facebook or put on your body -- it is unprotected."
And having read Carpenter's bio, he's not a rabid conservative, either.

berto62
11-09-2012, 18:53
Friend of mine is a correctional officer.He had an inmate who said when he was released he was going to kill Tom and rape his wife. My buddies response was "come on over we haven't hung a n***er in Lulu in years":shocked:.I guess we do things a little different in north Florida.

*ASH*
11-09-2012, 19:15
this thread is just stupid , a tattoo a threat :rofl::rofl:
grainy at that :supergrin:

agreed the guy is POS and prolly deserves to be fubared but good god ,prolly thousands of tattoos like that in the world .

*ASH*
11-09-2012, 19:18
They'll probably make him get a cover-up tattoo. This is his chance to get something truly meaningful. I vote for the Tasmanian Devil having a mountaintop battle with a lone wolf. Backlit by the moon of course. Border it with some random tribal and call it a day.

wait ??? i think someone on GT has that . :dunno: i remember seeing someones ink kinda like that

C6vetter
11-09-2012, 20:18
[QUOTE=TBO;19611533]http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_21957772/minneapolis-tattoo-pig-gun-is-threat-officer-charges

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

C'mon now, he gots his rights!

cgwahl
11-09-2012, 20:33
Somewhat reminds me of this. If I recall correctly, this guy was also found to be collecting unemployment while in jail. Forget why or how he got caught, but it turned out California Department of Labor does not talk to California Department of Corrections.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056479-504083.html

jollygreen
11-09-2012, 20:48
He should have been taken out back and a bullet put into his head.

Throw him in solitary confinement, give him a box cutter, and tell him when the tat is gone, he can leave.

DustyJacket
11-10-2012, 01:40
Throw him in solitary confinement, give him a box cutter, and tell him when the tat is gone, he can leave.
Or a rasp file....