Memphis officer shot by fellow cop, critically injured [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Memphis officer shot by fellow cop, critically injured

glockluvr64
11-09-2012, 08:50
Prayers needed all around

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/nov/08/memphis-police-officer-shot-north-memphis/

Sharkey
11-09-2012, 09:13
Wow no doubt. Prayers being sent.

RussP
11-09-2012, 09:39
Prayers...

sheriff733
11-09-2012, 09:43
Wow. Prayers sent.

I've always used the baton for a dog that is actively trying to do me harm. Just seems like dancing around somebody's back yard shooting at it multiple times and hoping for a hit is a little silly, and in worst case, this could be the outcome.

Still a very sad story.

Patchman
11-09-2012, 10:49
Prayers for a full recovery.

SPDSNYPR
11-09-2012, 18:10
Wow. Prayers sent.

I've always used the baton for a dog that is actively trying to do me harm. Just seems like dancing around somebody's back yard shooting at it multiple times and hoping for a hit is a little silly, and in worst case, this could be the outcome.

Still a very sad story.

So during a drug search warrant service, you think he should have transitioned to a baton (if he even had one as a member of that unit) instead of using the weapon in his hands? Alrighty. Great MMQB.

Batons are pretty ineffective and not fast to get to. Have one of your K9 handlers sick on of their dogs on you - drop the rifle in your hand and see if you can get your asp out in time. I'd be willing to bet you can't. Show us the pics or video of you getting your ass kicked by the dog and the aftermath.

This is a terrible turn of events - and sometimes bad **** just happens. I hope this cop survives and is able to recover fully.

sheriff733
11-09-2012, 18:18
So during a drug search warrant service, you think he should have transitioned to a baton (if he even had one as a member of that unit) instead of using the weapon in his hands? Alrighty. Great MMQB.

Batons are pretty ineffective and not fast to get to. Have one of your K9 handlers sick on of their dogs on you - drop the rifle in your hand and see if you can get your asp out in time. I'd be willing to bet you can't. Show us the pics or video of you getting your ass kicked by the dog and the aftermath.

This is a terrible turn of events - and sometimes bad **** just happens. I hope this cop survives and is able to recover fully.

Jesus, calm down.

Just making an observation. I wasn't there, and since I wasn't, I'm not saying he was wrong. Just speaking from personal opinion and experience.

Good grief.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SPDSNYPR
11-09-2012, 18:25
Jesus, calm down.

Just making an observation. I wasn't there, and since I wasn't, I'm not saying he was wrong,

Good grief.

Just seems like dancing around somebody's back yard shooting at it multiple times and hoping for a hit is a little silly, and in worst case, this could be the outcome.

No - you just happened to mention how you use a baton instead of dancing around and shooting. I'll calm down when you stop the MMQB session. I find it offensive.

You weren't there. You don't know what happened. You decided to criticise anyway and mention how you do it. Conventient "observation."

Kingarthurhk
11-09-2012, 19:21
Wow. Prayers sent.

Still a very sad story.

I always got the long arm for the dog defense duty on warrants. But, then again I had to qualify with it at 100 yards.

sheriff733
11-09-2012, 19:33
No - you just happened to mention how you use a baton instead of dancing around and shooting. I'll calm down when you stop the MMQB session. I find it offensive.

You weren't there. You don't know what happened. You decided to criticise anyway and mention how you do it. Conventient "observation."

Well, be offended I guess. :dunno:

It must be rough to be such an easily offended police officer. I know it would be around here, anyways.

Good luck with that, though.

:wavey:

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

op2k
11-09-2012, 20:16
Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery, for both officers. Cane Corso's can be big intimidating MFer's and I don't blame the officer for trying to put the dog down, especially if it was coming at him.

Kelo6
11-09-2012, 21:45
Prayers for all involved. That sucks big time. :sad:

SPDSNYPR
11-09-2012, 22:20
It must be rough to be such an easily offended police officer.

Only by people who do this job that feel they know better when they obviously don't. You apparently think your **** doesn't stink, and you must know better than these people who were involved - that's why you're still running your mouth. I put up with stupidity from people who don't know better. You should.

Now do everyone a favor, wish these guys well like everyone else, and shut up about what you would do - nobody cares.

sheriff733
11-10-2012, 07:31
Only by people who do this job that feel they know better when they obviously don't. You apparently think your **** doesn't stink, and you must know better than these people who were involved - that's why you're still running your mouth. I put up with stupidity from people who don't know better. You should.

Now do everyone a favor, wish these guys well like everyone else, and shut up about what you would do - nobody cares.

:rofl:

Interesting how you feel that by a couple Internet posts that you know all about me and who I am on and off the job. You couldn't be more wrong, but that's ok. I really don't care what someone on the Internet thinks. Have I screwed up before? Sure. MANY times. Have you? Of course. **** happens, and you learn from it. And one of the things I have learned over the years, I mentioned in a post and apparantly, sharing that experience was somehow offensive to you? It's really not that serious.

Still running my mouth? What, so I'm just supposed to just bow down to someone who got all bent out of shape, over an Internet post, no less? How dare I post a LE related experience in Cop Talk. You're right. I'm sorry.

Oh, and I did wish them well. In my first post, in fact. Prayers sent to all and I hope for only the speediest of a recovery.

OLY-M4gery
11-10-2012, 09:01
:rofl:

Interesting how you feel that by a couple Internet posts that you know all about me and who I am on and off the job. You couldn't be more wrong, but that's ok. I really don't care what someone on the Internet thinks. Have I screwed up before? Sure. MANY times. Have you? Of course. **** happens, and you learn from it. And one of the things I have learned over the years, I mentioned in a post and apparantly, sharing that experience was somehow offensive to you? It's really not that serious.

Still running my mouth? What, so I'm just supposed to just bow down to someone who got all bent out of shape, over an Internet post, no less? How dare I post a LE related experience in Cop Talk. You're right. I'm sorry.

Oh, and I did wish them well. In my first post, in fact. Prayers sent to all and I hope for only the speediest of a recovery.

I got to be honest, as I read your post, I heard Cliff Claven's voice.

What you should've done there Norm.............

You admit you don't know the specific circumstances, but fire off what you think is the solution.

Cheers Cliff's big mouth - YouTube

TBO
11-10-2012, 09:06
Prayers for healing, and calm.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

RussP
11-10-2012, 10:11
Prayers for healing, and calm.For the officers and for this thread, too.

Panzergrenadier1979
11-10-2012, 11:57
At the end of the article....

"On July 3, 2011, MPD officer Tim Warren was shot and killed in a Downtown hotel. Alexander Haydel was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Warren, 39, and another man in that incident."

Rest in peace Anvil.:fallenofficer:

RussP
11-10-2012, 12:22
At the end of the article....

"On July 3, 2011, MPD officer Tim Warren was shot and killed in a Downtown hotel. Alexander Haydel was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Warren, 39, and another man in that incident."

Rest in peace Anvil.:fallenofficer:Amen...

blueiron
11-10-2012, 12:32
You can't plan everything and the world is known for entropy.

That said, may the wounded officer heal with only a visible scar as a memory of the event. May the shooting officer find internal forgiveness and solace for the incident.

steveksux
11-10-2012, 12:40
May both officers find the healing they need....

Randy