Mom gets $2500 ticket when toddler urinates in yard [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mom gets $2500 ticket when toddler urinates in yard

OlliesRevenge
11-09-2012, 09:03
http://www.news9.com/story/20010769/three-year-old-piemont-boy-gets-2500-ticket-for-peeing-in-his-front-yard

http://newsok.com/piedmont-woman-ticketed-after-toddler-tries-to-urinate-in-yard/article/3726132

Patchman
11-09-2012, 09:26
$2,500 for a public urination ticket?

It's always a classy act when a parent urges their little Johnny to go ahead and urinate in the open.

Warden (the mother) plans on fighting the ticket since she says her son didn't actually finish the act.

Maybe the judge will pro-rate the $penalty$?

Dragoon44
11-09-2012, 09:28
If the story is accurate then I would say that officer is "That guy" everyone who has worked in LE has worked with one of them. They are the asshat that give the dept a bad name and that other officers hate working with.

Dragoon44
11-09-2012, 09:30
$2,500 for a public urination ticket?

It's always a classy act when a parent urges their little Johnny to go ahead and urinate in the open.

And it's worth the officer talking to the parents about it. not giving them a 2,500.00 ticket.

There may be more to the story but as it stands right now it sounds like the officer is a total ***hole.

Patchman
11-09-2012, 09:35
I'm thinking the LEO sees this happening daily with this kid and his mom. If this is the first and only time he's seen this (or he's never spoken to the mom about it) then yes, he is a tool.

rednoved
11-09-2012, 09:38
I bet the family escalated the situation.

CaptCave
11-09-2012, 09:58
I bet the family escalated the situation.

wouldn't you?

I would have been arrested.

Anyone with a child knows that when they gotta go, THEY GOTTA GO.

Dragoon44
11-09-2012, 10:53
I'm thinking the LEO sees this happening daily with this kid and his mom. If this is the first and only time he's seen this (or he's never spoken to the mom about it) then yes, he is a tool.

Would be interesting to know if the officer really is parked down the street everyday and why.

Hines57
11-09-2012, 11:10
Hope that cop doesn't park on my road

SMOKEin
11-09-2012, 11:28
What a jerk. Why not slap him with indecent exposure while he's at it. Maybe the sex offenders registry too.

hamster
11-09-2012, 11:31
If the story is accurate then I would say that officer is "That guy" everyone who has worked in LE has worked with one of them. They are the asshat that give the dept a bad name and that other officers hate working with.

This surprises me. If it is any other thread about say rolling a stop-sign or a kid smoking a plant in his mom's basement you don't believe that cops should use their discretion.... unless I'm confusing you with TBO, you are very "letter of the law" generally.

I'm glad you are taking a common sense approach here.

kensb2
11-09-2012, 11:52
Um, their yard sound a lot like my yard. I also live in OK. If I'm out on my property, and need to piss, I should be able to. It's my property. Don't like what you see? Don't look. Also, I hot tub naked (usually at night, so fairly dark). Should I be ticketed for indecent exposure walking from the house to the hot tub? Absolutely ubsurd!

oldman11
11-09-2012, 12:12
You gotta be kidding. The Great Crime Fighter. :rofl:

Berto
11-09-2012, 12:15
Um, their yard sound a lot like my yard. I also live in OK. If I'm out on my property, and need to piss, I should be able to. It's my property. Don't like what you see? Don't look. Also, I hot tub naked (usually at night, so fairly dark). Should I be ticketed for indecent exposure walking from the house to the hot tub? Absolutely ubsurd!

Dude.

Eurodriver
11-09-2012, 12:24

UBSURD!

ADD THAT TO THE GT MEME LIST!

lolol for real! It was irrisputibly ubsurb!

NeverMore1701
11-09-2012, 12:37

That's not ubsurd, it's discusting!

Berto
11-09-2012, 12:40
Irrisputibly gross.

Hawkeye16
11-09-2012, 12:55
Absurd. Or am I missing something?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

kensb2
11-09-2012, 12:58
Absurd. Or am I missing something?

Absurd. I mispelled a word. I'm not perfect. But at least I'll be GT famous for a bit!! :tongueout:

Hawkeye16
11-09-2012, 13:10
4 people spelled it that way. I thought I was going crazy!

JW1178
11-09-2012, 13:30
Gee wiz, what's wrong with that officer, why didn't he arrest him and charge the 3 year old with indecent exposure and then get him registered as a sex offender.

Did he just do it, or did mom let him? I think he just did it. In that case, that LEO needs to be fired ASAP. Sorry, but people with those kind of judgement skills do not need to have a job in LEO. Welcome to the oppressive police state, where the LE spend their time nit-picking the good people for any imperfections while ignoring the real thugs.

It will get thrown out. If for any other reason, our constitution protects us against unreasonable fines.

fowl intent
11-09-2012, 13:34
That's a Barney Fife move if I ever saw one.

Batesmotel
11-09-2012, 13:35
One in every department.

This guy undermines the good work everyone else does.

RWBlue
11-09-2012, 13:48
It is a sex crime register the kid. (Before he learns what sex is.)

OlliesRevenge
11-09-2012, 14:04
Would be interesting to know if the officer really is parked down the street everyday and why.

I agree. My thought is that there is more to the story, and I don't think it has to do with a pattern of a toddler urinating in the yard.

This story caught my attention because the fine is so large, and a few of the details seem strange... like the cop said to have been parking for extended periods down the street - the fact that the local P.D. refused to accept the moms complaint... but then later came out and admitted that "This could have been handled better".

Piedmont is a town w/ < 6000 population. Did the family do something to pi$$ off the city??

Cali-Glock
11-09-2012, 14:34
A three year old living on several acres on a rural road peeing in his front yard is not "pubic urination".

That officer should be fired.

Glocksanity
11-09-2012, 14:50
Our tax dollars hard at work taking more money from the tax payers.

Cops are revenue generating agents for the state. Simple as that. Protect and Serve? Ha. What a joke.

rockapede
11-09-2012, 15:02
A three year old living on several acres on a rural road peeing in his front yard is not "pubic urination".

That officer should be fired.

Do you know the applicable statute? What if, under OK statute or city ordinance, it is indeed public urination? How, exactly do you fire an officer for enforcing an actual law?

Don't misunderstand me, I find the ticket ludicrous if, indeed, the story is complete and accurate. Whether or not it's technically public urination just seems irrelevant.

GRIMLET
11-09-2012, 15:14
Our tax dollars hard at work taking more money from the tax payers.

Cops are revenue generating agents for the state. Simple as that. Protect and Serve? Ha. What a joke.

You should call your local PD and let them know they are a joke and to disregard any 911 calls from you in the future.
That would help the PD cut costs and stop this kind of revenue generating enforcement.

Go ahead, I TRIPLE dog dare you!!!
Hhhahahaaha

RWBlue
11-09-2012, 15:26
You should call your local PD and let them know they are a joke and to disregard any 911 calls from you in the future.
That would help the PD cut costs and stop this kind of revenue generating enforcement.

Hhhahahaaha

If I do this, can I stop funding them with my taxes and treat my property like a sovereign country with no interference from them?

Dragoon44
11-09-2012, 15:31
Look for this ticket to be dismissed.

Unless the law specifically authorizes ticketing the mother then the charge and fine has to be on the one actually urinating. since that is a 3 year old no States Attorney is going to proceed with that.

GRIMLET
11-09-2012, 15:43
If I do this, can I stop funding them with my taxes and treat my property like a sovereign country with no interference from them?

Ohhhhh, you're THAT guy aren't you?
Well, if you want to go all sovereign and such, just go on Youtube and find out how to get arrested, not just your straw man or person but actually YOU.
Then get on a nice federal watch list. Go ahead, be my guest.

Yes, the citation seems out of line. The courts and the officers supervisors will fix the problem. There may or may not be underlying circumstances. We can play the what if game all night. But lets not.

RWBlue
11-09-2012, 16:32
Ohhhhh, you're THAT guy aren't you?
Well, if you want to go all sovereign and such, just go on Youtube and find out how to get arrested, not just your straw man or person but actually YOU.
Then get on a nice federal watch list. Go ahead, be my guest.

You are tell us if we don't like the way the cops are doing their job, tell them to go away. I am telling you I would, but they will not stay away.

So, YES, I am the guy who wants to get what I am paying for.
So, YES, I am the less government guy.
So, YES, I am the guy that believes that cops are just like rest of society. There are good ones and then there are the ones like the idiot who wrote this ticket.

Cali-Glock
11-09-2012, 16:39
Do you know the applicable statute? What if, under OK statute or city ordinance, it is indeed public urination? How, exactly do you fire an officer for enforcing an actual law?

Don't misunderstand me, I find the ticket ludicrous if, indeed, the story is complete and accurate. Whether or not it's technically public urination just seems irrelevant.

Why not charge the 3 year old for sex crime as well? Sounds like the pervert kid was probably trying to flash the old lady down the road.

- bottom like I don't care what the law says - it is not intended to address a small child in his own yard.

Aaahhhh!!!!

What a bunch of uptight European metrosexuals!!!

Glocksanity
11-09-2012, 16:44

Hhhahahaaha

When tyrants pass bad laws and cops/military blindly enforce them, the only protection against tyranny is the armed citizen. That is the reasoning behind the 2A.

As for calling 911, when seconds count, how many minutes or hours are cops away? That is why I am protected by Glock.

Kingarthurhk
11-09-2012, 16:48
It could be worse. Try having a pickup on the Southern Border, the Border Crossers view it as a convenient place to toss their babies dirty diapers.

GRIMLET
11-09-2012, 17:21
When tyrants pass bad laws and cops/military blindly enforce them, the only protection against tyranny is the armed citizen. That is the reasoning behind the 2A.

As for calling 911, when seconds count, how many minutes or hours are cops away? That is why I am protected by Glock.

Thank you you for furthering everyones opinion of just who you are. I hope your city/county/state never passes a law you dont FEEL is unjust.
I would really hate for you to exercise your 2A on something like a parking zone violation.
The courts are there to decide if you are guilty or not. The officer is the eyes and ears of the court since justice is blind.

As for self protection, I whole heartedly agree to defend yourself against criminals. Think about being protected by your mindset, not a Glock. The Glock is a tool. Hmmmm, I see a similarity.

Im not taking up for the officer. However, there may have been circumstances that were not released.

hpracing007
11-09-2012, 17:30
Gotta raise that revenue somehow... I guess speeding tickets aren't getting the job done.

SevenSixtyTwo
11-09-2012, 17:34
Little tyke probably had a bigger http://www.thefreedictionary.com/petcock than the cop.

el_jewapo
11-09-2012, 17:45
Little tyke probably had a bigger http://www.thefreedictionary.com/petcock than the cop.

Interesting. Origin of slang name for that filed away in useless knowledge bank.

Altaris
11-09-2012, 17:56
Wow :wow:

1) $2500 for peeing in public is absolutely insane....even if it was a legit case of an adult in a public place.

2) Giving a 3 year old a ticket for peeing in their own yard is just dumb.

Kingarthurhk
11-09-2012, 18:05
Wow :wow:

1) $2500 for peeing in public is absolutely insane....even if it was a legit case of an adult in a public place.

2) Giving a 3 year old a ticket for peeing in their own yard is just dumb.

It is. The way my son used to go after trees, I'd be broke.

vikingsoftpaw
11-09-2012, 18:23
Im not taking up for the officer. However, there may have been circumstances that were not released.

I think it's an issue of the personality behind the badge.

I remember a case locally a few months ago. An officer cited an individual giving a homeless guy soliciting funds on the road. When he accidentally dropped the dollar bill, the officer wrote the ticket of littering. The dude was looking at at $500+ fine.

The case was made to go away...

These cases create a crapstorm of bad publicity for popo supervisors. One of the better uses of a free press, IMHO.

I suspect wewe-gate will happen much the same.

ray9898
11-09-2012, 18:31
I just have to wonder is $2500 the actual fine or the maximum fine prescribed under the law. I know on some of our paperwork I must list the maximum sentence and the courts decide the rest.

Glocksanity
11-10-2012, 00:05
Thank you you for furthering everyones opinion of just who you are.

Wow. You speak for everyone and everyone thinks the same thing about who I am. Good to know. Here's a tip. Buy some gold.

I hope your city/county/state never passes a law you dont FEEL is unjust.
I would really hate for you to exercise your 2A on something like No worries. I have plenty of money for stupid fines handed out by people in Halloween costumes with guns. I will save my 2A rights for tyranny. Just like the rest of you.

The courts are there to decide if you are guilty or not. The officer is the eyes and ears of the court since justice is blind.

Like the courts got the OJ Simpson trial right? And there are not dirty lying cops and no cops that cover and turn a blind eye to the dirty lying cops?

As for self protection, I whole heartedly agree to defend yourself against criminals. Think about being protected by your mindset, not a Glock. The Glock is a tool. Hmmmm, I see a similarity.

Governments have killed more innocent civilians in the name of law than anyone else. Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, etc... The government and their revenue generators can be criminal as well. Vigilance my man, vigilance.

frizz
11-10-2012, 00:57
This surprises me. If it is any other thread about say rolling a stop-sign or a kid smoking a plant in his mom's basement you don't believe that cops should use their discretion.... unless I'm confusing you with TBO, you are very "letter of the law" generally.

I'm glad you are taking a common sense approach here.

I can give you one "letter of the law" here: a child of that age is incapable of forming criminal intent. I must concede that the ticket was, apparently, issued to mommy rather than the child.

Of course, the mom got the ticket & he don't know everything. Still, the cops here seem to concur that this was an example of Barney poor judgment. I wonder if he demanded an ID from the kid... :supergrin:

The later amending to add contributing to the delinquency of a minor is just simply churlish.

frizz
11-10-2012, 01:00
Gee wiz, what's wrong with that officer, why didn't he arrest him and charge the 3 year old with indecent exposure and then get him registered as a sex offender.

Did he just do it, or did mom let him? I think he just did it. In that case, that LEO needs to be fired ASAP. Sorry, but people with those kind of judgement skills do not need to have a job in LEO. Welcome to the oppressive police state, where the LE spend their time nit-picking the good people for any imperfections while ignoring the real thugs.

It will get thrown out. If for any other reason, our constitution protects us against unreasonable fines.

:rofl:

You are just awful!

frizz
11-10-2012, 01:03
When I was this tyke's age, I remember seeing a pile of dog poop in the front yard with blue-tailed files buzzing around and landing on it.

I decided to do an experiment. Right then and there. I can confirm that human poop also attracts blue-tailed files.

okie
11-10-2012, 02:05
Gotta git those pesky public urinators off the streets don't you know:rofl::rofl:

okie
11-10-2012, 02:06
If that was Lil Johnnys firrst time I think that was a tad over kill:upeyes:

glock_19guy1983
11-10-2012, 07:40
That officer needs a good old country ass whooping and then a termination of employment.

jollygreen
11-10-2012, 08:22
Anyone with a child knows that when they gotta go, THEY GOTTA GO.

It wasn't like that. From the article:

He saw a teenager in the Warden family lead the boy to a spot in the yard to urinate and decided to take action.

If the teen had time to do that, he had time to take him in the house.

As was said earlier, maybe this was a pattern and the officer was tired of it. If I had neighbors like that, I'd be tired of it too.

SGT HATRED
11-10-2012, 09:08
And they wonder why citizens don't "appreciate" them....Can I get an explanation how someone rejects a complaint?
from the article;
The Wardens filed a complaint with the police department. The police department didn't accept the Wardens' complaint. They have a court appearance set for next month.

AZLawDawg
11-10-2012, 09:33
And they wonder why citizens don't "appreciate" them....Can I get an explication how someone rejects a complaint?
from the article;

"Explication", ok, PD's recieve complaints all the time, not all of them are accepted.
Here's an example, I got a complaint that my department voicemail message was "too sexy". Of course, that complaint wasn't accepted.
Most people think that all complaints land on the Chief's desk, that's simply not the case. With that said, it does depend on the nature of the complaint, my complaint was completely stupid, but if someone says "Hey, officer so and so was waving his gun around in a day care center", that is going to get more attention.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 09:37
And they wonder why citizens don't "appreciate" them....Can I get an explication how someone rejects a complaint?
from the article;

Would your like your explication to be irresputable?

4 glocks
11-10-2012, 09:38
It's one way to piss your money away.
Maybe the cop needs to visit a dog park.

SGT HATRED
11-10-2012, 09:41
Would your like your explication to be irresputable?

Very much so!

Damn swype entry...

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 09:42
Very much so!

Damn swype entry...

:rofl:Memes are fun.

Dragoon44
11-10-2012, 09:44
It's a wonder he didn't taze the kid. I mean after all, the kid pulled his "Piece".

:supergrin:

Dragoon44
11-10-2012, 09:45
It wasn't like that. From the article:

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

If the teen had time to do that, he had time to take him in the house.

As was said earlier, maybe this was a pattern and the officer was tired of it. If I had neighbors like that, I'd be tired of it too.

So he sees a teenager take the kid to a spot to pee and tickets mom for it?

No way that ticket is going to fly.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 09:51
I guess they're peed off in Peidmont.:rofl:

Dragoon44
11-10-2012, 09:52
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z222/Dragoon44_bucket/altered_pool.jpg

countsk
11-10-2012, 09:54
No point in cop bashing. We've all worked with or had "that guy" work for us. It just so happens "that guy" in this story is a police officer. There are just jerks in all professions. I highly encourage all supervisors of "that guy" to closely monitor, mentor, coach, threaten, and if need be, terminate "that guy". Hopefully he'll be spending some quality time with the chief in order to thank him for all of the attention and embarrassment he brought to the department.

Altaris
11-10-2012, 11:19
It's a wonder he didn't taze the kid. I mean after all, the kid pulled his "Piece".

So if the cop is watching the little kid pull out his 'peice', does that make the cop a pedo? :wavey:

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 11:26
So if the cop is watching the little kid pull out his 'peice', does that make the cop a pedo? :wavey:

I don't know. Would arresting a naked man make him a meat gazer?

larry_minn
11-10-2012, 11:40

Dang good point. If I got a $1000 ticket every time I "take a leak" in the great outdoors. The local Sheriff's dept would have two choppers, New squads for ever deputy....
I am outside for hrs at a time. The boss gets upset if I drag in dirt so I have to remove shoes. Then its warm so jacket/gloves/etc. Since I am inside (waste 20 min) or just water the grass/trees? I even have jug of water/liquid soap, towels in pickups. (unlike the poster who thinks his junk is clean) I like to wash afterwards.

Dragoon44
11-10-2012, 12:01

Might depend on how long he watched.

GlockRik
11-10-2012, 12:09
Didn't you guys learn anything from Barney. Stuff like this you have to "nip it, nip it in the bud", before things get out of hand.

Dragoon44
11-10-2012, 13:00
Didn't you guys learn anything from Barney. Stuff like this you have to "nip it, nip it in the bud", before things get out of hand.

So right, today he is urinating in public, tomorrow he is jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk!!!

:rofl:

cgwahl
11-10-2012, 13:33
I forget where in Los Angeles I was...but after a convention I get my food at a McDonalds and eat it in the car.

Family in a truck next to me I guess decided it was too much work to go inside and pee. The (I think) five year old just stands to the edge of the cab, drops his pants and starts watering the parking lot.

Classy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SevenSixtyTwo
11-10-2012, 13:35
I forget where in Los Angeles I was...but after a convention I get my food at a McDonalds and eat it in the car.
Family in a truck next to me I guess decided it was too much work to go inside and pee. The (I think) five year old just stands to the edge of the cab, dross his pants and starts watering the parking lot.

Classy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

You eat at McDonalds? That's gross!

NeverMore1701
11-10-2012, 13:48

Discusting!

boomhower
11-10-2012, 16:25
You guys need to also be pissed at the law makers. I cop didn't make up the fine, he cited for public urination. He didn't create the insane and ridiculous fine for it. I have kids, and I understand when a kid needs to go they need to go but they could have went in the house. If it was an adult I wouldn't have an issue with it, just because your on your property doesn't give you the right to do anything you want when your in public view. But, it's a three year old. Talk with the parents and call it a day. Either something else happened on the scene, or more likely, there was some previous incident.

SevenSixtyTwo
11-10-2012, 16:40
I wish letting your dog relieve himself on other people's property was worth a $2500 fine. Tomcats peeing on our wheels every night is a nuisance too. I remember when I was little, girls and boys both would sometimes "make water" outside because we were having so much fun we didn't want to miss anything. I think we make way too much of it. Bums peeing all over other peoples' property and businesses is a different story. That's a health and a nuisance issue.

tantrix
11-10-2012, 16:44
Between me and my son, I'd say we've racked up about $500,000 in fines. :rofl:

RYT 2BER
11-10-2012, 18:52
Im not sure what's worse... The ticket or the fact that tax payer money goes to pay this tools' salary.

I could get MUCH more colorful here but I'll end my post beforehand. Lets just say ill say a little prayer tonight. I hope for the officers sake it doesn't come true.

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 20:49
You guys need to also be pissed at the law makers. I cop didn't make up the fine, he cited for public urination. He didn't create the insane and ridiculous fine for it. I have kids, and I understand when a kid needs to go they need to go but they could have went in the house. If it was an adult I wouldn't have an issue with it, just because your on your property doesn't give you the right to do anything you want when your in public view. But, it's a three year old. Talk with the parents and call it a day. Either something else happened on the scene, or more likely, there was some previous incident.

If you have ever had a three year old boy, you know that when he discovers he can pee on things it is open season. There is no getting that under control for about a year or so.

My son went when he was between three and four went to a well-to-do area library and proceeded to run around a marinate as many trees as he could find much to his mother's dismay.

There is no adult supervision that can stop a little boy from pissing on all sorts of things. They have to grow out of that.

When it is in the remote wilderness, all bets are off no matter how old you are. Ask a Border Patrol Agent, they have pissed on more territory than a three year old boy could dream of.

NEOH212
11-10-2012, 21:14
I hate to play devils advocate here but does the public urination law say, "Except for toddlers?"

It may be a technicality in this case but it does make me pose the following question. Why do we pass laws if we don't enforce them as they are written? After all, laws get passed in the language they are written in for a reason.

More specifically, there was a certain action that was recognized as to be prohibited for a very good reason. That's why the law is specific as to what action was prohibited. Regardless of the circumstances in this case, it was against the law.

Hasn't the lack of enforcing existing laws (weather we agree with them or not) been one of the biggest reasons so many things are out of hand and have gotten that way over the years?

For those that say it's ridiculous to enforce the law in this case, I ask why? If the law is the law and there aren't exceptions written in, then it's a legitimate charge as far as I'm concerned. Why wouldn't it be in purely technical sense?

If we make an exception here, what's next? A grown man or woman wouldn't be able to get away with it. Besides, what kind of example is the mother setting for her child? It's ok to relieve yourself in the view of the public? With that kind mentality is it really any wonder then as to why there are laws prohibiting this sort of thing! :whistling:

Sure, it's just a kid and he didn't know any better, but mom does or at least should. Furthermore, mom should be setting a better example for her children.

(Now cue all the people that will say, "I did it when I was a kid......blah, blah, blah......"

Save your breath! :supergrin:

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the officers actions. I'm merely posing the above questions for everyone to ponder.

SevenSixtyTwo
11-11-2012, 06:20
I hate to play devils advocate here but does the public urination law say, "Except for toddlers?"

It may be a technicality in this case but it does make me pose the following question. Why do we pass laws if we don't enforce them as they are written? After all, laws get passed in the language they are written in for a reason.

More specifically, there was a certain action that was recognized as to be prohibited for a very good reason. That's why the law is specific as to what action was prohibited. Regardless of the circumstances in this case, it was against the law.

Hasn't the lack of enforcing existing laws (weather we agree with them or not) been one of the biggest reasons so many things are out of hand and have gotten that way over the years?

For those that say it's ridiculous to enforce the law in this case, I ask why? If the law is the law and there aren't exceptions written in, then it's a legitimate charge as far as I'm concerned. Why wouldn't it be in purely technical sense?

If we make an exception here, what's next? A grown man or woman wouldn't be able to get away with it. Besides, what kind of example is the mother setting for her child? It's ok to relieve yourself in the view of the public? With that kind mentality is it really any wonder then as to why there are laws prohibiting this sort of thing! :whistling:

Sure, it's just a kid and he didn't know any better, but mom does or at least should. Furthermore, mom should be setting a better example for her children.

(Now cue all the people that will say, "I did it when I was a kid......blah, blah, blah......"

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the officers actions. I'm merely posing the above questions for everyone to ponder.

It doesn't say except for dogs either. They pee and poop all over the place and their owners think we should accept it as normal.
I hope CC or gun ownership altogether isn't outlawed. Some will just accept that it's the law and should be obeyed.

larry_minn
11-11-2012, 20:39
While I did it when I was a kid I also did it twice (at least) today. (and it was dang COLD outside)

Eurodriver
11-11-2012, 20:55

UBSURD!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Patchman
11-11-2012, 21:01

What you pointed out is why many young people today grow up without a sense of responsibility. Their DNA providers were not acting as parents, but rather behaving as their friends, who let them get away with all kinds of things and couldn't say "NO" or dispense discipline.

I can't imagine my parents, or I as a parent, allowing my kids (and their friends) to urinate in the yard when the house bathroom is only a few steps away. G-d forbid that would make the child angry at me!

RYT 2BER
11-11-2012, 21:34
What you pointed out is why many young people today grow up without a sense of responsibility. Their DNA providers were not acting as parents, but rather behaving as their friends, who let them get away with all kinds of things and couldn't say "NO" or dispense discipline.

I can't imagine my parents, or I as a parent, allowing my kids (and their friends) to urinate in the yard when the house bathroom is only a few steps away. G-d forbid that would make the child angry at me!

Ho---- ly crap... DNA...parents.... Behaving as friends!?

This was a toddler taking a pee in his own yard. Get over yourself.

The high morals of gt'ers never ceases to astound me.. What a crock. this thread went full retard pages ago.

I'm about as tolerant as a Tasmanian devil, and even I don't think something wrong was done here.. This was a little toddler boy on his own 2 acre rural properly according to the article.

And the other post from neo... Adults.., making an exception.. Good ****ing Lord!

What a bunch of friggin posers.

Kingarthurhk
11-11-2012, 21:41
While I did it when I was a kid I also did it twice (at least) today. (and it was dang COLD outside)

Heck the last time we had a hurricane and the electricity was knocked out and the well couldn't run, I used to piss right off my back porch.

Kingarthurhk
11-11-2012, 21:48

I hate to tell you, if you had a male child; which it sounds as if you haven't-I can gaurantee you he at some point pissed in your yard. I don't know a kid who hasn't. Not one. Heck, growing up, I knew a kid who would routinely take a dump in his parents backyard.

Heck, growing up, my parents had a heck of a time keeping my sister, when she was a toddler, from tearing off her diaper and streaking around the yard.

It happens. Parents can't control everything or be in all places at all times.

You make a little person with a mind and free will of their own, you do the best you can; however, they grow and make their own way.

In fact some of them grow up and make weird statements like:

noway
11-11-2012, 23:33
I'm not sure what's more shocking this ticket ( $2500) or the statement Warden said as a courtesy, the officer wrote down the cost of the ticket: $2,500.

So how much what was he planning on writting her up for $5K :whistling:

Either way very sad and I always wan people that LEOs are not always your friend. Thing just like this shows why even something as so little of an act is going to cost some one, something.

It would have been very different if the LEO ticket the mom for her son act inside of a Mall, Park or any other public place that had bathrooms. But this is un-beyond belief.
:dunno:

Eurodriver
11-12-2012, 07:35
I'm not sure what's more shocking this ticket ( $2500) or the statement

So how much what was he planning on writting her up for $5K :whistling:

Either way very sad and I always wan people that LEOs are not always your friend. Thing just like this shows why even something as so little of an act is going to cost some one, something.

It would have been very different if the LEO ticket the mom for her son act inside of a Mall, Park or any other public place that had bathrooms. But this is un-beyond belief.
:dunno:

Omg. So many new phrases in just a few days.

UN-beyond belief!!!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

badge315
11-12-2012, 07:56

That duty has been delegated to the New Mexico State Police...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lawsuit-alleges-police-officer-tasered-10-old-school-152530178.html

Dragoon44
11-12-2012, 08:26

It doesn't say that because it does not have too. There is no Federal, State, or county, law that would permit the prosecution of a toddler. End of story.

Urination in public laws are pointed at the individual doing the urinating not their relatives or friends. Without the applicable statute permitting the citing of a relative or a statute for "witnessing someone urinating in public and not stopping it." then the cite to the mother is entirely bogus.

While I may have issues with parents that let their kids urinate in full public I also have issues with officers pursuing improper charges. As I stated before the incident was worth a lecture to mom about the incident but the cite is entirely nonsense unless there is some point of OK public urination law that allows someone other than the person urinating to be charged.

Dragoon44
11-12-2012, 08:28
That duty has been delegated to the New Mexico State Police...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lawsuit-alleges-police-officer-tasered-10-old-school-152530178.html

If that story is accurate then that jackass needs to be fired. AND prosecuted.