Apex Extractor Review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apex Extractor Review

wb880
11-09-2012, 10:23
Since I have not seen anyone post about it I wanted to share my experience with my new Apex Extractors.

I never really had poor performance with my Gen 4 Glocks, but I have seen my ejections all over the place, and 2-4 times per hundred I do get hit in the forehead with brass.

I replaced my factory extractors with the Apex and have the 30274 ( not sure if that the right number, but most current ejector) ejector installed. I did this on 2 Gen 4 17's, a gen4 19, and a gen4 26.

I took all the guns to the range and fired 100rds each of winchester white box through them.

3 of the guns performed great and the ejection was so consistant my casings were landing in a 5 gallon bucket 3ft aft and 4 ft to the right of the gun with both 17's and the 19. The 26 was also very consistant with the exceptiong of one casing, per mag, being ejected up at 1230 and landing one foot away to the right.

Overall I am very impressed with the apex extractor, and if I buy more 9mm glocks I will pick up more of these.

The only thing I wished was changed is the Apex engraving on the side of the extractor, as I like a plain llok more.

125K9
11-09-2012, 10:41
Very good review and thank you. Please let us know how the second hundred or so rounds go. I want to get a G26 but can't quite figure out which generation to go with.

Travelin' Jack
11-09-2012, 11:16
Very good review and thank you. Please let us know how the second hundred or so rounds go. I want to get a G26 but can't quite figure out which generation to go with.

If I buy any new Glocks, I'm waiting on the USA made version of the model(s) I want to come out.

TTex
11-09-2012, 11:29
Thanks for the info!
I'm considering one for my wife's Gen 4 19.
Anyone know how long the line is for the next batch?

SJ 40
11-09-2012, 11:37
Call and get in line. https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid67.html
SJ 40