Interesting maps. Population v. density v. voting. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting maps. Population v. density v. voting.

F14Scott
11-09-2012, 11:13
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2010/02/usa-2000-population-density.gif

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/statepop512.png

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/countymaprb1024.png

moishlashen
11-09-2012, 11:22
The "heat map" depresses me.

HerrGlock
11-09-2012, 11:25
That makes sense. Those who live in more population dense areas tend to rely on Gov't to supply everything and don't see any issue with Gov't taking over more and more areas of their lives.

Schools, streets, police, fire, etc. Out in the sticks none of that is really a given and people are more likely to not want interference but in the city the people are used to complaining to a Gov't entity to "fix it."

hamster
11-09-2012, 11:28
That makes sense. Those who live in more population dense areas tend to rely on Gov't to supply everything and don't see any issue with Gov't taking over more and more areas of their lives.

Schools, streets, police, fire, etc. Out in the sticks none of that is really a given and people are more likely to not want interference but in the city the people are used to complaining to a Gov't entity to "fix it."

Except for the farm subsidies. They have no problem takin' those.

HerrGlock
11-09-2012, 11:32

I would be willing to bet most people who live in the sticks don't get them.

But, hey, nice try to shift it all over to something you have your panties in a wad over.

Glock20 10mm
11-09-2012, 12:15

Sooo, cities are the problem! Level them! Nuke them from orbit!!! Then we will see a return to good ol' conservative values!

Tongue in cheek... for some that don't see it.

Carrys
11-09-2012, 12:21

Yep, and I see that the govt is doing a bang up job helping the Sandy victims.

FEMA offices closed due to weather.........nothing has made me laugh harder in days.:rofl:

Shucks dude, I would like to find any "farmer" who isn't a multinational conglam now a days. You act as if there's some old man with hundreds falling out of his overhalls collecting the checks.

Wake up.:wavey:

hamster
11-09-2012, 12:23
Shucks dude, I would like to find any "farmer" who isn't a multinational conglam now a days. You act as if there's some old man with hundreds falling out of his overhalls collecting the checks.

Wake up.:wavey:

Doesn't matter if it is Archer Daniels Midland or Just Daniel in Midland. Multinational or individual. Collecting a subsidy is the same thing no?

Carrys
11-09-2012, 12:23
Sooo, cities are the problem! Level them! Nuke them from orbit!!! Then we will see a return to good ol' conservative values!

Tongue in cheek... for some that don't see it.

Dang dude!

I was just about ready to join ya.

**sigh**

Carrys
11-09-2012, 12:25
Doesn't matter if it is Archer Daniels Midland or Just Daniel in Midland. Multinational or individual. Collecting a subsidy is the same thing no?

Nope, I'm not playing.:wavey:

Hawkeye16
11-09-2012, 12:59
Yes a subsidy is a subsidy. Farmers don't care for them either. As long as NOBODY gets them. Without them prices rise to offset their extra costs. The market is an efficient machine without the government throwing wrenches into it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)