world war z trailer. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : world war z trailer.

BEER
11-09-2012, 12:08
i searched but didn't see a thread on this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HcwTxRuq-uk

PBCounty
11-09-2012, 12:26
No audio on my work PC but it looks like it could be a winner. I'm down.

hamster
11-09-2012, 12:26
I've never liked fast zombies... I'm more of a slow, lumbering type zombie fan. I can't wait for this movie though.

2.0tspeed
11-09-2012, 12:30
The zombies in the trailer are nothing like the ones in the book so disappointing but ill hold judgement till I see it

slick64
11-09-2012, 12:31
I liked the book. This looks like its focusing on the events that led to the zombies taking over, not so much 10yrs after?

Crypsis
11-09-2012, 12:38
That movies looks like pure Hollywood dumbassery!

My first hate is that they took a unique concept like a post-event recollection flashback like World War Z and made it a stupid blow up, shoot em up movie.

My second hate is all the CGI zombie tidal wave ridiculousness. Could it get any more stupid?!

I won't watch it. As much as I want to support zombie movies so they keep getting produced, I need to send a message. Hollywood producers need to stop making stupid crap and actually grow some balls, break the mold and make something good.

BEER
11-09-2012, 13:19
Hollywood producers need to stop making stupid crap and actually grow some balls, break the mold and make something good.

haul your ass to hollywood and show em how it's done.

Diesel McBadass
11-09-2012, 13:19
never read the book, looks exiting to me, cant wait.

tsmo1066
11-09-2012, 13:28
It may be a good movie, but that is NOT the "World War Z" story enshrined in the book.

1) WWZ zombies are the slow, lumbering creatures of George A. Romero fame, not sprinting cannibals.

2) The WWZ story takes place 10 years AFTER a zombie uprising and although it tells a number of survivor stories which include flashbacks and such, it does not ever touch on the central character's own survival story.

Personally, I though the WWZ movie would have followed the book concept more closely and been shot as a series of 10-20 minute, individual survival stories told from differing perspectives. This looks more like an American version of "28 Days Later".

I'll go see it, but I harbor no illusions about this being an even remotely close adaptation of the book.

Restless28
11-09-2012, 13:47
Not even close to the excellent book.

Morris
11-09-2012, 13:58
The book, for all the silliness of the zombie genre, was a very good read. Granted, it's a small trailer but I'm seeing very little that ties it to the book.

Read the book. Worth it because it shows the human perspective in dealing with a world wide crisis, in a dang near plausible story.

tsmo1066
11-09-2012, 13:58
What made the book so special was its completely unique perspective on the whole "zombie apocalypse" theme. Instead of merely dragging the reader through a first-hand tale of survival against all odds, the book looked at how surviving an apex event like a zombie apocalypse would reshape society as a whole. It did this by looking backwards from the perspective of a UN Analyst who, ten years after the fact, is compiling first-hand accounts of a global zombie uprising from different survivors all over the world.

This movie takes that unique perspective and throws it in the trash, only to replace it with the same, tired, old, worn out "race against time" action movie layout that is already so nauseatingly over-used in this genre.

The film may turn out to be an OK action flick, but it definitely won't have that special, unique point of view that made the book a true one-of-a-kind.

Morris
11-09-2012, 14:08
I've told folks that the book was one of the rare ones I devoured in a night and it spooked the hell out of me. Well written stuff.

syntaxerrorsix
11-09-2012, 14:27
100% agree with previous posters. Lots of discrepancies from the book based on the short trailer. Will I watch it? Hell yeah.

Hines57
11-09-2012, 15:33
Looks like a good film. Don't see much of the book though.

Just saw a trailer for "Red Dawn". That looks bad. Why couldn't they keep the original concept?

JW1178
11-09-2012, 16:57
Hmm, well coordinated, fast zombies? The idea of the zombie has always been that the part of the brain that controls thought and consious is destroyed leaving what is left just being survival instinct. The fine tuning of our motor skills and inteligence comes from the parts of the brain that are destroyed by the virus or bacteria, so basically, a zombie by all respects would not be able to move very quickly, in fact, barely be able to walk. So really, fast moving, well coordinated, and even the idea they can organize or coordinate, well, those wouldn't be zombies exactly. Perhaps just the part of the brain that establishes right from wrong and morality and such being destroyed would turn them into rabid animals, but besides that, I don't see it.

Wait.... It's Hollywood.

T-Rod45
11-09-2012, 17:13
Even though I'm not a fan of fast "zombies", (the traditional, Romero-correct zombie is the only true zombie), I'll still watch it.

Movies like this and 28 Days/Weeks Later are fun to watch, but if I want an authentic zombie masterpiece, I'll continue watching The Walking Dead.

EdTracker
11-09-2012, 17:31
WWZ is a movie about zombies, slow moving monsters that never stop without a brain scrambling. They DON'T eff en run you down! Zombies, NOT the infected (the base of the "fast zombie" genre.

What a way to ruin an awesome book that could have been used almost verbatim, as a great screenplay. Constant changes of scenery with an insidious theme to tie everything together. Wow, that book was a great read. I wish that I hadn't seen the trailer.

Slow monsters that grind you down are way more terrifying than a bath-salts crazed maniac. Dagg, we already have those in Miami. No imagination required.

norm357
11-09-2012, 17:51
Max Brooks signed off on the movie. I will go with his opinion.

Keoking
11-09-2012, 18:00
In the next trailer, a zombie picks up a Glock and it makes a click when he cocks it. And then when the zombie has emptied the mag, the trigger keeps clicking. Just wait.

EdTracker
11-09-2012, 18:06
Max Brooks signed off on the movie. I will go with his opinion.

No Max Brooks signed a big FAT royalty check and dropped it into his bank account.

My lowered impression of MB selling out does not warm me to the changes from the book shown in the trailer. I never bought a metallica CD after they started fellatiating the music industry bigwigs and I won't give HW my dollars endorsing their mutilation of a really good genre correct book.

Max can do whatever he wants with his royalty check, just not hold a lot of integrity in my eyes.

Tx-SIG229
11-09-2012, 18:59
US olympic team ought to recruit some of these zombies for track n field...

AZLawDawg
11-09-2012, 19:06
No Max Brooks signed a big FAT royalty check and dropped it into his bank account.

My lowered impression of MB selling out does not warm me to the changes from the book shown in the trailer. I never bought a metallica CD after they started fellatiating the music industry bigwigs and I won't give HW my dollars endorsing their mutilation of a really good genre correct book.

Max can do whatever he wants with his royalty check, just not hold a lot of integrity in my eyes.

I'm surprised he did, it's not like he needs the money, he's got some pretty big name parents. Every man's gotta choose his own path though.

Lampshade
11-09-2012, 19:06
Well, it clearly won't be like the book but I had a feeling that was coming all along so I'm just going to go in with an open mind and enjoy it as much as I can for what it is.

OlliesRevenge
11-09-2012, 19:36
Zombies even more bad *** than the 28 Days Later "rage virus" zombies? I'll go see it at a matinee for sure.

thesid
11-09-2012, 20:24
Audio book was great!

Hawaiiglock
11-09-2012, 20:49
The movie was supposed to hit theaters in December but some higher up was so ticked off by the final product that he/she made them go re shoot parts of the movie. It looks like it will hit theaters in Feb 2013. I like zombie movies, I'll probably shell out the 15 bucks to go see this at the theaters.

MtBaldy
11-09-2012, 21:21
I read the book on someone's recommendation even though I didn't think I would like it. I read it through in one sitting. Movie looks like the only similarity is the title. I'll probably wait until it comes to cable.

F14Scott
11-09-2012, 21:38
I don't care for the fast-moving, cooperative zombies in the trailer. However, I suppose as long as the protagonists are doing the smart things to fight them, it could be a good flick.

My interest in zombie movies is directly proportional to how smart the humans are. When they do dumb stuff, don't learn, and then get overrun, I tune out pretty quickly.

norm357
11-09-2012, 21:47

I wasn't aware that you knew Max Brooks.

Gino
11-10-2012, 13:31
The guy who did Babylon 5 (one of the best sci fi shows ever), was hired to write the script. Supposedly, he wrote a script that was true to the book. The movie execs rejected it and had it rewritten as this new film.

I'd really like to see the original script made into a movie. This is just another example of the movie industry taking the easy way out instead of trying to be innovative.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is run by a small group of people who have little imagination, and no real appreciation of their fan base.

Averageman
11-10-2012, 14:02
When I see thos efast moving zombies I think of Army Ants or something like that, a massive one minded eating herd.
I like all zombie movies through.

tylernt
11-10-2012, 14:33
I liked what I saw in the trailer. A movie about "10 years later" sounds boring.

Zombies that are smart(er) and work together are interesting too. Romero himself made a movie about them -- it's called Land of the Dead, which I think is one of Romero's best works.

FLIPPER 348
11-10-2012, 14:44
never read the book, looks exiting to me, cant wait.

The book is fantastic, no way a movie version could be 1/10th as good.

rick458
11-10-2012, 14:54
I would have been cool to see 10 different scenes with 10 different directors, like a Kill Bill thing.
Is the A Bomb survivor going to be in it?, that was my favorite chapter.

RedNine
11-10-2012, 15:12
Ant swarm zombies?

EdTracker
11-10-2012, 15:19
"I wasn't aware that you knew Max Brooks. "

Never met him, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn the other night.

AZLawDawg
11-10-2012, 15:53
So, since most here have read it, what was your favorite part? Mine are a todd up between the Battle of Yonkers, the Pilot, or the unusually harrowing story with the little girl in the Church as it got overrun.

Restless28
11-10-2012, 16:49
So, since most here have read it, what was your favorite part? Mine are a todd up between the Battle of Yonkers, the Pilot, or the unusually harrowing story with the little girl in the Church as it got overrun.

I liked the Tokyo one, the pilot one, and the South African one. North Korea's demise was harrowing.

AZLawDawg
11-10-2012, 17:51
I liked the Tokyo one, the pilot one, and the South African one. North Korea's demise was harrowing.

Oh man, that Japan portion was fantastic.

Morris
11-10-2012, 19:02
I liked the Wenatchee portion, because it was close to home.

JFrame
11-14-2012, 06:52
I agree with the sentiments expressed by most in preferring slow-moving zombies -- am disappointed that this movie is giving us Zack Snyder zombies instead of George Romero zombies. In fact, based on the clip, these zombies look/act more like the "vampires" from the Will Smith version of "I Am Legend" (and I hated that representation). Maybe at some point, the CGI will get sophisticated enough to portray zombie/vampire swarms with total believability. So far, they come across cartoonish to me.

George Romero, and also the depictions in "The Walking Dead" series, show us that zombies can be plenty scary and threatening if done right. Clearly, even Max Brooks envisioned the Romero version when he wrote his zombie books.

Having said that...Yeah, I'll see this new movie...