trijicon rmr on a glock 17 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trijicon rmr on a glock 17

q3 custom
11-09-2012, 12:33
my humble review of the trijicon rmr ( rm07 6.5dot) red dot sight on a glock 17.in my opinion this is the future of pistol shooting,an outstanding system but only paired with fixed suppressor sights ,they help the shooter find the dot and allow for a backup sight when the rmr fails.now the bad the rmr sight is not ready for prime time.my first sight lasted 400Rd's the lens came unglued and out of focus to the point where the backup sights were unusable.i called trijicon and was met with ambivalence and directed to the website for a return repair invoice,i did receive it 4 days later.i was not happy after talking to trijicon ,so i called brownells for a replacement sight, i called on a Monday and had a replacement sight on Wednesday. outstanding service.so i mount the new sight and off to range to sight in ,at approx 100 Rd's the lens came unglued and out of focus. one can not rely on a combat sight that has the lens glued in place-if trijicon corrects this problem then and only then is it a good usable sight and an outstanding shooting system- PS i tried to post a question about the service life of the rmr on another forum with 20+pages of rmr info and was banned for life?????

Airborne Infantryman
11-09-2012, 20:31
Don't feel bad about getting banned there......the guys who frequent Lightfighter are pretty much all ****** bags. (If Lightfigher is who you're referring to)

The phrase "death dealing Gerber ninja" comes to mind.

I tend to stick with only the Dual-Illuminated RMR's, as the Adjustable LED versions have issues that Trijicon is currently working on taking care of.

I've read of ONE issue with a Dual-Illum RMR going down...........and that was due to a guy putting one on a mount right above the gas tube on an AK and going full retard, effectively melting the lens.

silversport
11-10-2012, 04:58
what issue with the adjustable LED (since I have one) and a regular LED model???...no issues yet...but I'd like to know what to look out for...

Bill

q3 custom
11-10-2012, 07:27
you will know right off ,you wont be able to focus through the lens.the lens shifts loose from the edges and moves back and out of focus-rendering the sight" hors de combat"-try asking on Warrior Talk Forums and see if you have better luck than i. thanks q3 out

kodiakpb
11-10-2012, 08:56
I have a RM07 and will be keeping a close eye out on this. So far no issues

onebigelf
11-10-2012, 15:12
I've had the dual illuminated on my 19 for over 2 years now with zero problems. Love it love it love it. Banned on warriortalk? Not surprising since they have basically pioneered this system and sell LOTS of conversions. The KING over there (you know who) is really knowledgeable, but he's definitely conscious of the paycheck and sometimes I think he's been reading his own press-releases for too long. A real shame because IMO he's done a lot for shooting sports, self-defense and tactical shooting. I fell afoul of his attitude a few years ago for asking a question. My friends and I were getting ready to book a class as a group and decided to grace Gunsite with our money instead. Glad we did. It was an incredible experience. Going as a group, we've also been able to continue to improve as different people remembered/mastered different things and so we've been able to continue to work on the skills we learned.