Killers & the tv show 48 Hours [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Killers & the tv show 48 Hours

acaligunner
11-09-2012, 12:51
I am confused

Why do most of the killers on 48 hours break down and cry, some even say they are sorry for what they have done. :crying:

If you didn't want to kill, why did they commit murder?

Are they crazy, or just couldn't control their emotions.

Didn't they know the people they murdered would die a horrible death. What is going on with these people?

Mr T
11-09-2012, 13:03
because its in the script.:whistling:

Lampshade
11-09-2012, 13:04
Why do most of the killers on 48 hours break down and cry, some even say they are sorry for what they have done. :crying:

What an intriguing question.

Because, y'know, people never do things that they later regret.

Carrys
11-09-2012, 13:11
I am confused

Are they crazy, or just couldn't control their emotions.

Didn't they know the people they murdered would die a horrible death. What is going on with these people?

After having interviewed many, many criminals over the years.....I can offer an opinion.

The vast share of 'em don't cry because they're sorry, it's because they are caught.:wavey:

BEANCOUNTER
11-09-2012, 14:17
After having interviewed many, many criminals over the years.....I can offer an opinion.

The vast share of 'em don't cry because they're sorry, it's because they are caught.:wavey:

I think you may have the correct answer.

airmotive
11-09-2012, 15:29

Having never interviewed a criminal, I was gonna offer the same reasoning...but I defer to experience.

acaligunner
11-09-2012, 15:44
I saw a show yesterday where 3 young hoods planned a
Robbery and then when they got caught, they really didn't
Even know why they had killed the man. Then they all broke
Down and told on each other.

The killer later cried and said he didn't really mean to kill the
Man ( after he fired twice ?? ). I just sat there thinking how
Stupid, and that these kids ( I know ), in there 20's had just
Thrown their lives away. Most of these murders are killing good
People for what seems like petty theif crimes. It's kinda sad
All the way around.

JW1178
11-09-2012, 17:02

Yup, they only have emotions for themselves.

Most idiots don't think, they just act. They have very low brain power. They know what they are doing is wrong and illegal, but that never crossed their minds.

ray9898
11-09-2012, 17:35
Some cry because they are remorseful, some feel it immediately and some after time passes. Some cry because they got caught.

You have to remember, a good percentage of people are killed every day simply because a crime 'went bad'. The situation like Acaligunner described is pretty common. Teen(normally) plan on robbing someone using a gun as a threat with no intention of killing anyone. They never really planned on using violence and expected the threat of the gun would make it successful. When the crime did not go as planned they panic and pull the trigger in that split second decision.

Hauptmann6
11-09-2012, 22:42
Do you mean the show The First 48? Usually cause they are scared as to what is going to happen to them.

okie
11-10-2012, 01:49
The vast share of 'em don't cry because they're sorry, it's because they are caught.:wavey:This is the right answer right here:supergrin:

stevelyn
11-10-2012, 02:03
Because the sociopath bastids got caught. Criminals are generally about themselves.

Arc Angel
11-10-2012, 04:15
I am confused. Why do most of the killers on 48 hours break down and cry, some even say they are sorry for what they have done. :crying: ........

Because in our present governmental system, feigning remorse is the best way to get out of jail; and, not being stupid, these murderers realize it. I absolutely guarantee that tearful bogus epiphanies of regret are in the futures of both Jared Loughner and James Holmes. Keep either one of these guys alive for long enough and he will begin vociferously repenting his sins to anyone who will listen.

(Remember Carla Faye Tucker with her, 'multiple homicidal orgasms'? What a maudlin final show she put on: Peace, love, joy, hope, flowers, and God! It became really difficult to imagine her as a libidinous drug-crazed lunatic hacking miserable terrified people to death, over and over again, with an axe.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Faye_Tucker

2-8 Marine
11-10-2012, 06:45

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

frizz
11-10-2012, 07:32

Much like children caught doing something wrong, eh?

I know someone who killed a stoned kid who was breaking into his daughter's window at 2:00AM. Legal defense of his family, and legal here; no crime.

Still, he had horrible remorse for killing a person. Of course, he wasn't a thug, and I gather that you deal mostly with thugs.

ysr_racer
11-10-2012, 07:46

Do any of them ever say, "I have nothing to say until I speak to a lawyer? I want a lawyer".

These shows always end the same way, "After 14 hours of questioning, Joe Blow finally confessed".

method
11-10-2012, 08:29
What I want to know is, what's the deal with so many of the suspects, the usual type, who pull their arms inside of their shirts when they're being interrogated? Some sort of spontaneous psychological regression; hugging themselves? They trying to hide?

BSA70
11-10-2012, 08:39
I follow 48hrs, dateline, etc... I find the shows pretty interesting if it's not a re run.
The things I have gotten out of these shows.

1. I thank the good Lord I'm not in the dating world at 42 years old.
2. Never , Never, meet someone on the internet.
3. If you are in the dating world, run a criminal back ground check!
4. Avoid beautiful women!

There are some crazy folks out there!

ysr_racer
11-10-2012, 08:53
5. Never talk to the cops :)

1-2man
11-10-2012, 09:53
5. Never talk to the cops :)

I'm suprised more don't heed this advice. They just start blabbing away (for the most part.) :dunno: