Sent conversion kit back. Still have problems. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sent conversion kit back. Still have problems.

theflatlander
11-09-2012, 14:36
I posted a topic a while ago about having problems with my AA g23 Gen4 conversion slide. I could not get the slide lock mechanism to function correctly and I had to force the slide to lock up which was causing the slide to be pushed back to far to the rear and sitting about a 1/8 inch back to far from being correctly lined up with the frame.

I sent pictures to AA and they said send the slide in for they can have a look. they tried the slide on three frames sent me pics and it lined up on all three fine.

ArcAngel pointed out to check the slide lock mechanism and I did when I got the kit back. I had it it back wards :upeyes:. I switched the lock around the way it should be and now I cant even get my frame to lock the conversion slide into place at all! The factory slide still locks up fine. The only way I can even get the frame to start locking into place is if I have the slide lock inback wardss.
I'm
m very confused here on whats going on. Should I just buy a new slide lock mechanism and hope that takes care of the problem? Any thing else to look at?

ken grant
11-09-2012, 14:50
install the slidelock the proper way, install AA Kit and then put the end of the barrel against something and push.

I bet it will work then.

I have 5 AA Kits and only one of them acts this way. It is the G30 Conversion and I treat it as above and it locks in place.

If I don't push in on the barrel, the slide lock doesn't catch as it should.

theflatlander
11-09-2012, 17:54
install the slidelock the proper way, install AA Kit and then put the end of the barrel against something and push.

I bet it will work then.

I have 5 AA Kits and only one of them acts this way. It is the G30 Conversion and I treat it as above and it locks in place.

If I don't push in on the barrel, the slide lock doesn't catch as it should.

tried this with no luck. I think a new slide lock is in order. don't know what else to do. the only way I can get it work is with the slide lock turned around and then it still only partially locks