Assassins Creed III [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

Gonzoso
11-09-2012, 15:09
Anyone else get this game? I haven't bought a game in a long time, and Sandy was good to me with lots of downed trees to cut up.

This game is pretty fun, I like it much better than Assassins Creed II.

I really like killing the red coats. The other one I played I was killing Italians all day. While I hate Jersey Shore and their ilk, I've got nothing against those folks.

But I can really get into slaying the heck out of some limey imperialists.:supergrin:

I did notice that it seems kind of glitchy once in a while, but its a huge map.

I'm not much into video games, I really only play them Nov-Feb. at night when I've got nothing better to do so I don't buy many, and this is only the second X box game I've bought new, but it was definitely a good buy.

What say the rest of GNG?

Batesmotel
11-09-2012, 15:43
My 24 yr old daughter loves it.

Makes her work harder than I or II.

Magnus2131
11-09-2012, 15:47
Sports are more my genre but I'd like to try it.

SpoiledBySig
11-09-2012, 15:53
I got it for my 14 year old son the day it came out (PS3). I don't play video games, but I asked if the game was, "glitchy"?

He told me it was glitchy, but that all new games are glitchy, but you can repair the problem with an on-line patch.

I thought the game concept (American Revolution era) was kind of cool. :cool:

Jay9928
11-09-2012, 16:10
Friend at work said it was awesome. Might have to try it. I am awaiting GTA V

Restless28
11-09-2012, 16:30
I enjoyed watching my son play and meet George Washington, Paul Revere and Benjamin Franklin.

cyphertext
11-09-2012, 16:32
It is on our buy list, but probably a used copy. My son got Halo 4 on Tuesday, and Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2 are on the list before Assassins Creed 3.

elliotb33
11-09-2012, 16:35
It is on our buy list, but probably a used copy. My son got Halo 4 on Tuesday, and Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2 are on the list before Assassins Creed 3.

FYI Walmart Black Friday games are $25. I'll be getting a few.

arclight610
11-09-2012, 17:45
My local Gamestop didn't have any copies. They had to throw them all out to make room for all the money from the Halo 4 release.

Dennis in MA
11-09-2012, 18:13
Looks interesting. I might be in. I rarely play games, but this could be fun.

Gonzoso
11-09-2012, 20:34
A little hint, when you want a new game check online and see if the website for Gamestop has a used game in stock.

They often get used games sold to them soon after release. Case in point 3 days ago I bought Assassins Creed III used for 47$.

They often won't put them on the shelves, but I told them I saw it online in the inventory and they opened up a locked drawer and pulled my copy out.

SpoiledBySig
11-09-2012, 20:51
A little hint, when you want a new game check online and see if the website for Gamestop has a used game in stock.

They often get used games sold to them soon after release. Case in point 3 days ago I bought Assassins Creed III used for 47$.

They often won't put them on the shelves, but I told them I saw it online in the inventory and they opened up a locked drawer and pulled my copy out.

I got to remember that. I think I pre-ordered that game for my son almost a year ago and paying like $ 10.00 0R $20.00 AND THEN PAYING $59.00 more to get a new game.

NeverMore1701
11-09-2012, 20:54
I'll give it a shot once I need a break from Halo 4. It'll be a while :supergrin:

jtmac
11-09-2012, 21:48
I understand that it doesn't live up to the hype, but I'm still excited. I never pay full price for games, but I bought the deluxe edition on Steam. The PC version isn't out until the 20th, though... so I wait.

voyager4520
11-10-2012, 04:05
Even with all the bugs it's my favorite Assassin's Creed game and among my top 10 favorite games. There are going to be three single-player DLC's that go into a fictional alternate history called "The Tyranny of King Washington" where Washington basically takes over the colonies as a dictator.

Hopefully they'll fix the bulk of the bugs in the next patch. There are a few horrible ones where you may fall through the map or fall to your death in a "de-synch" zone and it will continuously respawn you in that zone so you just have to start a new game. The only bug I've experienced is that if you have the dual holsters, each one will have a different pistol in it, they're both supposed to be the same pistol.

I heard that Best Buy is going to be selling Assassin's Creed III for $35 on Black Friday. Good luck with that though, every time I've gone to a Best Buy on Black Friday it's been an around-the-block line to get in and once you do it's nearly shoulder-to-shoulder inside the store, and you just hope they have what you want in stock. I'd rather pay the extra $25 to not have to go through that.

fivestar
11-10-2012, 04:44
I have it for Xbox. Very nice, although id agree that so far, in my progress, its not quite living up to the hype.

Hopefully it'll pick up.

Dennis in MA
11-10-2012, 07:13
It's $56 shipped at amazon with prime. Might have to pick it up. A game my son may be able to sit with me on. He can't watch CoD and such. Too intense.

jtmac
11-10-2012, 09:42
It's $56 shipped at amazon with prime. Might have to pick it up. A game my son may be able to sit with me on. He can't watch CoD and such. Too intense.

While the games don't really glorify violence (Revelations), there is... a lot of violence. It is "Assassin's Creed" after all. The picture on the cover is a guy about to put a tomahawk into a guy. The tone is certainly different from CoD, though (ie, every moment isn't trying to be from the very middle of a Hollywood action sequence).

TalkToTheGlock
11-10-2012, 20:02
I just finished sequence 5. So far it is hit or miss.

After playing every AC game on console to date, this is my least favorite thus far. I hope it picks up in the second half of the game.

Favorite would have to be AC2 and Brotherhood.