This show is such a fail.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This show is such a fail....

PrincessCelica
11-09-2012, 15:29
Watching "Prophets of Doom." These men are complaining about how there are too many people on this planet and it's because of fossil fuels. And now because there are too many people, we're burning through all these fuels at a rate that's not sustainable, so we're going to end up with a crash that sends us all back to the Dark Ages.

Yet in many of the interviews of these guys individually, they're shown riding a train, flying in a plane, on a bus....:upeyes:

"Damn you people, stop using up all those fossil fuels. Oh but I'm allowed to keep using them cuz, well, I NEED them!":upeyes::upeyes: Apparently they got their lessons from Al Gore.:rofl:

dango
11-09-2012, 15:44
Three charts:

Human gorowth....!
OIL production......!
Economy.......!

Like in the X-Files , the truth is out there ....:tongueout:

PrincessCelica
11-09-2012, 15:48
FTR: I agree with their message. I don't think we can continue to live at our current standard forever. My issue is instead with the way they're delivering that message. (i.e. complaining about fuel, but then being shown in an environment where a lot of that fuel is being used)

Txnowtn
11-09-2012, 16:05
Looks like the qualifications for being one of these prophets are about the same as for being an "ancient astronaut theorist". All these History shows are just entertainment to me. Something to watch when there's nothing to watch.

PrincessCelica
11-09-2012, 16:10
That's pretty much why I'm watching it (or that Ancient Aliens show)... Background noise...

Txnowtn
11-09-2012, 16:19
I have to respect those Ancient Aliens guys - you simply say that every event in world/human history was caused by aliens and you get featured on a TV show!

PrincessCelica
11-09-2012, 16:24
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/geminiangel23/Funny/aliens.jpg

This picture cracks me up everytime!