Glock 27 FTF yet again second range report. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 27 FTF yet again second range report.

GunsNBibles
11-09-2012, 19:16
So I discovered that my magazines have two different followers. One has a gen 7 the other a gen 8. The gen 7 had a FtF today and I assume that it was the culprit the first time too. No misfires this time. 100 rounds, and had the FTF at around the 80 mark.

---------------------------------------
Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown

TnShooter83
11-09-2012, 22:56
I'd try a newer follower. They are cheaper than a new mag.
It could be the mag itself, do you know the round count on the mag? Was the gun new when you bought it?

Here is a link to the newer #9 follower. $4.95

http://www.topgunsupply.com/glock-magazine-follower-9-.40.html

GunsNBibles
11-09-2012, 23:07
Gun was used with, according to the seller, a low round count of about 500 to 600 rounds. Not sure of the round count on the mag itself, I have 259 rounds through the gun so far.

---------------------------------------
Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown

TnShooter83
11-09-2012, 23:28
I have no idea how old your pistol is but I do know Glocks mags can go a long time being used and even kept loaded, even fully loaded. But I also know they can and will get weak if you use them enough and keep them loaded long enough. Some will say you can leave them loaded as long as you want and that loading and unloading (firing the pistol to unload) will cause it to weaken faster than keeping it loaded. That's fine they can believe what they want and may even be right ( I just don't think so)

My Uncle is a School Security Officer and has a G22 with LESS than 2000 rounds through it (more like 1200) and he has a bad/weak mag as he keeps his loaded ALL the time 357 days a year. I have shot other Glocks 9mm and 40 with well over 1500 rounds through them and they worked fine.

The G27 being a smaller pistol will have LESS mass to push the round in the chamber and combine that with FASTER cycle rates than full size pistols and Mags are important.

I'd rebuild the mag(s) with springs and a newer follower. Or just go buy a new mag and go from there. If that doesn't do it try a recoil spring and give the slide that extra little power to push the round home. But I'd be sure the mags are good BEFORE the new recoil spring is replaced.

Yeah I know that was alot of reading to just say replace the mag. But I thought you might want to know why you should replace the mag. Especially in a smaller gun with unknown round count.

I'll throw it out there only because I have to since it COULD cause the problem. But if you shoot enough (mainly smaller pistols) your body/wrist/finger etc can become fatigued and cause problems.
You may not even realize it. But this would be the LAST thing I'd look at..