Gun sign question. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun sign question.

okie
11-09-2012, 21:03
I went to a jewler to look at some watches, and they had a sticker on the door with a revolver with a red circle and slash through it. That sign just means revolvers, it doesn't pertain to semi autos right:headscratch:

jfost11
11-09-2012, 21:12
It may be handguns in general so just stick with long guns. Strap two AR-15s across your back like a machine gun toting ninja turtle and ask for one of those really big watches like the rappers wear!

TactiCool
11-09-2012, 21:16
I'm pretty sure the statute has to be listed as well for it to have any legal significance. Check your state's laws to be sure.

IndianaMatt
11-09-2012, 21:17
I went to a jewler to look at some watches, and they had a sticker on the door with a revolver with a red circle and slash through it. That sign just means revolvers, it doesn't pertain to semi autos right:headscratch:

Its like when you see a sign that says "no shoes, no shirt - no service."

I just assume I can walk in there wearing only a thong - so long as I'm wearing a t-shirt and my cowboy boots.

Rick C
11-09-2012, 21:19

Them "jewler" folks is tricky.:supergrin:

okie
11-09-2012, 21:22
Them "jewler" folks is tricky.:supergrin:

You damn right they are my friend:rofl::rofl:

HarleyGuy
11-09-2012, 21:45
It must be nice to be in a business that can afford to turn business away simply because a potential customer is exercising a constitutional right.

Wyoming
11-09-2012, 21:47
In Wyoming it would not be enforceable. It also be the end of the store. It would be offensive to too many potential buyers that they would take their business to other stores.

The big question I have is why Okie is shopping for bling?:shocked:

JuneyBooney
11-09-2012, 21:48
It may be handguns in general so just stick with long guns. Strap two AR-15s across your back like a machine gun toting ninja turtle and ask for one of those really big watches like the rappers wear!

:rofl:I would do that for a laugh. But I think Okie has it right..:whistling:

Scott3670
11-09-2012, 22:02

I just assume I can walk in there wearing only a thong - so long as I'm wearing a t-shirt and my cowboy boots.

Damn... that hurts just thinking about it. I'll get you for that. :tongueout:

boone10
11-09-2012, 22:38
Signage such as that has no "force of law" in Alabama. They could refuse to serve you and ask you to leave. I don't think they would even have a clue (and possibly not care) if you were halfway decent at concealing.

HollowHead
11-09-2012, 22:43
I'm pretty sure the statute has to be listed as well for it to have any legal significance. Check your state's laws to be sure.

Our state allows you to bring your own alcohol into restaurants that don't have dispensing licenses. Some do not due to religious reasons and post signage saying so. While lot legally binding, it's a matter of courtesy to not do so. HH

MAC702
11-10-2012, 00:40
Like many states, Oklahoma gives no weight of law to a private business' posting of a sign. It merely states their wishes, which you are free to respect or not. But if they don't respect your wishes to arm yourself, why would you shop there?

If you choose not to shop there, please tell them why.

okie
11-10-2012, 02:38
The big question I have is why Okie is shopping for bling?:shocked:I was looking for a watch with tritium inserts:supergrin:

TK-421
11-10-2012, 03:05
Here in Texas businesses are allowed to post signs proclaiming that concealed carry is not allowed in their store, which is all well and good because it's their right to do so. But the law is extremely specific about what is allowed, and anything that doesn't follow the law to the letter is not good enough, and you're allowed to carry in those places. However, whether the sign was legal or not, I would not give them my business if I had a choice. If I didn't have a choice, well then I would write them a letter making it seem like I did have a choice, telling them exactly why I didn't shop there. Then I'd try and get other people from GT in the area to also write letters, in the hopes that they'd remove the signs and allow me to exercise my right to carry.

Blast
11-10-2012, 03:16
Here ya go, okie.:supergrin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v1klaEdB-E8/S8dbMyXnrvI/AAAAAAAAAIM/pb6aleTTztY/s1600/pocketwatch_gun.jpg

okie
11-10-2012, 03:18
Here ya go, okie.:supergrin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v1klaEdB-E8/S8dbMyXnrvI/AAAAAAAAAIM/pb6aleTTztY/s1600/pocketwatch_gun.jpg

Very kool my friend:supergrin:

glockrod
11-10-2012, 06:49
Okie has been apparently dating someone for a while.

Now he is making trips to a jewelry store.

No one likes watches THAT much!

Come on Okie, is there a hidden agenda?? Whatcha really doin in the jewelry store??

airmotive
11-10-2012, 07:43
In Wyoming it would not be enforceable. It also be the end of the store. It would be offensive to too many potential buyers that they would take their business to other stores.

The big question I have is why Okie is shopping for bling?:shocked:

Kim Kardashian gets a divorce, Okie goes ring shoppin'.

Coincidence?

Highspeedlane
11-10-2012, 07:49
You should walk in and ask why they prohibit revolvers in their business. :cool:

Hicksville Kid
11-10-2012, 07:57

Tough outfit for concealed carry.

Or not.

RYT 2BER
11-10-2012, 08:39
As soon as I see those signs I vote with my wallet

tarpleyg
11-10-2012, 09:05

Okie, you should always take the time to inform the management that you were turned away at the door and why. Sometimes they'll take notice, especially if enough people tell them why they aren't shopping there.

Hef
11-10-2012, 09:06
I do not heed prohibitive signs that carry no legal weight.