Heroes Behind The Badge [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Behind The Badge

COLOSHOOTR
11-10-2012, 03:44
I know this movie has been brought up here before but I recently had the chance to see it during a showing we had out here. The movie really hit home for me as I've recently experienced loosing one of our own in the line of duty.

This movie is very well done and is a must see movie for all of us in law enforcement. The proceeds support the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund so it's worth spending the money on too.

If you have not already seen it check it out. It is worth it!!!!!

Kingarthurhk
11-10-2012, 05:24
I know this movie has been brought up here before but I recently had the chance to see it during a showing we had out here. The movie really hit home for me as I've recently experienced loosing one of our own in the line of duty.

This movie is very well done and is a must see movie for all of us in law enforcement. The proceeds support the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund so it's worth spending the money on too.

If you have not already seen it check it out. It is worth it!!!!!

I am sorry for your loss. I know how that feels. It is nice to see there is a movie about LEO's in a positive light. It is hard not to find one that isn't about corruption or some such crap these days.

LC Deputy
11-10-2012, 09:51
Is this a new movie?

CanIhaveGasCash
11-10-2012, 15:41
I didn't realize that it was out.

scottydl
11-11-2012, 12:48
http://www.heroesbehindthebadge.com/ has all the info.

It's a documentary that was recently released straight to DVD ... but there are showings of it in certain theaters/cities around the country.

Gombey
11-12-2012, 17:47
For those in the Birmingham area: On November 18th the FBI Birmingham Citizens Academy Alumni Association is putting on the movie for free for all LEO.

It's being put on at the Alabama Theater. The doors will open at 3pm and the Color Guard will post the Colors at 4pm.

After opening remarks the movie will be shown. They would like us to wear our uniforms because there is a tribute at the end of the movie.

Friends and family can by the tickets for $10 with one half of the money goes to make next years movie and one half goes to the Fallen Officers Memorial in Washington, D.C.

scottydl
11-14-2012, 08:32
Anyone know how public showings are usually arranged? Could I have my Union (for instance) just contact a local theater, and ask if a screen could be rented and a showing scheduled? Advertising would be the next barrier, I'd want to make sure that people in the community knew about it far enough in advance to fill the seats.

Kingarthurhk
11-14-2012, 17:08
For those in the Birmingham area: On November 18th the FBI Birmingham Citizens Academy Alumni Association is putting on the movie for free for all LEO.

It's being put on at the Alabama Theater. The doors will open at 3pm and the Color Guard will post the Colors at 4pm.

After opening remarks the movie will be shown. They would like us to wear our uniforms because there is a tribute at the end of the movie.

Friends and family can by the tickets for $10 with one half of the money goes to make next years movie and one half goes to the Fallen Officers Memorial in Washington, D.C.

I haven't had a uniform in over 10 years. It does warm my heart that there is some appreciation for LEO's somewhere. If I lived in Alabama, I'd go.:supergrin:

Gombey
11-14-2012, 18:56
I haven't had a uniform in over 10 years. It does warm my heart that there is some appreciation for LEO's somewhere. If I lived in Alabama, I'd go.:supergrin:

Yah, I was pleased when I saw the email. Then I realised that is the day of Arizona @ ATL. I brought tickets, it's my first NFL game.

Oh well, next year I guess.