Did FBI Know of Patreaus's Affair before He Went to CIA? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Did FBI Know of Patreaus's Affair before He Went to CIA?

LoadToadBoss
11-10-2012, 06:43
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/petraeus-resigns-cia-affair/2012/11/09/id/463573
The affair began while Patreaus was CINC in Afghanistan. Woman tried to break it off when he was tapped to head CIA but Afghanistan continued to pursue the relationship.

My question, did the FBI in the vetting process discover the affair?

RonS
11-10-2012, 07:06
Is there anyone in America who believes the reason, as opposed to the justification, for removing Patreaus was because he didn't disclose an affair? What a joke. I wonder which Obama sycophant will get the CIA job.

Ragnar
11-10-2012, 07:11
Timing is everything. The affair was known about long before the election and his resignation was held until it was over.

Neither surprised nor particularly angry about this.

kenpoprofessor
11-10-2012, 07:22
There's a solid reason why he's called "Betrayus". And now that we know his nickname (Peaches), I hope it forever haunts him.

He and the woman (A reserve Army officer) should both be charged under the UCMJ, Article 134.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

raven11
11-10-2012, 07:59
There's a solid reason why he's called "Betrayus". And now that we know his nickname (Peaches), I hope it forever haunts him.

He and the woman (A reserve Army officer) should both be charged under the UCMJ, Article 134.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Too bad only the enlisted man gets shafted by the UCMJ , didn't we have a GT here who's unit commander had a affair with a Iraqi woman and he was allowed to retire with a honorable discharge and full benefits

cowboywannabe
11-10-2012, 08:20
hes taking one for the team to deflect away from obama's failures......as said before, he is known by those in the know as betrayus.

Averageman
11-10-2012, 08:34
The Obama team is packing up their tents and getting out of Dodge.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-cabinet-look-195117634.html
I have heard that Hillary Clinton has the best Attorneys in America on standby and all of the e-mails and documents backing up her position on several issues that may come to light in the comming months.

CAcop
11-10-2012, 11:01
The Obama team is packing up their tents and getting out of Dodge.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-cabinet-look-195117634.html
I have heard that Hillary Clinton has the best Attorneys in America on standby and all of the e-mails and documents backing up her position on several issues that may come to light in the comming months.

Hil was being pushed by Bill and other Clintonites to go for the nod in 2012. She stuck to her guns and said, "Let's wait for 2016."

I think she has enough dirt on Obama and his cronies to get them to either stay away in 2016 or to campaign and push for her above all others. She is no fool. For her it is better to be outside the tent pissing in rather than inside while someone else pisses in.

Bruce M
11-10-2012, 11:10
Wait! You mean the timing of this really isn't just coincidental??

janice6
11-10-2012, 11:15
In politics, little is coincidental.

JBnTX
11-10-2012, 11:29
I did 21 years in the military and saw a few general officers careers go down the drain because of extramarital affairs or fraternization with enlisted females.

In every single instance the affair was known about long before any action was taken.

The White House held on to the knowledge of his affair and when they wanted him gone, they used it.

g29andy
11-10-2012, 11:39
I did 21 years in the military and saw a few general officers careers go down the drain because of extramarital affairs or fraternization with enlisted females.

In every single instance the affair was known about long before any action was taken.

The White House held on to the knowledge of his affair and when they wanted him gone, they used it.

This. He was scheduled to testify next week in the Benghazi hearings. Sen. Feinstein, who is chairing the hearings, has said "he will not need to testify" now.

They don't want him under oath.

Averageman
11-10-2012, 11:40
We are never going to get the whole story on this..
they are doing a great job of covering it all up.

Carrys
11-10-2012, 11:41
Anyone still think this bunch is stupid?

Whatever it is they/he wants.....they will/can make happen. Look at how he's went around the Congress/Constitution to get what he wants. Look how he's now going to the UN to make his own citizens criminals. He sees these things as a stumbling blocks not as safe guards.

ETA:

When it's all said and done, the only thing they'll hang on the great one is that he lied..............and what will he care?

Averageman
11-10-2012, 14:05
It would appear she is a reserve Officer and she may have had access to his Private
e-mail.
If he was hitting this when he was in the Military I think they need to go after him. Lots of bad decisons made by guys in country left them at the mercy of General Order Number 1.
He should not be exempt.

TheExplorer
11-10-2012, 14:14
He should have just told her he was in "construction".

mac66
11-10-2012, 14:20
Who was she working for? How did she get classified information? How did the FBI get involved? He was the head of the CIA, why isn't he being prosecuted for violating national security?

RonS
11-10-2012, 14:41
I figure it was this or a boating accident.

czsmithGT
11-10-2012, 15:48
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/petraeus-resigns-cia-affair/2012/11/09/id/463573
The affair began while Patreaus was CINC in Afghanistan. Woman tried to break it off when he was tapped to head CIA but Afghanistan continued to pursue the relationship.

My question, did the FBI in the vetting process discover the affair?

From what I read the FBI did not vet him- it was done by CIA. I know that sounds crazy but that is what I read.

raven11
11-10-2012, 15:56
From what I read the FBI did not vet him- it was done by CIA. I know that sounds crazy but that is what I read.

So either the CIA knew of the affair and turned a blind eye or kept it as a blackmail card against their director

Or we have a incompetent CIA that didn't know the affair was going on

czsmithGT
11-10-2012, 16:16
So either the CIA knew of the affair and turned a blind eye or kept it as a blackmail card against their director

Or we have a incompetent CIA that didn't know the affair was going on

Yes that sums it up pretty well.