ROCKY S2V military boots. Best boots ever!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ROCKY S2V military boots. Best boots ever!!!!

mike g35
11-10-2012, 10:02
I recently bought a pair of Rocky S2 V military boots. I work at Cabelas and I got an enormous discount. I paid $70 and the boots list for $265. I always thought I would never pay that much for a pair of boots but after owning and wearing mine at work, walking all day on the concrete floor at Cabelas, I gotta say I would pay that much without thinking twice. These boots are awesome!!!! Goretex lined, very well made, rugged but comfortable. A big + 1 to Rocky boots and the S2V. If you get a chance to get some I highly recommend them. They make my Danner kinetics feel like $20 KMart boots. Simply the best boots ever!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Dalton Wayne
11-10-2012, 10:07
I got the same boots and love em

fowl intent
11-10-2012, 11:08
I don't even look at Rocky's anymore after a bad experience with them in the 90's. Bought a high dollar gore-tex boot, used them a few times one hunting season. The next year, the soles had turned to goo. Called Rocky, said nothing they could do.

Have bought Cabela's boots ever since, and couldn't be happier.

alwaysshootin
11-10-2012, 11:50
I recently bought a pair of Rocky S2 V military boots. I work at Cabelas and I got an enormous discount. I paid $70 and the boots list for $265. I always thought I would never pay that much for a pair of boots but after owning and wearing mine at work, walking all day on the concrete floor at Cabelas, I gotta say I would pay that much without thinking twice. These boots are awesome!!!! Goretex lined, very well made, rugged but comfortable. A big + 1 to Rocky boots and the S2V. If you get a chance to get some I highly recommend them. They make my Danner kinetics feel like $20 KMart boots. Simply the best boots ever!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

The real question here is, would you pay the $265, that the rest of us would have to spend?:whistling:

professorpinki
11-11-2012, 10:02
The real question here is, would you pay the $265, that the rest of us would have to spend?:whistling:

They're 170 at US Patriot Tactical for the ones without Goretex. (I never buy goretex boots, 'cause I figure my feet will get wet anyway).

And yes, I did spend it. They're worth every penny.

Took mine out on a 20 mile road march with minimal break in period.

No blisters, no hot spots, didn't change socks once.

droidfire
11-11-2012, 20:08
Do they come in protected toe?

I guess I would look into steel toe if I had to, but composite toe is the right answer. Steel is toe heavy.

For work I get sent home if I show up without steel/composite toe shoes.

Happypuppy
11-11-2012, 20:10
Do they come in protected toe?

I guess I would look into steel toe if I had to, but composite toe is the right answer. Steel is toe heavy.

For work I get sent home if I show up without steel/composite toe shoes.

Right. Stay away from steel toes if possible. The new materials protect as well are lighter and don't conduct Cold or heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD