My "Franken-Gun" (BCM Lovers -- Unite!) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My "Franken-Gun" (BCM Lovers -- Unite!)

USMCsilver
11-10-2012, 19:16
I just wanted to share this little tidbit:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7vANM7GbkhA/UJ8HlG3bS6I/AAAAAAAAC70/6BveNo1mf-M/s877/Frankengun.jpg

So...this is a DPMS upper, mated with a comple, factory (older 4+ year) Bushmaster lower. BCG is from Joe Bob Outfitters.

I got the BCG in the mail today. It was so tight, that I had to nearly pry the bolt to make it rotate inside the carrier. After I got it to the forward position, I slid it into the DPMS upper that I purchased @ a very good deal.

Once it was inserted, I took a Pmag loaded with 19 rounds of Wolf 55gr and dumped them all blindlessly into the night (into a creekbed on my property).

They all went downrange without a hitch.

Honestly, I was quite surprised. With as tight as the bolt was, I honestly thought I'd have some malfunction of some sort. However, it didn't happen.

This is close to my 17th-21st build; it is nearly as cheap as I've gone. I've seen others who preach and preach, (not going to go into what the sermon contained) yet I am successful.

Is it luck? Who knows? I just wanted to share that even with a few dollars invested, repitious fire can still be acheived. :tongueout:

Oh...and about BCM -- I reckon there was none, so maybe this didn't happen??? :whistling:

kirgi08
11-10-2012, 19:28
:popcorn:

MD357
11-10-2012, 19:31
Panties are gonna ride.... cities will burn.

Travclem
11-10-2012, 19:32
A whole 19 rounds?

:tongueout:

USMCsilver
11-10-2012, 19:33
:popcorn:

I can eat lots of popcorn with the ~$350 I've saved. I think I have about $485 in the rifle. That's going to the high-side as far as estimations go. :tongueout:

bmoore
11-10-2012, 19:35
"hey I just bought this Geo Metro from a tweeker, took it an 1/8th mile down the road to Exxon station for some cigs and some MGD. It works great, just like your BMW".

Sorry but I had to. If it works for you then your in...........cool build for 480.

Sporaticus
11-10-2012, 19:39
The only thing I didn't like is the BCM reference. Bravo Company (a GREAT rifle for the price), who I spend every dollar I can with, is the least expensive of the accepted "top tier" rifles. BCM doesn't deserve to be chided like that. Noveske, however, does.

Cole125
11-10-2012, 19:44
DPMS is a four letter word around here, don't you know! :rofl:

Congrats, always fun to complete a new build.

USMCsilver
11-10-2012, 19:54
The only thing I didn't like is the BCM reference.

DPMS is a four letter word around here, don't you know! :rofl:

I have been in the thick of it before BCM, Novenske, etc. were ever in diapers. :tongueout:

Yes, they make great stuff, I'm not doubting that.

I'm gonna run many, many more rounds through this weapon; you can count on that.

Point being made -- you don't need ~$900+ to make a weapon.

That being said, this is a truck gun. I don't want anything expensive possibly being stolen.

kirgi08
11-10-2012, 20:15
I'm just here for the party Silver.'08.

Travclem
11-10-2012, 20:16
That being said, this is a truck gun. I don't want anything expensive possibly being stolen.
Agreed, I have a Norinco SKS for mine.

USMCsilver
11-10-2012, 20:20
"hey I just bought this Geo Metro from a tweeker, took it an 1/8th mile down the road to Exxon station for some cigs and some MGD. It works great, just like your BMW".

Sorry but I had to. If it works for you then your in...........cool build for 480.

LOL, yeah...my Rolex GMT-IIc works just as good as your Timex does -- so what's your point? :tongueout:

Seriously, though. It does the same thing. Some do it with style and class, some do it without. For this truck gun, I prefer to do it without. :wavey:

Sporaticus
11-10-2012, 20:32
HTF did I get lured onto a silver thread.

USMCsilver
11-10-2012, 20:34
HTF did I get lured onto a silver thread.

Hell if I know...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hVGt-0G_Bvs/T9jedUWj5oI/AAAAAAAACos/6qPFl-EparY/s876/AR15962.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RG4mE8-kuYc/TTtLSuSiU-I/AAAAAAAAA9U/Z2gyN1eksIU/s877/ODm4.jpg