Need some magazine help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some magazine help

orangeride
11-10-2012, 22:21
So here's the back ground. I was never into black rifles or combat type stuff, mainly hunting rifles and shot guns. In 08 like most guys I thought I better get into it or I might not ever get the chance. Being a lefty and into match type stuff I built a stag left hand rifle with a 22" med heavy Krieger barrel. The gun will shoot sub 1/2 moa 5 shots at 200yrds. I've always really babied the gun and not pushed it hard. At the time I bought a whole ton of 20 and 30 rnd "Brownells" brand mags (didn't know about pmags at the time) that seemed to work fine. Well I finally wanted more of a light weight m4 style gun that was more mil spec (aka not left) in case of SHTF senerio, that I could run hard and not worry about cooking the barrel. Well my 20rnd mag I always use in my stag in giving me problems in my new carbine. Once or twice in a mag the bolt will over ride the top of the new round denting to shell. My 30 rounder I had with me seemed to work fine. Now the 20's have a black follower and the 30's have a green follower but I'm not sure if its the good non tilt one. In a perfect world I'd dump all my mags and get pmags but thats not really an option right now. Between the economy and my new glock addiction I'd really like to find a way to salvage my mags.

mjkeat
11-10-2012, 22:45
Magpul rebuild kits.

Edit: I should have said rebuild kits using Magpul followers.

K. Foster
11-11-2012, 09:05
The black followers suck. Definitely Mag Pul followers and possibly new springs.

MrMurphy
11-12-2012, 00:24
Brownells is making the current USGI mags, but PMags are preferred (and also NSN numbered and issued).

The MagPul follower and a new spring should fix your issues, though check the feed lips for excessive spread or cracking.