She wants to shoot GSSF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : She wants to shoot GSSF

Roger H
11-10-2012, 23:23
removed by owner

DannyR
11-11-2012, 01:44
Bravo! The 2013 GSSF Schedule will be posted soon, probably late next month, at www.gssfonline.com

There has been an outdoor match in Oregon and Washington for many years.

Dave.1
11-11-2012, 07:49
That's great!

My wife was afraid of guns a couple of years ago.

She was Top Lady Shooter at the local GSSF Indoor last time and was Top Lady Senior at the Greeley match in August.

Lots easier to spend money on guns and ammo when the wife is involved. She actually buys more than I do. :supergrin:

Dave

emtjr928
11-11-2012, 08:59
Good for her! Oh, and you, too.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ron59
11-11-2012, 11:12
Might want to stress gun safety a little more.

At the end, she lets her arm drop and gun just pointing down. Even when she's moving, gun pointed awfully close to feet, looks like finger is still on trigger. A bullet in the foot wouldn't be a good thing.

Not trying to be critical or a negative nellie, but there's some sloppy gun handling there that should be corrected early on.

SARDG
11-11-2012, 11:21
There is a sub-thread for GSSF as well.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Everyone that replied here so far is a GSSF shooter.

Roger H
11-11-2012, 12:11
removed by Roger

ron59
11-11-2012, 12:45
your right sorry she is so sloppy you wont see any of this again

Sorry to make you all butt hurt.
I really was being sincere, and TRYING to be helpful.

Guns are fun. I shoot competitively almost every weekend and LOVE it. At the same time, it's one of the potentially most dangerous things you can do for a hobby. Safety *must* be a foremost concern when bringing newbies to the sport.

Roger H
11-11-2012, 12:57
removed

SARDG
11-11-2012, 13:03
...Guns are fun. I shoot competitively almost every weekend and LOVE it. At the same time, it's one of the potentially most dangerous things you can do for a hobby. Safety *must* be a foremost concern when bringing newbies to the sport.
Gotta agree. I saw the same things Ron saw, but since he mentioned it, wasn't going to rub salt in the wound.

Roger - you'll need a thicker skin, and so will Emma as she will surely be called on some of those moves at a real-world match or practice. Ain't usually no biggy to be called or even DQ'ed if you and fellow shooters go away unharmed and learn something for the next time. Some say there are 2 kinds of shooters - those who have been DQ'ed, and those who will be.

Roger H
11-11-2012, 13:17
removed

SARDG
11-11-2012, 13:25
My skin is plenty thick not so much what was said but HOW it was said .
Ron's a little blunt, but we love him. :)

Roger H
11-11-2012, 13:38
removed

bentbiker
11-11-2012, 13:39

MikeG36
11-11-2012, 13:50
Emmie at the range -

Dude, that was uncool. Why did you repost the man's link when he clearly wanted it down?

SARDG
11-11-2012, 13:58
Im a Vietnam vet I'm used to it. I may not like what people say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
I'm a Vietnam Vet as well, a female, an NRA Instructor, an IDPA SO and GSSF RO - and very patient... but would correct Emmie or any shooter who may exhibit unsafe practices. And I hope Emmie would be prepared for those corrections and calls if they became necessary.

As you likely know, GSSF involves no holster work and no movement or reloads on the clock and is a great venue to begin shooting competitively. As a matter of fact, it is geared specifically toward that. GSSF ROs are generally patient and helpful and I'd encourage Emmie to shoot one or more GSSF matches. As her coach, you would normally be allowed close by - but that is up to any given RO. I allow it if the coach isn't obnoxious! And don't worry, neither I nor Ron come to Oregon matches. :embarassed:

Roger H
11-11-2012, 14:04
removed

SARDG
11-11-2012, 14:13
thank you for your service I also work at the VA medical center in the demnentia unit and every day is veterans day...
Crazy-small world... I am retired from VA (5 years ago). EES in St. Louis - we developed a lot of the boring mandatory online training and satellites you are required to watch. :wavey: :patriot:

ron59
11-11-2012, 17:56
My skin is plenty thick not so much what was said but HOW it was said .

I spent several minutes on that first post. I was trying to make a point without being rude. My intent was to point out some potential issues... NOT to belittle someone who is new. Because you know what? What she's doing is not HER fault, but the person who is instructing her and not correcting the mistakes. (And if that's you.... not sure what I can say other than "if the shoe fits".)

You say your problem was with HOW I said it. I've re-read my post several times. Yes, I'm straight to the point, but I do not see where I belittled or criticized... even said that was NOT my intent in that post.

No... you got a response that wasn't absolutely glowing and you DID get your feelings hurt. I apologize for hurting your (or anyone else's) feelings, but contrary to your posts... I think you are being extremely over sensitive.