Syria Spilling Over [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Syria Spilling Over

DanaT
11-11-2012, 06:17
It seems that the war in Syria might now be spilling over not just into Turkey, but now Israel.

Syria artillery hit an IDF post in the Golan Heights. It is reported that the IDF returned fire but that Israel is saying it doesnt believe it was deliberately attacked or it's response would have been much more. I have to question that. I think Syria is desperate and drawing Israel into attacking them might get some "Arab sympathy".

I think the more in a corner al-Assad is backed into, the more unpredictable and destabilizing he will get.

RonS
11-11-2012, 07:17
Probably simple incompetence.

DanaT
11-11-2012, 07:26
Probably simple incompetence.

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291326

I would wonder why they firing in the direction of the Israeli border. There have been a few incidents over the last couple of days, but it seems that Syria wouldnt be firing towards the Israeli border to avoid a mistake of incompetence.

Also there has been a back and forth the last few days between Gaza and Israel. I cant help but think Syria is somehow trying the stir this as they are intimately involved with Hamas.

Patchman
11-11-2012, 07:49
Also reports in the last few weeks about Syrian armor moving into the neutral zone, which hasn't had military units since after 1967. Hezbollah has also gotten busy recently. Nothing new to see here.

Angry Fist
11-11-2012, 07:51
I wish Israel would just nuke all them ****ers and get it over with.

IndyGunFreak
11-11-2012, 07:54
I wish Israel would just nuke all them ****ers and get it over with.

Since our leaders don't have the balls to do it, I totally agree.