Committed to a Build: The Sequel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Committed to a Build: The Sequel

ratf51
11-11-2012, 07:21
Well, the AR I finished in August finally got shot in November. I plead my case: we began the process of moving from one house to another about the time I finished the build-- ergo, there have been no free Saturdays (or weekends, for that matter.)

Quick reminder: primarily a PSA build with a BCM BCG, 20" barrel, Magpul furniture with the new MOE rifle stock, Nikon M223 2-8x with M223 one-piece mount.

I sighted the scope in; the rifle shot great. I did a 50 yard zero, I shot 55, 62, and 75gr loads; at 50 yards they are all close enough to same POA/POI. I didn't have the opportunity to shoot at 100 yards, that will be the focus of my next range trip.

Observations: I think I prefer a full size rifle over a carbine. My M4-gery works fine and I like it but if I could only keep one I'd keep the rifle. I took and shot both on this trip cause I had to put the iron sights back on the carbine--I sold the Eotech that had been on it in order to fund the Nikon scope for the rifle. The MOE rifle stock is quite good, it provides the perfect LOP for me. As for the scope-- I am very impressed. Very clear, bright, sharp. The trigger is very gritty, though. I will probably upgrade the trigger at some point down the road. All in all, I am very happy with this build.

Now I want to do a light weight mid-length build...sigh...

GSSF17
11-11-2012, 07:50
Shoot a pic of it!:wavey:

ratf51
11-11-2012, 09:35
Shoot a pic of it!:wavey:

I'll try to get one up this afternoon.

ratf51
11-12-2012, 20:44
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1227&pictureid=6089

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1227&pictureid=6090

As I have said before, I am photo-posting challenged. I hope that these actually show up-- if so, here's pics!

Made in Austria
11-12-2012, 22:09
Very nice rifle! I like the new Magpul rifle stock.

ratf51
11-12-2012, 22:18
Very nice rifle! I like the new Magpul rifle stock.

Thanks! I am thrilled with it. The length of pull is just right for me, it is very sturdy feeling, and the storage in the buttstock is much easier to access than the old A2 stocks (also larger.)

GSSF17
11-13-2012, 08:11
Nice setup, for sure. Congrats on the nice rifle! :thumbsup: