Glock parts kit ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock parts kit ?

mrsig
11-11-2012, 09:40
I have several Glocks and all seem (with some exception) to have pretty interchangeable parts. With Sigs you are able to buy parts kits from Sig /Midway/Top Gun etc and have some spare replacement parts on hand.

I have not seen any " Glock parts kits" with a little bit of everything in them for emergency repair.

Does anyone know if they are available and where? PS just picked up a Model 32 G4 and love it. Buying what ammo and extra mags I can for it, as I don't have a real warm feeling on what may be coming at us from DC.

cruzenchris
11-11-2012, 10:21
Yes, Glockstore.com has something they call a `Survival Parts Kit`. I think its what your looking for. It $ 49.95 and has all the springs and various parts in it. I`m on my daughters laptop and dont know how to copy and paste the link for you, sorry

Made in Austria
11-11-2012, 10:24
I don't think there are spare parts kits available for Glock's (EDIT:) they are available.

I like to have on hand:

- Recoil spring assembly x2

- Slide lock spring + slide lock x2

- Trigger spring x3

- Complete firing pin assembly

- Trigger bar + all pins

- Extractor x2

- All springs x2

- Trigger housing + ejector

- Barrel, in case I pop off a squib round or something

The odds are very low that you will ever need all those parts listed above, except, maybe the recoil spring, which should be replaced every 3000 rounds in gen3's and every 5000 rounds in gen 4's. I know people who ran tens of thousands of rounds through their Glocks without ever replacing the recoil spring and they probably still run fine.

I am a crazy just in case thinker who spends too much money on spare parts for all my firearms. I probably never need all those parts. Anyway, glockparts.com is excellent place to buy Glock parts. Prices are very good, shipping is cheap and fast, and has almost everything you need in stock.

MikeG36
11-11-2012, 10:27
Cabela's carries them but I haven't seen them for Gen 4 as of yet. The thing that's really cool about them is that they included the - Minus - connector. :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Mike16610/GlockParts55percent.jpg

robhic
11-11-2012, 10:30
Glock Parts (http://glockparts.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=Main%20Page) has different ones you can get. Mainly spring kits, but all the other parts you'd want are available. AND ....... he uses US mail to save on shipping. Most orders are like $3.00.