Which RSA to get for G23 with 9mm convert [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which RSA to get for G23 with 9mm convert

flw
11-11-2012, 13:55
I have a G23 Gen 4 and use a conversion barrel for 9mm which is my primary caliber. I still use my 40 barrel but 90% of my shooting is with the 9mm to shoot more and spend less.

I have three questions.

1. Generally how long (number of rounds) does the RSA last? Also how to inspect for wear?

2. What is the RSA spring lbs rating of the G19 Gen 4 RSA vs the rating of the G23 Gen 4 RSA?

3. In a upgraded RSA, does that steel shaft in the RSA increase stress to the frame or transfer more recoil to the shooter?

Thank You.

SCC
11-11-2012, 15:12
buy a new one every 3000 rds ...
and it should be the same as the 40.

emorris
11-11-2012, 19:11
When I got my Lone wolf conversion barrel for my G4 23, the site said that there may be an issue with the stock recoil spring being too strong. When I got the barrel I tried several of my PROVEN 9mm loads, and only the strongest would cycle the action. I got the barrel so I could shoot plinking lead loads, so I ordered a gen3 recoil spring and the recoil spring bushing. I have lost count of the number of trouble free rounds that I have fired.

flw
11-11-2012, 19:16
buy a new one every 3000 rds ...
and it should be the same as the 40.

My Glock notes are not with me at the moment but the G19 Gen 4 and G23 Gen 4 have two different stamping numbers on them. I assume that if they were the same weight rating they would have the same stamped numbers but they do not.

If you suggest replacing every 3,000 rnd then would there be any point in using a spring with a steel pin vs the stock plastic?

FYI- My G23 (40S&W) has not had issues with using the stock Gen 4 RSA with 115 grain 9mm loads (bulk ammo). They don't kick out as far but no FTE.