Will Petreaus be subpeoned to testify about Benghazi? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Will Petreaus be subpeoned to testify about Benghazi?

Michael Rye
11-11-2012, 18:04
Predictions?

Magnus2131
11-11-2012, 18:07
Hope he and Hillary both get subpoenaed.

faawrenchbndr
11-11-2012, 18:10
Omamma will save their azzes, just like Holder.

RonS
11-11-2012, 18:21
No, they will save his. How many Oliver Norths does one president need? This guy goes through sacrificial goats like there is no tomorrow.

czsmithGT
11-11-2012, 18:22
Yes, absolutely. So will Hillary.

wrenrj1
11-11-2012, 18:45
Time for peoples' consciousness to come about. I hope that he and Hillary do so. They owe it to those that died. Their political careers are done, time to do the right thing.

PhotoFeller
11-11-2012, 19:04

Yep. This runs a lot deeper than anyone in the administration has admitted.

Maybe Obama's lousy performance in the first debate was related to a briefing about Petreaus' screw up and implications for the election; this news would be especially troubling if the CIA flubbed Benghazi because the general's attention was elsewhere. I'm thinking O learned about the scandal long before Petreaus resigned.

czsmithGT
11-11-2012, 19:16
Yep. This runs a lot deeper than anyone in the administration has admitted.

Maybe Obama's lousy performance in the first debate was related to a briefing about Petreaus' screw up and implications for the election; this news would be especially troubling if the CIA flubbed Benghazi because the general's attention was elsewhere. I'm thinking O learned about the scandal long before Petreaus resigned.

I think you are right.

KalashniKEV
11-11-2012, 19:51

This.

...and when they do, all of GT will be heartbroken and disappointed to find that there is no grand conspiracy.

(or actually they will claim that everyone involved lied under oath- simply because it doesn't fit their hateful anti-American narrative)

czsmithGT
11-11-2012, 20:05
This.

...and when they do, all of GT will be heartbroken and disappointed to find that there is no grand conspiracy.

(or actually they will claim that everyone involved lied under oath- simply because it doesn't fit their hateful anti-American narrative)

Petraeus lied to Congress and Clinton failed to adequately protect her Ambassador. Rice lied to the American people and Obama lied in his speech to the UN. Why on earth would Congressional oversite committee and the American people deserve to figure out why? Let's just forget the whole thing.

PhotoFeller
11-11-2012, 20:35
This.

I really hope the general comes away tarnished only by the sexual indiscretion. His distinguished professional record can survive that scandal.

I fear he may have allowed his temptress to get too close to secret info and he may have missed the seriousness of warnings about how dangerous Benghazi had become. As well as he understands terrorists, it's hard to imagine he underrated the threats.

Time will tell. His testimony is critical. He will be treated fairly by cross examiners on both sides unless there are misgivings about his answers.

jpa
11-11-2012, 20:54
He and everyone else who knew anything and passed it up their chain needs to testify. That's why they're all resigning now.

GAFinch
11-11-2012, 21:05
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of what he would've testified about is classified knowledge. Now that he's resigned and had his security clearance revoked, he can't talk about it can he?

PhotoFeller
11-11-2012, 22:38
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of what he would've testified about is classified knowledge. Now that he's resigned and had his security clearance revoked, he can't talk about it can he?

I think he can answer anything asked in a closed hearing environment. As I understand it, the public, cameras, reporters, curious colleagues, even high-ranking officials will be kept out. However, committee members conducting the hearings have the necessary top secret clearance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ca survivor
11-12-2012, 06:18
BTW where is Hillary ? not seen her on TV for a week or so.

cowboywannabe
11-12-2012, 06:20
some give obama too much credit, thinking he orchestrated a cover up when in fact this is the result of his incompetence.

Peace Warrior
11-12-2012, 06:34
What happened at our Benghazi consulate proves unequivocally that the leaders and heads of our government are a litany of fools one and all.

Heck, a housewife living in a trailer from No-Wheresville, Miss, would have made the conclusion that danger was imminent due to the previous actions of the indigenous population as well as the actions of other nation's concerning the rising problems in the region.

Most all the other countries decided to leave when the danger became greater than the benefit(s) of staying.

Due to the escalating dangers of being there, which was tactically proven to exist beyond all doubt PRIOR to the attack which murdered four people, those in our consulate were asking for MORE help and protection if the white house was going to make them stay in country.

If anyone wants to know more facts than the mass misinformation news outlets are willing to provide, simply research when other nations started pulling their people out of Benghazi and EVEN more importantly, WHY THEY DID SO.

CAcop
11-12-2012, 07:30
I think he can answer anything asked in a closed hearing environment. As I understand it, the public, cameras, reporters, curious colleagues, even high-ranking officials will be kept out. However, committee members conducting the hearings have the necessary top secret clearance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He could even talk about things in public if when he was debriefed they told him he could talk about it in public.

Look at Paul Howe and his book. He describes things he did in Somalia. Then look at Mark Bowden's book Killing Pablo. The Delta guys talked about the sruveillance they did from a military base. They did not talk about the picture of them sitting next to a very dead Pablo.

Peace Warrior
11-14-2012, 01:07
Petraeus lied to Congress and Clinton failed to adequately protect her Ambassador. Rice lied to the American people and Obama lied in his speech to the UN. Why on earth would Congressional oversite committee and the American people deserve to figure out why? Let's just forget the whole thing.
Great points.

This whole, so called, scandal concerning Petraeus is simply giving the mass misinformation media something to put on the airwaves instead of what certain outgoing members of Congress and the POTUS are going to try to ram through in their waning lame duck sessions.

Of I were a reporter, I would be watching closely EVERYTHING coming out of or going on in wash, dc.

The Petraeus thing is merely pablum like gossiping to keep the sheeple busy in order to avoid reporting on what's really going on in DC between now and Jan 20, 2013. The only thing better would be mr soetoro ordering strikes with cruise missiles so as to punish "those responsible" for attacking our Benghazi consulate. Such a strike would give the mass fake media hours upon hours of useless "news."

Averageman
11-14-2012, 07:30
He has volunteered to testify, but what will we learn from this?
He has already said it was a "Flash Mob" like demonstraition, he would have to recount that statement and offer something a bit more logical. I don't think you will see that happen.
1) Did the President give full authorization to go to any measure to get those 4 out of harms way? He says he did, who can back up that statement and more important who called a "Stand Down" if the POTUS actually did give the order?
2) What happened to cause the security force to laser designate mortar positions without air support? Logically you would be trying to fight your way out, not stop and call in air support with laser designation if no one was there to engage the designated targets.
3) What happened to the call for more security weeks and months before this happened and what about the reports of Police reconing the safe house a day before the fire fight?
4) How long have they known about Patreaus's affair and why didn't they take action before?
It is rather convienant that this all hits the fan after the election, make me think it was carefully handled to fall just this way.
We will never get the real answers. Think Fast and Furious.

walt cowan
11-14-2012, 12:15
the park police have been dispatched to fort marcy park and are awaiting on orders from the whitehouse.