Great deal on a selector switch [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on a selector switch

geofri
11-11-2012, 21:18
Just passing on the deal I found, even looks to me OEM

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/126975585/selector_switch_for_glock_full_automatic.html

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

SiberianErik
11-12-2012, 00:10
Good luck w/that. Also that site looks totally legit. Do you have to pay for it in BitCoins ?

MikeG36
11-12-2012, 00:26
:popcorn:

plouffedaddy
11-12-2012, 07:48
It would probably be delivered to your door personally by a BAFTE agent...

austinjunks
11-12-2012, 08:06
Go for it and report back results lol, hope they have o hub in jail.

Austin via o hub

Arc Angel
11-12-2012, 08:28
:shocked: Are you nutz!

I'll betcha that thing will be delivered to your door by none other than the infamous Eric Holder, himself! :supergrin:

Tango 1Zero
11-12-2012, 08:34
You might have to order around 2000 before it raises attention. :rofl:

Eurodriver
11-12-2012, 08:37
If you do not own or possess a Glock, this is entirely legal to buy.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Fear Night
11-12-2012, 08:40
I feel like I'm being watched just for clicking that link.

Arc Angel
11-12-2012, 09:16

I hear ya; BUT, at the same time, courtrooms can be strange and peculiar kinds of places. I'm not willing to bet my retirement income on that legal interpretation. Furthermore, once you take delivery on a device like this you are just begging for the ATF to obtain a search warrant and tear your home apart looking for a Glock.

Personally, this is something that I would never do. :shame:

guns54
11-12-2012, 11:22
Go for it and report back results lol, hope they have o hub in jail.

Austin via o hubIf he gos for it, It will be about 2 years be for he can report back.

cowboy1964
11-12-2012, 12:16
What the hell is Alibaba.com?

dhgeyer
11-12-2012, 12:28
Why does anyone want a full auto Glock anyway? It'll empty a 33 round mag in a second and a half if it's like the G18. So, even if you handload for, say, 15 cents a round - let's see - 2400 rounds in an hour - $360.00 an hour. And that's if you handload 2400 rounds. With WWB, which goes for, what, 27 cents a round, hmmm - $648.00 an hour of shooting. Yikes!

ctfireman
11-12-2012, 13:53
Why does anyone want a full auto Glock anyway? It'll empty a 33 round mag in a second and a half if it's like the G18. So, even if you handload for, say, 15 cents a round - let's see - 2400 rounds in an hour - $360.00 an hour. And that's if you handload 2400 rounds. With WWB, which goes for, what, 27 cents a round, hmmm - $648.00 an hour of shooting. Yikes!

I'd love a full auto glock simply for the fun of it. I'm just not willing to risk my freedom to have said fun!

Bruce M
11-12-2012, 13:54
If you ordered one, what is the worst that could happen? :whistling:

dhgeyer
11-12-2012, 14:20

Worst? Well, the website could turn out to be a BATFE sting, they would put you in jail, take all your guns, you could never own one again, you would lose your right to vote (not that voting does any good anymore), your wife would divorce you, the guy she would marry would poison your dog and turn your children against you, you would get so bitter and depressed that you would join the Hari Krishna sect and spend the rest of your life, after you got out of prison, in a line of shaved headed, white robed drummers dancing and chanting your way through Harvard Square.

Rick305
11-12-2012, 18:01
If I recall correctly , that website is Chinese based and is the main go-to website for bootleggers , and shady businesses ...

I would highly recommend no one orders this selector switch ... will you get it ? Maybe ... But you are risking federal prison time if you do buy it. (sadly I would bet a few people have ordered these)

Side Note : Wasn't a select fire G18 clone on the gun tv show (red jacket?) ?

Rick305
11-12-2012, 18:04
http://www.economist.com/node/21548253

Glock_en_speil
11-12-2012, 18:32
If I recall correctly , that website is Chinese based and is the main go-to website for bootleggers , and shady businesses ...

Exactly! Stay as far away from this website as you can! It's bad enough the Chinese have been infesting our country with as much cheaply made junk and knock-offs as they have thanks to the big box retailer's quest to offer low priced garbage.

Also, if you are going to order parts to attempt to turn a pistol or rifle into an illegal machinegun there's no need to post about it on a public forum. For every post that is made our IP address is recorded with it. If the Feds wanted to find any one of us they could and quite easily too. Too many people are under the HIGHLY mistaken belief that you are anonymous behind your keyboards . . . trust me, you are not.

smokin762
11-12-2012, 18:41

You get a new roommate that thinks you look mighty fine in that jumpsuit.

:supergrin:

vafish
11-12-2012, 18:44
Method of payment, Western union only.

Sounds legit to me.

Plus why spend $160 for one of those. You can make your own for about $30 and 30 minutes with hand tools.

chemcmndr
11-12-2012, 20:51

Not true. The ATF defines any device who's sole purpose is to convert a semi-auto firearm into a full-auto to be a machine gun in and of itself. That's the reason the Su-press-on DIAS in Shotgun News is a hot topic.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html#conversion-parts

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html#conversion-parts-registration

toshbar
11-12-2012, 21:11
I'd love a full auto glock simply for the fun of it. I'm just not willing to risk my freedom to have said fun!
This goes to show just how much 'freedom' we have.

njl
11-12-2012, 22:30
Illegal...and IBTL!

Travclem
11-13-2012, 10:49
Isn't that Eric Holder's storefront?

Is that illegal? Yes.
Is the reason why that is illegal stupid? Yes.

I wouldn't click the link, you will be an easy target for the ATF. Kinda like the cops going after the dimebagger on the street instead of the heavily armed and guarded coke dealer in the mansion.

SARDG
11-13-2012, 13:44

Worst? Well, the website could turn out to be a BATFE sting, they would put you in jail, take all your guns, you could never own one again, you would lose your right to vote (not that voting does any good anymore), your wife would divorce you, the guy she would marry would poison your dog and turn your children against you, you would get so bitter and depressed that you would join the Hari Krishna sect and spend the rest of your life, after you got out of prison, in a line of shaved headed, white robed drummers dancing and chanting your way through Harvard Square.
Yeah, but other than that, what's the worst that could happen....?? :rofl:

geofri
11-13-2012, 17:09

And there we have it. The classical "I'll just pretend like I didn't ever want such an impractical toy to begin with so it doesn't hurt that I couldn't have one if I really did want one".

NO ONE doesn't want an automatic glock. I don't care what you say.

If you really hated the automatic fire, its one switch away from being a semi.

geofri
11-13-2012, 17:11
I guess some posters missed the ":whistling::whistling::whistling:" in my OP.

This was by no means a serious thread, just thought it was pretty funny that when I on a whim typed in "glock" in the search bar after searching totally unrelated stuff on the website, a select fire switch pops up as the first result.

dhgeyer
11-13-2012, 17:24
And there we have it. The classical "I'll just pretend like I didn't ever want such an impractical toy to begin with so it doesn't hurt that I couldn't have one if I really did want one".

NO ONE doesn't want an automatic glock. I don't care what you say.

If you really hated the automatic fire, its one switch away from being a semi.

I live in a state where fully automatic firearms are legal if one is willing to pay the federal fees and do the paperwork. I have lived in this state for 28 years. I am not destitute. If I wanted a fully automatic firearm, or any class III firearm, I would have one. The fact that I do not have one is proof positive that I do not want one.

There is, and has been for 20 years, a commercial establishment 10 miles from here where one can rent class III firearms and use them. I have never done so. Believe it or not as you wish, but this just doesn't interest me.

geofri
11-13-2012, 17:35
I feel like I'm being watched just for clicking that link.

I wondered how many GTers would even be brave enough to open this thread! :rofl:

I would highly recommend no one orders this selector switch ... will you get it ? Maybe ... But you are risking federal prison time if you do buy it. (sadly I would bet a few people have ordered these)

Side Note : Wasn't a select fire G18 clone on the gun tv show (red jacket?) ?

A buddy of mine bought a boatload of fishing lures and line from allibaba. Looks really "scammy" and I guess its kinda ebay-esk in that some buyers might be more honorable than others.. but his purchase went well.

geofri
11-13-2012, 17:40
I live in a state where fully automatic firearms are legal if one is willing to pay the federal fees and do the paperwork. I have lived in this state for 28 years. I am not destitute. If I wanted a fully automatic firearm, or any class III firearm, I would have one. The fact that I do not have one is proof positive that I do not want one.

There is, and has been for 20 years, a commercial establishment 10 miles from here where one can rent class III firearms and use them. I have never done so. Believe it or not as you wish, but this just doesn't interest me.

BLeeaaahhh.... How you you wake up in the morning?

dhgeyer
11-13-2012, 17:49
BLeeaaahhh.... How you you wake up in the morning?

Very well, thank you! Different strokes.

My best friend for 30 years was a small arms instructor in the army during the Korean dustup. He was kind of like the older brother I never had, and had a huge influence on my attitude toward shooting and hunting. Mind you, he spent plenty of time shooting and training others on machine guns and sub-machineguns, as well as all small arms in use by the army at that time.

He gave me a training booklet published by the army entitled Hits Count. To me the challenge, and the fun of shooting has always been the ability to place a shot. One shot. And then another one shot. Like in the movie "The Deer Hunter". One shot. One.

railfancwb
11-13-2012, 18:00
One shot. One.

Right. It isn't the size of the group two inches from the bullseye, it is the first shot from a cold barrel into the center of the bullseye.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Travclem
11-13-2012, 18:04
If I wanted a fully automatic firearm, or any class III firearm, I would have one.

not a FA Glock.

amd65
11-13-2012, 18:13
I don't know...a FA Glock 17 with one of those shoulder stocks and a compensated barrel would be fun.

G-34
11-13-2012, 18:28
i opend the link and im not worried in the slightest:upeyes:

this would make ANY glock full auto?

dhgeyer
11-13-2012, 20:21
not a FA Glock.

I've done a lot of shooting at that commercial establishment I mentioned earlier. I've watched people shoot a lot of different full auto firearms. Even if I wanted to get into full auto, a machine pistol would be the last thing I would want.

Just because you can't have something, that really doesn't always mean you want it. If you have a lick of sense that is.

Travclem
11-13-2012, 20:52
I've done a lot of shooting at that commercial establishment I mentioned earlier. I've watched people shoot a lot of different full auto firearms. Even if I wanted to get into full auto, a machine pistol would be the last thing I would want.

Just because you can't have something, that really doesn't always mean you want it. If you have a lick of sense that is.

You are right, but you couldn't have it if you wanted it.

For the record, the G18 is a blast to shoot. I got to shoot one of Glock's demos.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

nraman
11-13-2012, 21:03
You are right, but you couldn't have it if you wanted it.

For the record, the G18 is a blast to shoot.

It is one of those things that we like to try once.
There are several machine gun shoots where a person can rent and legally shoot a G18 and any other FA weapon they want.
From a mini gun to a .50 cal M2, to a G18, MP5, you name it.
It is pretty stupid to risk prison in order to have some fun.
The G18 was a bit of a disappointment to me, way too fast and useless. Waste of ammo, worth doing once.

Travclem
11-13-2012, 21:31
It is one of those things that we like to try once.
There are several machine gun shoots where a person can rent and legally shoot a G18 and any other FA weapon they want.
From a mini gun to a .50 cal M2, to a G18, MP5, you name it.
It is pretty stupid to risk prison in order to have some fun.
The G18 was a bit of a disappointment to me, way too fast and useless. Waste of ammo, worth doing once.

The rate of fire on the G18 is what made me smile the most. It was surprisingly controllable.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

geofri
11-13-2012, 22:24
Very well, thank you! Different strokes.

My best friend for 30 years was a small arms instructor in the army during the Korean dustup. He was kind of like the older brother I never had, and had a huge influence on my attitude toward shooting and hunting. Mind you, he spent plenty of time shooting and training others on machine guns and sub-machineguns, as well as all small arms in use by the army at that time.

He gave me a training booklet published by the army entitled Hits Count. To me the challenge, and the fun of shooting has always been the ability to place a shot. One shot. And then another one shot. Like in the movie "The Deer Hunter". One shot. One.

I hope you realize my comments were in jest. you view shooting as a challenge of discipline and marksmanship.

Me, haven't gotten over the "just to make a bang" phase.

They call it the happy switch for a reason, no? I am not interested in precision, and expecting that in a full auto. The extreme rate of fire, noise, and recoil... yes.

FrankZ
11-14-2012, 07:37
The extreme rate of fire, noise, and recoil... yes.

Now if you can figure out how to mount a gas engine to it...:supergrin:

toshbar
11-14-2012, 11:54
Now if you can figure out how to mount a gas engine to it...:supergrin:
:upeyes:

DIESEL :woohoo:

kashdaddy
11-14-2012, 14:04
I assume those Hari Krishna guys have bought one before and that is the reason they end up there....................guess they are just going thru the full-auto conversion process.

I dont think that could be the ATF since it would be entrapment and one can beat the case.

rajbcpa
11-14-2012, 14:08
I thought police departments are permitted to have full auto guns. That was what was discussed in the TV show Sons of Guns...... which is filmed in Alabama....I believe.

Anyway, there has been more than one TV show that has shown municiple police officers (cops) ordering full auto guns for use in official government business.

If memory serves me well, this included full auto pistols, full auto rifles, and full auto double rifles mounted on police boats and hellicopters.

So, I suppose if you were buying the selector switch in the capacity of a peace officer for a police department, the selector switch purchase could be legal; right?

a

Travclem
11-14-2012, 14:19
I thought police departments are permitted to have full auto guns. That was what was discussed in the TV show Sons of Guns...... which is filmed in Alabama....I believe.

Anyway, there has been more than one TV show that has shown municiple police officers (cops) ordering full auto guns for use in official government business.

If memory serves me well, this included full auto pistols, full auto rifles, and full auto double rifles mounted on police boats and hellicopters.

So, I suppose if you were buying the selector switch in the capacity of a peace officer for a police department, the selector switch purchase could be legal; right?

a
Yes, the AGENCY can own current production FA guns. Civillians can own FA guns pre '86 built.

SOG is filmed in Louisiana

Don't ever, and I mean EVER, trust the crap that those idiots spew as fact.

I believe you need to be a class II manufacturer to install an autosear on any gun not already registered as a MG.

guns54
11-14-2012, 14:35
Method of payment, Western union only.

Sounds legit to me.

Plus why spend $160 for one of those. You can make your own for about $30 and 30 minutes with hand tools.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)Now they will be watching you.And how do you know it only takes 30 minutes. Just joking. Have a nice day.

rajbcpa
11-14-2012, 14:50
...there is a recent case where a civilian in NJ had a semi-auto rifle that malfunctioned at a range and the gun became FA.

He was prosecuted by NJ and is now spending time in the slammer....so far, his appeals have been fruitless....

that is scary.....

Where in the Second Amendment does it say your gun rights are limited to semi-autos? This is the kinda thing the NRA should pursue...but won't....

Airborne Infantryman
11-14-2012, 15:02
...there is a recent case where a civilian in NJ had a semi-auto rifle that malfunctioned at a range and the gun became FA.

He was prosecuted by NJ and is now spending time in the slammer....so far, his appeals have been fruitless....

that is scary.....

There is more to the story; I bet my paycheck on it. Odds are, he full well KNEW it was malfunctioning, figured "hey this is cool", and events snowballed from there.......or, he specifically modified the weapon to go FA, and again, the events snowballed from there.

rajbcpa
11-14-2012, 15:57
I don't know all the facts in the case. However, it is not unheard of that a semi auto malfunctions and goes FA.

A lengthy sentance for this kinda thing is completely unwarranted, IMO. One thing is clear, he was not robbing a bank or committing a violent act with the gun in question. ...but now he is in the slammer.... and that does not seem justified.

this probably would only happen in NJ, NY or Mass.... UHG!

ca survivor
11-14-2012, 16:33
if you start $$$$ shooting and fishing is out :rofl:

dhgeyer
11-14-2012, 16:35
Civillians can own FA guns pre '86 built.

Well, yes and no. Technically, yes, the FA firearm must be "grandfathered". However, for whatever reason, guns that were "in production" when the law went into effect are grandfathered. And, once paperwork was started, they were, technically, "in production". So, the result was that as soon as the law was passed, but before it went into effect, everyone making full auto firearms for the rather limited civilian market, created paperwork on enough of them to last for, oh, a gazillion years. So here it is, 2012, and the law has had no practical effect. I could go out right now and start the process of buying a brand new FA firearm off a class III dealer's shelf.

Travclem
11-14-2012, 16:56
Well, yes and no. Technically, yes, the FA firearm must be "grandfathered". However, for whatever reason, guns that were "in production" when the law went into effect are grandfathered. And, once paperwork was started, they were, technically, "in production". So, the result was that as soon as the law was passed, but before it went into effect, everyone making full auto firearms for the rather limited civilian market, created paperwork on enough of them to last for, oh, a gazillion years. So here it is, 2012, and the law has had no practical effect. I could go out right now and start the process of buying a brand new FA firearm off a class III dealer's shelf.
So you are saying that someone somewhere has a stockpile of brand new transferable machine guns? What manufacture and what dealers can you go buy a brand new machine gun from as a civilian? My dad has a FA M16 but it's a pre '86. If your story holds water, it's the first time I've ever heard it. I get what you are saying but I have never seen or heard of it happening.

railfancwb
11-14-2012, 17:15
If an appropriately licensed manufacturer has a back room full of pre-ban serial numbered full auto receivers with said serial numbers registered correctly with BATFE, then yes you can buy a brand new pre-1986 fully automatic weapon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

dhgeyer
11-14-2012, 17:48
I just called two local class III dealers and the place that rents machine guns. I was incorrect. Forget what I said. Only class III firearms that physically existed prior to 1986 are grandfathered. The ones they rent are all 30 years old, or close to it. Hard to believe that there are that many of them around still running, especially the rentals. They take a helluva pounding! And most of the dealers around here have them. They don't all look used.

Anyway, my bad.

Clutch Cargo
11-14-2012, 17:58
I've bought (legal) items from Alibaba. Someone should ask a question to the ATF agent who placed the ad.:supergrin:

Travclem
11-14-2012, 18:45
I just called two local class III dealers and the place that rents machine guns. I was incorrect. Forget what I said. Only class III firearms that physically existed prior to 1986 are grandfathered. The ones they rent are all 30 years old, or close to it. Hard to believe that there are that many of them around still running, especially the rentals. They take a helluva pounding! And most of the dealers around here have them. They don't all look used.

Anyway, my bad.
:wavey:People tend to take good care of things that cant be replaced

nraman
11-14-2012, 19:02
Hard to believe that there are that many of them around still running, especially the rentals.
Anyway, my bad.

I think a ClassII manufacturer is allowed to make a brand new firearm as a demo and rent it.

I've bought (legal) items from Alibaba. Someone should ask a question to the ATF agent who placed the ad.:supergrin:

I think the web site is Chinese.

Firecop203
11-14-2012, 20:57
I clicked on the "contact info" and it said the seller is in Beyrut. I don't now it if it's a mis-spelled Beirut or what, but I would say that the seller is not in the US.

9L0ck
11-14-2012, 22:10
Yes Alibaba is the Chinese equivalent to eBay. I have bought led lights for my saltwater fish tank from the site.
Just like eBay some sellers are legit and others not so much.