Unusual violent crime: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unusual violent crime:

leVieux
11-11-2012, 20:59
We have heard it just about all here in New Orleans !

This happened here this past week:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/11/uptown_bicyclist_hit_by_car_th.html

What will the thugs think of next ?

They purposely ran their car into a person on a bicycle, knocked him off, then robbed him at gunpoint ! In mid-afternoon, broad daylight, in a nice residential area, just behind a hospital.

How can we protect ourselves from this stupid violence ?

leVieux

Berto
11-11-2012, 21:00
Move away.

Patchman
11-11-2012, 21:07
Supposedly, carrying a gun protects you from crime. Or at least, it makes society a more polite society.

TK-421
11-11-2012, 21:15

They purposely ran their car into a person on a bicycle, knocked him off, then robbed him at gunpoint ! In mid-afternoon, broad daylight, in a nice residential area, just behind a hospital.

leVieux

Monty Python-Holy Hand Grenade - YouTube

LASTRESORT20
11-11-2012, 21:28
We live in very different times now....riding a Bicycle on the street (with traffic coming from behind you) can be very dangerous...In many..many ways..*To each their own.....*If one must.... situational awareness is a high priority....`Mayberry Days (and mind-set) are gone forever`

el_jewapo
11-11-2012, 21:35
We could stop treating these thugs like poor misguided youth and deal with them. This isn't normal mischievous kid stuff, like liberal society wants to make it out to be.

RonS
11-12-2012, 11:36
They will be patroling the streets in uniforms before long, get used to them like the people of other progressives nations have.

whoflungdo
11-12-2012, 11:38

leVieux

Stop riding bikes.

cowboywannabe
11-12-2012, 11:48
going green didnt work here.

leVieux
11-19-2012, 21:29
we could stop treating these thugs like poor misguided youth and deal with them. This isn't normal mischievous kid stuff, like liberal society wants to make it out to be.

Exactly !

G17Jake
11-19-2012, 22:17
Move away.

If I lived in New Orleans this would be my top priority.

G17Jake
11-19-2012, 22:20
We could stop treating these thugs like poor misguided youth and deal with them. This isn't normal mischievous kid stuff, like liberal society wants to make it out to be.

When is that going to happen?

TK-421
11-19-2012, 22:23
When is that going to happen?

As soon as it's legal to literally beat some sense into their parents.

G17Jake
11-19-2012, 22:23

leVieux

no description of the car or suspects was available.

Why not? They know one was female... couldn't they tell approximate age, weight and height, and also the race of the woman?

G17Jake
11-19-2012, 22:24

Sounds good to me. I just don't expect that to be very soon.

TK-421
11-19-2012, 22:28
Sounds good to me. I just don't expect that to be very soon.

It will never come soon enough. :steamed:

ChuteTheMall
11-19-2012, 22:31
Why not? They know one was female... couldn't they tell approximate age, weight and height, and also the race of the woman?

I'll bet if she was an elderly white woman it would have been reported by the professional journalists.

GRIMLET
11-19-2012, 22:31

Its against the law to beat children.

Gallium
11-20-2012, 02:27

"We" have never done that. I suspect what you mean is we should simply shoot them on sight when they behave this way - which would be far more effective, but not very legal.

airmotive
11-20-2012, 03:24

Parents?...As in, more than one parent?
Surely you jest.

Actually, even the term 'parent' implies a responsible adult.
We're talking babymamas.

Baba Louie
11-20-2012, 04:31
Share the Road, share the wealth? Wealth re-distribution in action. What's yours is mine... See how easy that works? They even left downed biker alive, for future further pickin' when and if needed.

I always wonder if the new Holders of said wallet/comm device will take immediate action and go see who's at home, following said moment of $$ re-distribution. Might be some more wealth to spread around if one acts quickly.

Here in Las Vegas, I used to ride my bicycle to work. Did it for years. Saw a number of auto accidents happen as I pedaled, a couple were spectacular... not to mention a huge number of tire tracks up on sidewalks and planters. So here, they share the sidewalks as well. Got clipped once by an E.O.B. bus right side mirror while I was in the "Bike Lane". Got nailed another time by an old lady who actually got out of her car (I thought she was going to help me get up) and then proceeded to bawl me out while I was still sprawled out in the intersection. (at least she didn't rob me) So it is... I did quit riding me old Raleigh daily to the office, which is sad. Wise, but sad.There have been no arrests in the case, and no description of the car or suspects was available.Muahaha. It had wheels? They had a gun?

GRIMLET
11-20-2012, 06:49
Parents?...As in, more than one parent?
Surely you jest.

Actually, even the term 'parent' implies a responsible adult.
We're talking babymamas.

That was the point of my previous post.

NOPD has had a reputation for delivering "curbside justice" for a few decades. After many lawsuits and FBI recommendations, the city leaders have attempted to make them more "customer oriented" or something like.
Thats not working so well for them.

airmotive
11-20-2012, 07:26
From the comments of the article, it sounds like this was street justice in action.
Guy on bike was drug dealer, and thugs in car were drug supplier(?)
Thug-on-thug violence.
...awaiting youtube cellphone video.