Does this sound like a good build? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good build?

Seminoles
11-11-2012, 21:21
Spikes upper and lower, Adams arms melonite treated barrel 1/7 twist ,YHM 5c2 flash hider, Magpul mbus sights, Miad grip, Daniel Defense Omega x 9.0 rail system, YHM low pro gas block w/ Spikes melonite treated gas tube ,Spikes nickel boron bcg, and a CMMG stainless steel 22lr conversion. 8 magazines : 1 Pmag & 7 Black Dog magazines. All for $1000.00

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Cole125
11-11-2012, 21:26
That should be a nice rifle, however if your going to low profile gas block rout you should buy a barrel with a pinned gas block. You could also send your barrel, gas block to ADCO and have it pinned.

WoodenPlank
11-11-2012, 21:28
Buying the parts to build yourself, or buying this gun already built that way?

If you're buying from anything other than a reputable local builder (new or used), I'd go over it with a fine toothed comb before committing.

Seminoles
11-11-2012, 21:38
I'm buying am already built rifle. The pics look great, only 60 Rounds through it the seller says.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

WoodenPlank
11-11-2012, 21:40
I'm buying am already built rifle. The pics look great, only 60 Rounds through it the seller says.

Personally, I don't buy used ARs unless they're factory rifles (or at least uppers) from a reputable company, and coming from a seller I trust, or I have a chance to get them checked over first. Too many people out there will completely **** up an AR trying to "fix" it or make it "better" then pass on the lemon to someone else when it still doesn't work right.

bigmoney890
11-11-2012, 21:53
Spikes upper and lower, Adams arms melonite treated barrel 1/7 twist ,YHM 5c2 flash hider, Magpul mbus sights, Miad grip, Daniel Defense Omega x 9.0 rail system, YHM low pro gas block w/ Spikes melonite treated gas tube ,Spikes nickel boron bcg, and a CMMG stainless steel 22lr conversion. 8 magazines : 1 Pmag & 7 Black Dog magazines. All for $1000.00

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

For that price i'd rather save up an extra $100 and get a new Colt LE6920. You never know what bubba-ray your buying from or how many rounds actually went through it.

ETA: Or a comparable Bravo Company for that price. Check out Palmetto State Armory if you arent in any hurry to get your gun, and you can catch a good deal and be well under that 1k price mark. If you are patient enough maybe even catch a sale that includes a complete rifle with an Aimpoint PRO optic for right at 1k.

K. Foster
11-12-2012, 09:30

My vote is an absolute NO for the reasons WoodenPlank and Bigmoney stated.

11-12-2012, 09:43
Definitely not. Reasons already stated.

MrMurphy
11-12-2012, 09:50
Run the hell away.

MarkCO
11-12-2012, 15:51
Have to concur, thumbs down.

surf
11-12-2012, 16:21

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2I am not trying to dog pile this one, but this is a great learning opportunity for you and perhaps future purposes and perhaps from others to learn from. I will say that pictures mean absolutely nothing but many people get duped because the weapon looked great, when it really was a piece of ****. Even the best sourced parts use in conjunction in a build may produce their own unique results as far as function and reliability of a weapon. So in other words just because someone uses quality parts, does not automatically mean that they know what they are doing when they put them together or it does not automatically mean that even though they assembled the parts correctly that they will function smoothly together without fine tuning of the weapon, which can be difficult for many to do on their own.

Who know's maybe the weapon runs like a champ. But I personally will not buy a used non-factory weapon, unless if I really know the builder. If you are set on purchasing, I would at the minimum have someone knowledgeable look through the weapon, function check it both dry and under live fire conditions. If the seller says no to any of this, you have your answer.

Travclem
11-12-2012, 16:51
For that kind of money you could build your own the way YOU like it. There are a lot of people out there that want way too much for "builds".