Horse Poop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Horse Poop

Goldendog Redux
11-11-2012, 21:25
Nowadays it is widely accepted that people pick up and dispose their dog's poop when out and about.

Why do horses get a pass? Why is it chubby ladies in helmets and tank tops can ride their giant pets down roads, hiking trails, parks etc while they (the horses) leave massive piles of poop every thirty five feet? I don't see pooper scoopers in their saddle bags...

If my dog left a steamer right smack dab in the middle of the local nature trail and I didn't clean it up, I would be crucified.

MF

Angry Fist
11-11-2012, 21:27
Got kids? :supergrin:

treeline
11-11-2012, 21:53
Dog poop is nasty stuff that takes a lot time to degrade and leaves the nastyness behind for years. It's stuffed full of nasty bacteria like E coli and salmonella, things that are rare in horse poo, and parasites that can trasfer to humans.

Horse poo mighty be stinky when it's steaming but it falls apart quickly and isn't particularly harmful. It's also delicious according to the dog I had when I was a kid.

Kingarthurhk
11-11-2012, 21:56
I don't think there is any practicality in carrying a shovel and a hefty bag while riding.

Goldendog Redux
11-11-2012, 21:58
I don't think there is any practicality in carrying a shovel and a hefty bag while riding.

Of course there is. A horse is a dang beast of burden. They can pull trailers and stuff

Kentucky Shooter
11-11-2012, 22:02
Im no conissieur of poop, but doggie doo must be the foulest of all. Horse poop by compaarison is like tootie fruitie ice cream.

HollowHead
11-11-2012, 22:05
Horse crap is about the least objectionable fecal matter you will ever encounter. It's digested grass for god's sake and is no more offensive than cleaning last years mower deck with a hose. Finally, I'd be hard pressed to come up with any mammal's poop that smells better or is as easily dealt with. HH

*ASH*
11-11-2012, 22:06
Eurodriver??

Dubble-Tapper
11-11-2012, 22:11
Horse crap is about the least objectionable fecal matter you will ever encounter. It's digested grass for god's sake and is no more offensive than cleaning last years mower deck with a hose. Finally, I'd be hard pressed to come up with any mammal's poop that smells better or is as easily dealt with. HH
agreed

noway
11-11-2012, 23:21
This thread is full of crap :rofl:

OP has a point, dog owners are expected to cleanup after their animals. Horse owners are not. Also poop from a horse are going to be 100x bigger than a dog discards at minimum.

But in reality, nobody scooping horse poop after their horse defecates. A horse can be riden or walkin and defecating at the same time & the rider would have no clue, since he/she is like 3-4 ft in from the very end of the horse body.

For the OP it it really bothers you that much, complain to your park/trails/etc...... or move to a area that has no horse trails or riders. Problem is solved.

HollowHead
11-11-2012, 23:36
We all bring rakes and buckets when riding at organized arena events out of respect to venue owners. On the trails in the BLM or Wilderness Areas, as long as they're on a diet of certified weed-free...let the floodgates spew. Good horsepoop is heaven under the foot...no hookworm or ringworm like the poop from those nasty ruminants. HH

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 00:36
If someone on a trail out at Palo Duro suggested I should pick up my horse's poop, I'd probably giggle a little.

HollowHead
11-12-2012, 02:46
If someone on a trail out at Palo Duro suggested I should pick up my horse's poop, I'd probably giggle a little.

I'll venture a guess that those offended by horse poop would in turn poop themselves if they or their kid had to dissect a cat in biology class. HH

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 02:47
I'll venture a guess that those offended by horse poop would in turn poop themselves if they or their kid had to dissect a cat in biology class. HH

And that would definitely make me giggle :rofl:

collim1
11-12-2012, 04:30
You feel free to walk behind my Pepper girl here and pick up her poo all you want.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/collim1/DSC02469.jpg

Its just grass. Doesn't stink, and degrades quickly.

Gallium
11-12-2012, 04:40
I agree that horse poop is benign compared to dog scat.

Most herbivores have symbiotic bacteria in their digestive tract to break down cellulose.

The (waste) end product the OP finds bothersome is simple a break down of grass and bacteria.

Highspeedlane
11-12-2012, 04:55
Nowadays it is widely accepted that people pick up and dispose their dog's poop when out and about.

Why do horses get a pass? Why is it chubby ladies in helmets and tank tops can ride their giant pets down roads, hiking trails, parks etc while they (the horses) leave massive piles of poop every thirty five feet? I don't see pooper scoopers in their saddle bags...

If my dog left a steamer right smack dab in the middle of the local nature trail and I didn't clean it up, I would be crucified.

MF

You're 100% right on target, it's nothing but contemporary discrimination and none of this is going to change until we go out in the street and make our voices heard loudly and without hesitation and boot these non-horse poop collecting advocates out of office once and for all! :whistling:

Bren
11-12-2012, 04:57
Yet another Glock Talk soccer mom thread.

Gallium
11-12-2012, 07:51

Knew it was you before I saw the screen name.

My other candidate was Tantrix.:rofl:

Averageman
11-12-2012, 07:55
I used to compost Horse manure and it breaks down fast and can assist in the decomposition of leaves.
The stuff turns in to the nicest most fertile top soil you would imagine. No foul smell f mixed right.

gjk5
11-12-2012, 08:49

all true. some people will ***** about anything they can.

:rofl::rofl:

I hate getting horse poop on my minivan!:rofl:

frizz
11-12-2012, 08:53

"Smells better"? How about "skinks less"?

ithaca_deerslayer
11-12-2012, 09:31

Not only that, the OP can follow these ladies around and pick up the horse poop for his garden :)

I've been around a lot of horse poop in my life. Smells good.

I just don't like the amonia smell of urine soaked straw bedded horse stalls if they've been neglected for a few days. Much prefer to let horses run outside to pee :)

ithaca_deerslayer
11-12-2012, 09:35
I hate getting horse poop on my minivan!:rofl:

I once transported a live horse in the back of a Chevette. I don't recall if the horse pooped during the trip.

rdstrain49
11-12-2012, 09:48

MF

You have GOT to be pooping me :rofl::rofl:

eagle359
11-12-2012, 11:09
"Walk" dog, "Ride" horse. Walking you step in it, riding horse steps in it. You care, horse does not.

forresme
11-12-2012, 12:58
they should make these mandatory.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0PIiZkvl2z68sDV4G151ujtA1tfLOkYv4zMsimExfquFJCRWEDg

gwalchmai
11-12-2012, 14:01
One word for ya: Beef-a-reeno-s.

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 14:18
they should make these mandatory.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0PIiZkvl2z68sDV4G151ujtA1tfLOkYv4zMsimExfquFJCRWEDg

Good luck with that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

redbaron007
11-12-2012, 14:24

MF

You pick up WHAT??? Did your mother tell you not to play with crap? :wow:

This reminds me of that joke....you know....the one that starts out..'looks like dog crap....smells like dog crap...feels like dog crap.....etc'. :rofl:

:wavey:

red

GWSHARK
11-12-2012, 14:31
Im with you bro! The horses demolish my mountain bike trail!

Patchman
11-12-2012, 15:44
In the woods I run around in, there is one bridle path. Often I'll take a shoulder bag with me for picking up fresh horse droppings. They're great for my garden/compost.

Gallium
11-12-2012, 16:13
In the woods I run around in, there is one bridle path. Often I'll take a shoulder bag with me for picking up fresh horse droppings. They're great for my garden/compost.

So you deal with crap at work, and then go home and INTENTIONALLY look for more crap to take home with you?

:faint::faint::faint: :supergrin:

alphacat
11-12-2012, 16:20
Maybe they should outlaw horses, turn the parks into housing for the poor, close all trails. and make walking on grass against the law....... Yep, that's the ticket.:rofl:

HollowHead
11-12-2012, 16:21
Im with you bro! The horses demolish my mountain bike trail!

Good. Us horseguys hate bicycle riders. HH

Patchman
11-12-2012, 16:24
My kids tell me they're embarrassed when we go on walks in the woods and all of a sudden I'd say "Stop! Fresh horse dodo." Put on my glove and start putting that stuff into my shoulder bag.

Embarrassed, for what? I don't understand kids at all.

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 16:31
Good. Us horseguys hate bicycle riders. HH

Just the ones so think they have right of way.... Again good luck with that :rofl:

HollowHead
11-12-2012, 16:43
Just the ones so think they have right of way.... Again good luck with that :rofl:

We were on a trail ride years ago and some rasta knit cap d-dbag came barreling throuhg our string on a mountain bike. The horses spooked but one of the mules stomped the rider and his bike and let me tell you, the sound of crunching bicycle can indeed be a beautiful thing. HH

Angry Fist
11-12-2012, 17:36
We were on a trail ride years ago and some rasta knit cap d-dbag came barreling throuhg our string on a mountain bike. The horses spooked but one of the mules stomped the rider and his bike and let me tell you, the sound of crunching bicycle can indeed be a beautiful thing. HH
I would have loved to see that.

HollowHead
11-12-2012, 17:47
I would have loved to see that.

So would have I. I didn't actually get to see it because I was chasing a breakaway but did hear, "Yo, dude! crunch dude! crunch dude! crunch, etc. interspersed with snorting and braying... HH

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 17:49
So would have I. I didn't actually get to see it because I was chasing a breakaway but did hear, "Yo, dude! crunch dude! crunch dude! crunch, etc. interspersed with snorting and braying... HH

Just imagining it is a beautiful thing! :rofl:

gjk5
11-12-2012, 18:48

would have loved to have been there.

and at least horse crap smells better than patchouli and stinky ass wanna be hippy.

Dr. Bronners IS NOT sufficient hygene deodorantless stoner!

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 21:33
How I imagine nancyboys to react to livestock:

Aliens in the Woods (Cow chasing Man) Original - YouTube

gjk5
11-12-2012, 21:46
How I imagine nancyboys to react to livestock:

Aliens in the Woods (Cow chasing Man) Original - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h46ry-hpM3o)

I work with a couple of guys who I imagine would do EXACTLY that........

prism
11-12-2012, 23:09
http://i.imgur.com/eh8P4.jpg