Dang, the best instant coffee ever!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dang, the best instant coffee ever!!

Detectorist
11-11-2012, 21:36
I just had some Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast instant coffee. What an experience!! Before I tried this particular brand, I was considering purchasing a personal espresso maker.

No more. This coffee is rich and full bodied and has an incredible aroma.

Try it, you'll like it.

CitizenOfDreams
11-11-2012, 22:06
The snobs will probably crucify me, but the worst instant coffee tastes better than the best brewed coffee.

Edit: well, maybe that was an exaggeration, but average instant coffee beats average brewed coffee hands down.

Detectorist
11-11-2012, 22:08
The snobs will probably crucify me, but the worst instant coffee tastes better than the best brewed coffee.

I don't know about 'better', but it gets real close.

I'm wired now. Ready for my workout.

Yo
11-11-2012, 22:52

Edit: well, maybe that was an exaggeration, but average instant coffee beats average brewed coffee hands down.

Absolutely not. Most instant coffee doesn't task like fresh-brewed coffee, and doesn't have the aroma of fresh-brewed coffee. Now if you're talking about weak, brewed coffee that has been sitting around for 4 hours and reheated until it is bitter and rancid... yes I suppose some instant might seem better than that...

Why bother with instant when you can brew a couple cups with a small French press in the same amount of time...

LASTRESORT20
11-11-2012, 22:57
~ "Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast instant coffee" ~

Alright ya got me curious.....will pick some up tomorrow...been doing the Folgers coffee ...will try something new.

I`ll be back.......:)

rednoved
11-11-2012, 22:58
My keurig makes coffee pretty fast. Tastes good too.

jtmac
11-11-2012, 23:01
Where I go in South America, if you ask for coffee you will get Nescafe instant without exception.

I've certainly come across instant coffee in the US, but the people that go with me are stunned by this stuff. First there's confusion, then there's some marvel that such a product exists, and then there's clamoring that they have to take some back with them.

I can't stand coffee, so I can't have an opinion. But it's funny to me that people in general make such a big deal about "good" coffee when everyone I've seen who tries instant coffee raves about it.

sourdough44
11-12-2012, 03:19
I'm not to picky about coffee, started drinking it on the USS America. Yes, I just picked up another jar of Nescafe from Sao Paulo Brazil. I do a little of most types, brewed this A.M. though.

NeverMore1701
11-12-2012, 03:24
That's like saying the best caliber to shoot yourself in the face is a .45.

skeeter7
11-12-2012, 03:36
You know, I'm glad you posted about a good instant coffee because I work the night shift and I usually make a pot of coffee when I come in. I'm usually the only one who drinks it and about half the pot always goes to waste. I might give that a try next time...thanks! :thumbsup:

Bren
11-12-2012, 06:10
Starbucks Via is the only good instant I have ever found. When I was in Afghanistan, my wife's office sent me about $500 worth (my best wild guess - a gave away several 72-pack boxes to the other guys and was still drinking it long after I came home).

Ronaldo
11-12-2012, 07:44
+1 on the Starbucks Via but it's too pricey to drink all the time. I had been drinking a couple of cups a day but needed to save money so went to Taster's Choice Singles. Pretty tasty (for instant) and a lot cheaper than Via.

Ronaldo, que quiero uno mas cafecito...

Dennis in MA
11-12-2012, 08:02
I agree. I also think Tang beat the stuffing out of real OJ. Astronauts drink it for Pete's sake! Lol

(No, not really. But every once in a while, I get a craving for Sanka. My grandparents drank it. Tastes nothing like coffee, but I enjoy it every so often. )

Detectorist
11-12-2012, 09:11
Starbucks Via is the only good instant I have ever found. When I was in Afghanistan, my wife's office sent me about $500 worth (my best wild guess - a gave away several 72-pack boxes to the other guys and was still drinking it long after I came home).

You mean...you don't drink Army coffee? lol

frizz
11-12-2012, 09:17

Matter of taste. I'm a "snob" but I'll down some instant when I don't have the time to brew a cup.

My snobbery extends to my own preference only. Looking down on someone who drinks what he prefers isn't snobbery; it is snobbery and stupidity mixed in a 1:10 ratio.

byf43
11-12-2012, 09:19
The only time my Dad drank brewed coffee, is when he was visiting my house.
He always drank instant coffee. (Taster's Choice or Maxwell House instant.)

To me, the only use for instant coffee, is when it's sprinkled over ice cream. Period.

:thumbsup:

slick64
11-12-2012, 09:33
i have to disagree whole-heartedly with the OP on this. Growing up in a Brazilian household, my parents never made instant coffee, and I doubt my father ever drank any his entire life.

I purchase different Lavazza whole coffee beans by the kilo. They are fresh ground for each cup in a Jura machine. Instant coffee is nasty.

FullClip
11-12-2012, 11:50
I hate to admit it, but I'm drinking instant coffee in the morning right now. Just setting up apartment here in Riga and haven't found a decent coffee pot that doesn't cost an arm and a leg yet.
I'm the kind of guy who would have to have two cups of coffee before leaving the house if I woke up and it was on fire, so the instant does the trick, but sure doesn't taste the same.

Yo said that the french press deal is just as fast...but truth is they are a real PITA to clean.....and I'm lazy. May ahve to buy one though, at least for use on mornings I don't have to hussle off to work.

voyager4520
11-12-2012, 15:24
Starbucks' instant coffee is the best I've ever tried, I think it's better than their brewed coffee.

TBO
11-12-2012, 15:44
I'll have to try it just for the adventure.
I've never had even Okay instant coffee.

frizz
11-12-2012, 15:59
I agree. I also think Tang beat the stuffing out of real OJ. Astronauts drink it for Pete's sake! Lol

I prefer the grape flavored Tang, but I heard that they are coming out with a prune flavor. I wonder if it will be any good.

Gallium
11-12-2012, 16:09
Sorry,

I was raised on Columbian and Jamaican "Blue Mountain" Coffee. I'll let you know later this week how far behind the stuff you're recommending is. :)

Detectorist
02-02-2013, 20:47
Sorry,

I was raised on Columbian and Jamaican "Blue Mountain" Coffee. I'll let you know later this week how far behind the stuff you're recommending is. :)

I was also.

So, did you try it?

skorper
02-02-2013, 20:51

This observation just means that you don't like coffee. You like hot drinks that are sort of like coffee.

MtBaldy
02-02-2013, 20:53
Sorry,

If you grind for each pot and buy locally roasted beans, or better roast them yourself, you will spit out your first taste of Nescafe and vow never to pollute your mouth with it ever again.

sputnik767
02-02-2013, 22:07
I do not use instant coffee. What is do is grind fresh beans and make espresso in a Moka pot. Much cheaper than even a basic espresso machine, and tastes better than the espresso machine I used for a few years. Comes out very strong too. I bought a stainless steel one instead of an aluminum one, so it was a bit pricier as far as they go.

As far as starbucks goes, I only go there for these reasons: I'm out of my house, absolutely need a caffeine fix, and they are the only place nearby. Their coffee tastes like sour ass, but it gets the job done. I would never even think about using their coffee in my house.

fowl intent
02-02-2013, 22:15
To each his own. But anyone who likes instant coffee over a good fresh roast brewed coffee probably likes Boone Farm over Frogs Leap Cabernet.

CitizenOfDreams
02-02-2013, 22:50
This observation just means that you don't like coffee. You like hot drinks that are sort of like coffee.

Actually, cold drinks. Hot brewed coffee not only tastes bad to me, it scalds my tongue.

CitizenOfDreams
02-02-2013, 22:56
To each his own. But anyone who likes instant coffee over a good fresh roast brewed coffee probably likes Boone Farm over Frogs Leap Cabernet.

I sometimes add a few drops of Grand Marnier in my instant coffee. :dunno:

LibertyPatriot
02-02-2013, 23:31
We ran out of Folgers at work and one of the guys brought in some instant coffee. Was as nasty as I remember it was when I was a kid at my grandparents house.

I buy locally roasted beans and grind for 12oz brews in my Kitchenaid 1-4 cup drip machine or espresso machine that I usually make into cappuccinos.
Made this after lunch today.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

JLB768
02-03-2013, 00:30
I just had some Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast instant coffee. What an experience!! Before I tried this particular brand, I was considering purchasing a personal espresso maker.

Try it, you'll like it.

Just now catching on? I've been drinking Nescafe for years, being the only one in my house that drinks coffee, it was just easier to make it by the cup. I've tried all kinds of instant coffee, Nescafe is the best by far. And yes, the aroma, and taste, are far better than brewed.

vikingsoftpaw
02-03-2013, 00:55
Instant Coffee sucks... Automatic Drip Coffee sucks...

It's sort of like debating what is the better beer Coors light or Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Coffee is the shizznit when percolated in an electric percolator or in a coffee pot fired up on the stove. More flavor and aroma is extracted in that way.

Goldendog Redux
02-03-2013, 01:35
I have done coffee most ways it can be done and I am in love with my Cuisinart K cup coffee maker. I have had insanely good coffee but I have never been able to make really awesome coffee at home. The K cup fills my needs and i have found a few brands of coffee I like

Instant coffee sprinkled on ice cream sounds freakishy appealing.

MF

BassCatcher
02-03-2013, 06:12

Try it, you'll like it.

You nailed it. I have tried all the different brands and that is the best out there...bar none.

I also have a Keurig that I use every day but sometimes I just feel like a quick cup of instant and the Nescafe dark roast is the best.

svtpwnz
02-03-2013, 07:33
I am a brewed coffee snob and have never tasted an instant that was any where close to a good brewed. I drink Starbucks medium house blend and love it. My coffee maker is a Cuisinart with the thermos/karaf and does not have a heat plate. It makes as close to a perfect pot of coffee as you can get. You have peaked my interest and I'll have to give it a try.

TBO
02-14-2013, 18:50
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/IMG_20130214_192043_zps05b81956.jpg

*ASH*
02-14-2013, 18:59
{im that guy today } it sucks . :rofl::rofl:

elsolo
02-14-2013, 19:14
You forgot the wristwatch.
...and how is the instant coffee-like drink?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/IMG_20130214_192043_zps05b81956.jpg

TBO
02-14-2013, 19:21
I'm not throwing my French Press away, but will admit it was far better than the last instant coffee I had 20 or so years ago.

I might have a use for this camping/hunting.

JLB768
02-14-2013, 19:43
I'm not throwing my French Press away, but will admit it was far better than the last instant coffee I had 20 or so years ago.

I might have a use for this camping/hunting.

It's good stuff, I always have it in the cupboard.

Z71bill
02-14-2013, 20:01
I started using Nescafe instant on Saturday & Sunday mornings - I drink lots of coffe during the week when I am working - but only want a cup or two on the weekend.

Store didn't have any - so I gave Walmart generic GREAT VALUE 100% arabica instant a shoot. :upeyes:

First cup I made tasted like crap - I used way too much coffee -

Second cup was much better - I am now about 50/50 brewed VS instant.

unit1069
02-14-2013, 21:00

Not in my experience, but since the exorbitant price of real coffee has sidelined my buying and grinding roasted beans I'm going to give the Nescafe a try.

unit1069
02-14-2013, 21:10
Starbucks Via is the only good instant I have ever found.

I'm not a fan of instant coffee either, but years ago I bought Kava and it was excellent. When it disappeared from the grocery shelves I quit drinking instant.

I recently bought some Kroger generic brand instant --- the first instant coffee I've purchased in years --- and it's awful. I drink primarily green tea in the morning and resort to the Kroger Awful in moments of desperation.

USMCsilver
02-14-2013, 21:14
I'm usually the only one who drinks it and about half the pot always goes to waste. I might give that a try next time...thanks! :thumbsup:

Why not cut the serving in half?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DWARREN123
02-14-2013, 22:01
I like Folgers instant. Good to me. :supergrin:

Z71bill
02-15-2013, 07:06
Anyone recall those -

"Freeze Dried" coffee commercials?

They made a BFD about it being freeze dried.:cool:

My mom and dad drank coffee all the time - looking back now it seems strange that they would order a

Burger, fries & a coffee? :upeyes:

Anyway - they bought a jar of this freeze dried crap - made two cups - each took a sip - and they both poured it out -

That jar of instant coffee sat in the cupboard for the next 20 years. I doubt age helped it much.

I am guessing some do not realize that instant coffee is much better than it use to be - maybe still not the best cup of coffee in the world - but not all that bad.

Haldor
02-15-2013, 07:27
I'll have to try it just for the adventure.
I've never had even Okay instant coffee.

Agreed,

Remember the coffee bags (supposedly coffee tea bags), turned out there was some ground coffee in there but the really all they were was instant coffee in a bag. I tried some on a camping trip, yup instant.