Hypothetical national firearms ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical national firearms ban

Kevinr20
11-12-2012, 09:05
Let's hypothetically say the government bans any and all firearms. Police and military members are given the orders to go door-to-door and seize weapons.

Would the majority of them obey orders or ultimately defend the constitution?

This isn't some conspiracy thread and I don't want anyone to start arguing over whether or not this could or ever will happen. I'm just curious what you guys (especially active or former LEO/military) think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

John Rambo
11-12-2012, 09:10
Most cops and other civilian law enforcement would obey orders. Some cops and other civilian law enforcement wouldn't. Military would have far more reservations.

Can we talk about a hypothetical doomsday meteor strike now?

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 09:13
Another one of these threads. :faint:

Kevinr20
11-12-2012, 09:13
Can we talk about a hypothetical doomsday meteor strike now?

Sure. Do you think if the meteor hits a predominantly minority neighborhood, it would be Bush's fault?
Sent from my DROID RAZR

eb07
11-12-2012, 09:14
The zombies will come first.

cowboywannabe
11-12-2012, 09:16
urban cops in the northeast, midwest and left coast will do their best.....most others wont even entertain the thought.

the military? depends if they send out the ones whove gotten morality waivers to join or not.

lunarspeak
regular cops,un peacekeepers,or mercs??????//

and will this happen before the recession,after obama reveals himself to be the anti-christ or dureing the zombie apocolypse????????????

Kevinr20
Another one of these threads. :faint:

You're welcome to not participate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

frizz
11-12-2012, 09:22
urban cops in the northeast, midwest and left coast will do their best.....most others wont even entertain the thought.

the military? depends if they send out the ones whove gotten morality waivers to join or not.

People who join and stay in the military tend to be those who follow orders even when they question the orders given to them by authority. This is reinforced by training.

EDIT TO ADD: This is an essential trait for members of a combat unit. It, like almost any good thing, can be used for immoral ends.

Bruce M
11-12-2012, 09:24
If we are going to have a hypothetical fantasy conversation couldn't it be the one where I bought a bunch of Microsoft stock on day one and now reside on a medium sized island in the south pacific named Bruce at where some very scantily clad girl is serving me my third tropical drink with a little umbrella of the morning on the lounge chair on the sandy beach?

frizz
11-12-2012, 09:24
Wait. Didn't this topic come up a few weeks ago?

frizz
11-12-2012, 09:27
If we are going to have a hypothetical fantasy conversation couldn't it be the one where I bought a bunch of Microsoft stock on day one and now reside on a medium sized island in the south pacific named Bruce at where some very scantily clad girl is serving me my third tropical drink with a little umbrella of the morning on the lounge chair on the sandy beach?

How about the hotties in the Israeli Defense Force come here and go door to door and offer "military action" in exchange for all firearms.

We'd be disarmed in about a day! And we'd like it.

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 09:27

Sure did. All the retarded couch-commandos came out of the woodwork, talking about how they'd shout "WOLVERINES", while attempting to take on a highly trained Infantry platoon.....:upeyes:

I swear, I think a lot of these guys jerk off to the thought of being able to take on the .MIL.......

John Rambo
11-12-2012, 09:34
Sure did. All the retarded couch-commandos came out of the woodwork, talking about how they'd shout "WOLVERINES", while attempting to take on a highly trained Infantry platoon.....:upeyes:

I swear, I think a lot of these guys jerk off to the thought of being able to take on the .MIL.......

Camel jockeys who wipe their ass with their hands have killed plenty. You think Americans couldn't?

Who is the US military made up of again?

Bruce M
11-12-2012, 09:41

Current thread... http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452353

Glockdude1
11-12-2012, 09:52
If such a strange situation happens, there have to be alot of hiring.

The "turn over" rate would be vey high...... :whistling:

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 09:58
Camel jockeys who wipe their ass with their hands have killed plenty. You think Americans couldn't?

Who is the US military made up of again?

No. What I'm saying is all of you are idiots for even thinking its a remote possibility. The "us vs. Them" mentality is strong here..... :banghead:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cheapshot
11-12-2012, 11:59
The zombies will come first.They're already here. They're called "Liberals".

John Rambo
11-12-2012, 12:02
No. What I'm saying is all of you are idiots for even thinking its a remote possibility. The "us vs. Them" mentality is strong here..... :banghead:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Tell that to the civilians at Kent State.
And at Waco.
And at the Pullman Railroad Company.
And in New Orleans post-Katrina.

Those are 4 off the top of my head. If I Google'fu it I could come up with more.

HollowHead
11-12-2012, 12:17
Someone posted the numbers is a similar thread and by their estimates, it would take something like seventeen years for every firearm in the US to be confiscated. And that was based on every cop,agent,soldier, etc. going door-to-door 24 hours a day with no sleep, bathroom, doughnuts, etc. HH

Spiffums
11-12-2012, 12:28
I believe that when this happens it will be fulfillment of biblical prophesy and no one will bat an eye because we will be lulled into a false sense of safety. America has to be disarmed for these things to come to pass. It is just a matter of time.

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 12:39
Tell that to the civilians at Kent State.
And at Waco.
And at the Pullman Railroad Company.
And in New Orleans post-Katrina.

Those are 4 off the top of my head. If I Google'fu it I could come up with more.

Keep on wearing that tinfoil hat. :wavey:

The .MIL isn't coming for your weapons. Myself, and my counterparts have better **** to do than collect weapons if we ever reach that point.

You have no clue how right-wing your standard company of grunts really are. My entire 96-man company, to include senior leadership was pissed off when they heard the election results.

JW1178
11-12-2012, 12:57
The best way would be to go about it much how other forces have defeated the US government. Hide the weapons, let them come in, act as though you comply and are even on their side, then start picking them off, one by one. Imagine the US just a great big Afghanistan with 100 times the insurgents. Do everything and anything so that the US can't operate. Fight dirty, the meaner the better.

The BEAUTY of this is that most military and LEO's will be fighting with the people. The only true loyalist for the government will be your typical Obama supporter. Academics who think that standing there holding a wine glass is their most powerful moment, and your typical idiot with an Obamaphone.

John Rambo
11-12-2012, 13:00
Keep on wearing that tinfoil hat. :wavey:

The .MIL isn't coming for your weapons. Myself, and my counterparts have better **** to do than collect weapons if we ever reach that point.

You have no clue how right-wing your standard company of grunts really are. My entire 96-man company, to include senior leadership was pissed off when they heard the election results.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mah5rog6Ff1r0mkhho1_1280.jpg

This woman at Kent State is glad your company are right-wingers and we have nothing to fear from the military. :upeyes:

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 13:03
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mah5rog6Ff1r0mkhho1_1280.jpg

This woman at Kent State is glad your company are right-wingers and we have nothing to fear from the military. :upeyes:

Then I have an idea - why don't you do us all a favor and go to the nearest Military base and be the first "martyr" for your revolution. :rofl:

John Rambo
11-12-2012, 13:07
Then I have an idea - why don't you do us all a favor and go to the nearest Military base and be the first "martyr" for your revolution. :rofl:

Because I don't want to interrupt ya'll raping the living daylights out of eachother, of course!

Airborne Infantryman
11-12-2012, 13:12
Because I don't want to interrupt ya'll raping the living daylights out of eachother, of course!

I'll be sure to polish my jack boots before I proceed to raping and pillaging your neighborhood. :cool:

raven11
11-12-2012, 14:50

but but I have a BCM middy AR and a pair of 5.11 pants in my bug out bag

:whistling:

Shinytop
11-12-2012, 15:01
There are people all over the internet who believe that Kent State was an abuse of power. Then there are people who studied it. Rambo is not one of the latter.

Bruce M
11-12-2012, 15:39
Since my effort at an attempt to derail this toward the south pacific seems to have failed, I guess I will ask a hypothetical question: What if, on the day, one was greeted at one's front (or rear) door by instead of a couple of uniformed patrol officers, by an entire tactical team of a couple dozen heavily armed and armored officers spread at various distances to all points of the compass, some behind various (largish) objects?